An Index Of Projects & Help Thread for Star Wars Preservations…
A new and updated Index Of Projects & Help Thread to try and help members find information on, and links to, the many various projects, quality assurance/improvements, and ‘how-to’ threads, that have originated on the OT•com down the years.
Moth3r’s quality original Index Thread - ‘Project Index: Star Wars Preservations’
A polite request: That fan editors & preservationists keep their project threads (and thread titles) updated as to their status - whether their project is in the… ‘Planning’ or ‘Idea’ stages, if any ‘Help Needed’ is required, is a ‘Work In Progress (WIP)’, or hopefully ‘Finished’ & ‘Released’ - or even unfortunately ‘Unfinished’, ‘Cancelled’ or ‘On Hiatus’ etc.
The site staff also ask that fan editors & preservationists include information in the opening post of their project thread as to how they would like members to ask about obtaining their projects; whether that is by sending them a PM, or asking for link requests in the project thread itself, or by other means. Thank you.
If you’d like your project added to this Index please post a link to it below - along with which category it belongs in & its current status.
Some information about The 2020 re-organisation of the ‘Fan Project’ sections of the site - and more…
If making a new thread that is NOT a fan project… please give fellow members a clear idea of what the thread is about. For example, add ‘Query’, or ‘Info’, ‘Discussion’, ‘Help: looking for…’, ‘Help Wanted’, ‘Info Wanted’, ‘Has anyone done a project on X?’, or ‘Idea: for Project X’ etc to the thread title. Do not make new threads for which there are project threads already in existence.
The Index Categories are:-
• Original Trilogy Preservations - VHS / Video, CED & Laserdisc sourced (from the earlier fan-made projects + a ‘brief history of’…)
• Original Trilogy Preservations - 2006 GOUT DVD (the substandard official release, based on a master used for 1993 laserdiscs)
• Original Trilogy Preservations - from other sources (35mm film prints, HD & 4K Streams, Digital DLs, '11 Blu Ray, HDTV, '04 DVD)
• 1997 Special Edition OT Preservation Projects (+ some discussion threads) (VCD, VHS, laserdisc, bootleg DVD, HDTV, 4K projects)
• Star Wars - Prequel & Sequel Trilogy (+ Saga-based projects - including the Original Trilogy) Preservations
• Star Wars - Beyond the Main Saga (Standalone / Anthology films, Holiday Special, the Ewok movies, Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars…)
• Star Wars - Miscellaneous Preservation Projects… (Return Of The Ewok, THX Discs, Star Tours, General Misc., & ‘The Lost Cut’)
• Star Wars - Deleted Scene Preservation & Restoration Projects (including individual scene projects - for all of the GFFA releases)
• Star Wars - Documentaries, Specials, Bonus Materials, Trailers, and more… (+ Fan-Made Docs, TV Programs, & Curiosities etc)
• Star Wars - Audio Projects (+ Audio Info and Discussion threads)
• Star Wars - Technical & Video / Audio / Quality Improvement threads & Projects
• The ‘Which Is Best?’ Star Wars Preservation Project discussion threads… (which Projects are highly rated / liked / suited etc…)
• Notes (also ‘General Star Wars Preservation Discussion threads’ : also ‘General info & links, and some answers to queries’…)
or you can just scroll down through all the category posts in this thread… 👍
For information - and also some ‘Grouped’ Project Release Threads…
none’s :F:L:I:M:S:I:P:L:A:S:T: D:A:T:A:B:A:S:E: - a superb archive of many Star Wars releases.
none’s Shot List Spreadsheet - v0.5.05 - 6 films - publicly editable
none’s SW Line Movies/Documentaries/Films/Shorts/Etc thread
none’s Theater Performance Preservations - an Index within (great work from ‘none’)
none’s The Treadwell Collection (mainly VHS sources from back in the day)
Rikter’s The Official ANGRYSVN STAR WARS Release Thread - archive of many Star Wars project releases.
Rikter’s The Official “Angrysun” Fan Preservation Release Thread - archive of many Star Wars project releases.
Rikter’s STAR WARS: The Torrents thread - for information only - archive of many Star Wars project releases.
baby hum’s The Official babyhum Release Thread - archive of many Star Wars project releases.
