A thread to help out some of our newer members (and also some longstanding one’s) with some of the more Frequently Asked Questions for some of the functions on the site…
If you are new to the originaltrilogy•com then the following info may also be of some assistance…
The Welcome to the OT.com; Introduce yourself in here thread is just that; a good place to make your first post on here - and for more longstanding members to welcome new people to our community.
Secondly, the About and Help sections may be of interest to you regarding this site and what the OriginalTrilogy•com is about.
Thirdly, the Announcements Section - including Site Rules & Guidelines, Fan Edit & Preservation Rules & FAQ, as well info for Signatures, Linking Policy for Downloads, and Plot Spoiler Policy (and much more) that may be of use too.
If you are having any issues with the site, have a question, an idea to improve the site, or would like to give some feedback - then these can be done in the Feedback Forum and General Assistance sections.
There are also several Index Threads pinned at the top of many respective sections of the OT•com - which may help members find various topics of discussion, fan edits, preservations and other projects etc.
To Join the OT.com Discord server! click on the link. There is also the OriginalTrilogy.com Twitter too.
’An OriginalTrilogy.com timeline thread - a history of the site and why & how it came to be…’ chronicles both the history of this site & also it’s continuing evolution.
The ’Complete Comparison of Special Edition Visual Changes’ thread by doubleofive contains many sources of information as to the numerous changes made to the Original Trilogy films over time - as well as serving as an insightful and comprehensive discussion thread on the subject.
And, the ’George Lucas: Unreliable Narrator & Time Travelling Revisionist…' thread attempts to highlight and catalogue some of the revisionism, altering of history and contradictory claims by George Lucas / Lucasfilm as to the formation, planning and history of the Star Wars films and universe therein.
Finally, the A celebration of the Original Trilogy | Some informative threads | How you can help… thread - highlighting just a few of the many discussion threads on this site focusing on countless fans’ love and appreciation for the Original Trilogy - and ongoing dedication in attempting to achieve a modern, high quality, official release of the unaltered theatrical version of the classic Star Wars movies.
Looking to acquire projects on here? Then please read this…
(and take the time to look around to see how this place works - and doesn’t - before posting requests for projects on here - thank you)
Many people on here just like to chat Star Wars… whether that’s mainly the Original Trilogy (and also the copious continuing changes made to it over the years), or the Prequel & Sequel Trilogies, the Standalone Stories, various animated tv series, The Holiday Special (shudders), the Ewok films, literature, comics, art, soundtracks & audio, collecting, gaming, and the future of the ‘Galaxy Far Far Away’ - or members who just talk about life in general in the Off Topic sections.
A fair few people join here for a particular the Preservation Project, Fan Edit, documentary, blu ray or dvd cover etc. We ask that those who do… also have a look around; see if there are other Projects, Edits or works of interest to your liking. To give the Star Wars discussion threads a read through, or those in the Off Topic sections. To have a think about becoming a part of the community here; and consider not becoming a one-time poster… asking for a link to a project and to never be seen again.
Many of the projects on here have been undertaken by volunteers or enthusiasts who’ve devoted considerable time, effort, dedication and some expense… to locate, preserve, restore & archive - or edit - films and TV programs in their best possible presentation. This is often with painstaking commitment - yet all projects are available for free; not to mention our members also improving upon & sharing techniques, knowledge, technical assistance, experiences - and a few stories, along the way.
Joining up here and then creating a new thread along the lines ‘Give me the link to X’, ‘Where is project Y’, or going straight into a project thread and posting ‘How do I get these?’ doesn’t really fly on here - and will likely be ignored or deleted. Taking the time to learn about a project - by reading through the project thread - as well as how to acquire them; simply making an effort to be part of the community here, and how this place works, even if just leaving feedback for acquired projects, can go a long way…
The OT•com is a place for respect & civility on all of Star Wars - especially so for the Original Trilogy films (obviously) - yet also for everything else from the ‘Galaxy Far Far Away’ too. Yes, even The Holiday Special, maybe…
We’re a diverse and welcoming community - the upshot is ‘Be Civil - Be Cool’; passionate - yet cordial discussion & wide-ranging views are welcome - toxicity, repeated negativity, trolls & WUMs are not.
We hope you enjoy your time on here - as thousands of others already have, currently do, and will - in the future to come 😃
The Index Categories / Queries are…
• How to post an image on the OriginalTrilogy•com… (and some useful markdown guides too)
• How to post a ‘spoiler’ on this site…
• How do I embed a video (from YouTube or Vimeo etc) on here?
• I can’t find the Search function on the site - Is there one?
• What is a ‘PM’? (and how do I send one?)
• I see a lot of abbreviations & acronyms on here - what do they mean?
• I would like to report a bug / request a site feature / have an idea…
• What are the Site Rules & Guidelines?
• How do I report an issue? / Contact a Moderator?
• Does this site have a social media page?
• Does the site have a NSFW (Not Safe For Work) Policy?
• I have found a Fan Edit / Preservation I am interested in - but don’t know how to get / acquire / download it?
• Myspleen aren’t currently giving out invites / Can I have a Myspleen invite / Myspleen requests etc…
• Why don’t you guys just have links to downloads (torrents and file share site links etc) on the OT•com?
• What kind of download links can I post on this site?
• What are some of the other Fan Edit / Fan Project sites around?
• Where can I find Harmy’s Despecialized Editions, or adywan’s Revisted Edits, or Hal9000’s Prequel Edits, or Jambe Davdar’s Filmumentaries, or poita’s quality Star Wars projects, or the 4k77, 4K80 & 4K83 projects, or other quality endeavours?
• Why isn’t it easier to acquire Harmy’s Despecialized Editions?
• I don’t have a computer to acquire project X - or blu ray writer to burn project X to disc - please help…
• I have found some online sites and listing selling fan projects from on here…
• Where can I learn a bit more about the OT•com site itself?
• Is there a bullet point thread on here with the inconsistencies and retcons from George Lucas’ (or Lucasfilm’s) revisionism?
• Where can I find sources of information on the many changes to the Original Trilogy films?
• Where can I find sources of information on the film crew who worked on the Original Trilogy films?
• How do I delete a post I accidentally made?
• How do I delete my account on here?
• I would like to change my username on here…
• How do I edit / update the title of my thread?
A few reserved posts for future questions and info.
If you have a question, suggestion or would like to submit some info then please post it below - thank you.
And also let us know if you see any errors or broken links etc - cheers 👍
Last updated - 29th September, 2020.
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info