Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 MKV IS OUT NOW — Page 628

Author
Time

Murry Sparkles said:

Its the same on EBAY UK, no matter how many times you report the listing EBAY do nothing about it, its as if they just dont care. These sellers are making a nice profit from Harmys hard work. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Despecialized-Trilogy-Blu-Ray-/112558196937?hash=item1a34fdc8c9:g:udsAAOSwp4VZlA~V http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Despecialized-Trilogy-Blu-ray-/112558036843?hash=item1a34fb576b:g:WPsAAOSwIIxZkcax

Seems that ‘pauhannin0’ on ebay has made a bit selling these free edits.

Reported too mate.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

oojason said:

Murry Sparkles said:

Its the same on EBAY UK, no matter how many times you report the listing EBAY do nothing about it, its as if they just dont care. These sellers are making a nice profit from Harmys hard work. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Despecialized-Trilogy-Blu-Ray-/112558196937?hash=item1a34fdc8c9:g:udsAAOSwp4VZlA~V http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Despecialized-Trilogy-Blu-ray-/112558036843?hash=item1a34fb576b:g:WPsAAOSwIIxZkcax

Seems that ‘pauhannin0’ on ebay has made a bit selling these free edits.

Reported too mate.

Even when you look at his feedback most of his sales are from Harmys work.

Author
Time

You have to convert the AVCHD to mpeg2 that’s the dvd standard.

<span style=“font-size: 12px; line-height: 14.390625px;”>Hard to say what is ‘best’ DVD burning tool as there are several utilities out there.</span>

<span style=“font-size: 12px; line-height: 14.390625px;”>I use AppGeeker DVD Creator which does the job for me.</span>

<span style=“font-size: 12px; line-height: 14.390625px;”>See: http://www.ilikemsll.com/convert/burn-mts-to-dvd.html</span>

<span style=“font-size: 12px; line-height: 14.390625px;”>It may be other options out there, for sure.</span>
The avchd files may be mts or m2ts formats, to convert mts m2ts to mpeg you can use mts converter here is the download http://www.convertmtsfiles.net also you can find dvd creator on the page below.

Author
Time

Rikter said:

Harmy,

I finally got around to a bit of free time and have been catching up on the OT and related projects and DAMN. I’m so happy to have Star Wars back in my life after the tragic episodes and now that I started to prowl around my old web haunts I’m so glad to see that you’ve done some fantastic work here Harmy! I love the little SE bits and the recolouring.

The Force is strong with this one.

  • RiK

The Force is pretty strong with yourself old friend 😃

Word to those Spookies!

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

Rikter… Now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time. A long time. 😃

“You know, when you think about it, the Ewoks probably just crap over the sides of their tree-huts.”

Author
Time

Hello probably been answered before but can I delete the rar files after I’ve converted them into the film? Thanks!

Author
Time

ml80 said:

Hello probably been answered before but can I delete the rar files after I’ve converted them into the film? Thanks!

Extracting them writes a new folder containing the working files, so deleting the rars won’t affect the unpacked data. However, I have opted to keep a set of the rars backed up to several DVD+R DL discs. That way, should my DE copies ever get corrupted, I won’t have to spend massive amounts of time downloading them again.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

solkap said:

ml80 said:

Hello probably been answered before but can I delete the rar files after I’ve converted them into the film? Thanks!

Extracting them writes a new folder containing the working files, so deleting the rars won’t affect the unpacked data. However, I have opted to keep a set of the rars backed up to several DVD+R DL discs. That way, should my DE copies ever get corrupted, I won’t have to spend massive amounts of time downloading them again.

Good idea thanks!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Just started watching 2.7 for the first time with my MacBook Pro connected to my Onkyo TX SR805 via HDMI and Thunderbolt/HDMI adapter into my MacBook Pro’s Thunderbolt port. Rear channels are extremely distorted and theres hardly any bass. Onkyo says Mulitchannel on the screen. Any idea why it would sound like that? Hoping theres a fix cause I’m dying to watch this on my tv.