Segaflip’s The Official Segaflip Release Thread - archive of many Star Wars project releases.
dark_jedi’s Star Wars OT & 1997 Special Edition - Various Projects Info - archive of many Star Wars project releases.
poita’s projects - Some info & help for poita’s many quality Star Wars projects (and more)…
hedgesmfg’s The NumeralJoker/MechaSalesman 4K HDR Edits Megathread, Clips Previews, and Release Info
spoRv’s Star Wars: deleted and extended scenes - database
spoRv’s Star Wars: SDTV & HDTV digital broadcast - database
idir_hh’s All Star Wars films released in 4K HDR on Disney Plus: 4KSE with more changes (2019 thread)
doubleofive’s invaluable Complete Comparison of Special Edition Visual Changes thread with links to multiple sources
OriginalTrilogy•com’s Fan Edit / Preservation Forum Rules and FAQ thread
A quick reminder that the Star Wars Preservation and Star Wars Fan Edit sections of the site are NOT the places to bash on certain eras or aspects of the films, actors, film-makers or owners - or any perceived ‘agendas’ or politics thereof.
There are far more relevant threads in the Beyond the Original Trilogy or General Star Wars Discussion sections of the site to talk about this.
Critiquing a scene in the Star Wars Fan Edits section with the aim of improving it, removing it, altering it etc is perfectly fine. Statements such as ‘Disney sucks’ and ‘this film is so shit no Fan Edit can save it’ and so on, are not.
Fan Editors, Preservationists and members do not want the same sort of repeated comments and discussions in the ‘Fan Project’ areas - especially when they’ve already taken place (and continuing) in other more relevant sections of the site, as linked to above.
Bluto’s comprehensive and quality Guide to Downloading Projects from Usenet thread, in the How-To’s and Technical Discussions section of the site, may be of interest for those members looking to acquire certain projects.
ReverendBeastly’s STAR WARS: the alt.binaries.starwars thread may also be of some assistance.
ZigZig’s kind offer in his Monthly shares thread may also be helpful for those looking to acquire certain projects.
RoccondilRinon has very kindly made an OriginalTrilogy•com animated logo for use with any Preservation or Fan Edit projects:-
‘OT•com animated logo - NOW AVAILABLE for use in fan edits and other projects’ (by RoccondilRinon)
^ (if you’d like to give credit for the above animations please do so to St. Kilda Design - RoccondilRinon’s art and design brand; thanks)
Looking to acquire projects on here? Then please read this…
(and take the time to look around to see how this place works - and doesn’t - before posting requests for projects on here - thank you)
I have found a Fan Edit / Preservation Project I am interested in - but don’t know how to get / acquire / download it?
The OriginalTrilogy•com is a community where a ‘read first - post after’ mantra benefits everyone here - especially for the ‘Fan Project’ sections. We appreciate some may be excited to see the projects that feature on here - information on how to acquire them is readily available - yet patience is also required. If you bring impatience, entitlement, aggressive or vitriolic attitudes, personal attacks, or toxicity… then expect some choice words in return - and also expect your stay on here to be a short one.
These ‘signpost’ threads, featuring useful info and links to the five most sought-after fan projects, may be of interest…
• Some info & help for Harmy’s Despecialized Editions of the Original Trilogy…
• Some info & help for Puggo’s Grande 16mm preservations of the Original Trilogy…
• Some info & help for TN1’s 4K77, 4K80 & 4K83 preservation projects of the Original Trilogy…
• Some info & help for adywan’s Revisited Editions of the Original Trilogy…
• Some info & help for the Hal 9000 Edits of the Prequel & Sequel Trilogies (+ more)
Obviously there are countless more projects in the four main Project Index threads in each of the ‘Fan Project’ sections of the site.
Please let us also know if you see any errors, broken links or if project threads / this Index requires updating. 👍
Also, if you have any suggestions for additional projects or threads to be added, please post them in here - thank you.
Last Updated: 24th December, 2021.
Links to the Welcome to the OriginalTrilogy.com; Introduce yourself in here + useful info within, plus About, and Help sections.
A link to the ‘How do I do this?’ on the OriginalTrilogy.com - some info & replies to members’ FAQs thread, in General Assistance.
Links to the OT.com Forum Rules and Guidelines & Fan Edit / Preservation Forum Rules and FAQ threads, in Announcements.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?”
“Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?” - Oddball, of The Awkward Squad