Author
Time

Not sure where you got 2.7, but lots of software players don’t handle the lossless DTS-MA tracks very well. A lossy AC3/Dolby Digital track is pretty universally playable. In my experience, VLC has no problems with multiple audio tracks, but that’s not on a Mac. You should simply be able to select one of the alternate AC3 tracks to see if it plays back without distortion. I suspect you got a remux – i.e. not the original files, probably extra compressed and put on a public torrent. Those are pretty common, because the real deal involves huge files that people generally don’t have the patience to download.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

CatBus said:

Not sure where you got 2.7, but lots of software players don’t handle the lossless DTS-MA tracks very well. A lossy AC3/Dolby Digital track is pretty universally playable. In my experience, VLC has no problems with multiple audio tracks, but that’s not on a Mac. You should simply be able to select one of the alternate AC3 tracks to see if it plays back without distortion. I suspect you got a remux – i.e. not the original files, probably extra compressed and put on a public torrent. Those are pretty common, because the real deal involves huge files that people generally don’t have the patience to download.

I got it from the ultimate introductory guide to harmys Star Wars trilogy despecialized editions. Each of the films took a couple hours to download and were around 20 GB each. Is that right?

Author
Time

Yeah, those should have many audio tracks, the first three being DTS-HD MA (#1 being 5.1, #2 being 2.0, #3 being mono). Don’t know why you’re not seeing the different tracks in VLC, they should definitely all be there.

Are you bitstreaming the audio without reencoding it to your receiver (that is, sending the raw DTS data instead of letting VLC or your Mac convert it to PCM or something else first)?

Might be a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt to HDMI issue, I’m not sure. Haven’t had a Mac in years, and when I did it was pre-Thunderbolt.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Okay figured it out earlier.

First of all, I didn’t realize that the movie itself would have to be pulled up on the screen to see all the audio options in the drop down audio menu. All the tracks are there.

Secondly, the sound sounds like it should now. If anyone else has this problem, the solution for me was to go into audio device in the drop down audio menu. Make sure it’s set to HDMI (Encoded Output). Elementary for all you I’m sure but I have hardly any experience with VPC.

And lastly, wow, watching A New Hope tonight was like being reunited with a long lost loved one. Ha! Seriously I never once had that moment of being pulled out of it when I saw one of Lucas’ stupid add ins. And the colors and clarity are unreal. Can’t wait to watch Empire and dl Jedi. Man these things are awesome, can’t believe Lucas wouldn’t want all the releases to look like this. Thanks so much to Harmy and everyone else who worked on it.

Author
Time

ml80 said:

And lastly, wow, watching A New Hope tonight was like being reunited with a long lost loved one. Ha! Seriously I never once had that moment of being pulled out of it when I saw one of Lucas’ stupid add ins. And the colors and clarity are unreal. Can’t wait to watch Empire and dl Jedi.

Heh, as far as Despecialized goes, Star Wars is currently the warty stepsister of the three films. I have a feeling you’ll like what he’s done with the others!

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Haha! Awesome! Now I need to get me hands on those njvc BD’s and I’ll be set!

Author
Time

ml80 said:

Haha! Awesome! Now I need to get me hands on those njvc BD’s and I’ll be set!

The Blu-ray ISO’s made by NJVC are fantastic. For now they’re the only way I watch the original trilogy.

Author
Time

Shokara said:

ml80 said:

Haha! Awesome! Now I need to get me hands on those njvc BD’s and I’ll be set!

The Blu-ray ISO’s made by NJVC are fantastic. For now they’re the only way I watch the original trilogy.

Well, send em on over! 😃

Author
Time

ml80 said:

Shokara said:

The Blu-ray ISO’s made by NJVC are fantastic. For now they’re the only way I watch the original trilogy.

Well, send em on over! 😃

ml80 - I sent you a PM (top right, message bubble).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So… has Peyton Reed registered here / asked for Spleen invites yet?