Sign In

Han - Solo Movie ** Spoilers ** — Page 85

Author
Time

I hope old Han Solo is used as a framing device. Maybe Harrison Ford providing narration throughout the film too.

The blue elephant in the room.

Author
Time

Mrebo said:

I hope old Han Solo is used as a framing device. Maybe Harrison Ford providing narration throughout the film too.

So, like Stand By Me, but in space?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

oojason said:

Apologies if posted before:-

From the Haynes’ ‘Millenium Falcon Owner’s Workshop Manual’ - released in 2011/12…

^ https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8c66kw/some_info_on_yt1300s/
 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Millennium-Falcon-Owners-Workshop-Manual/dp/0345533046

That is AWESOME. As a long time hot rodder and motorcycle rider, that is an uncanny take on the Haynes manuals. They are the Bible for just about any make & model you may be fixing or restoring. I’ve used more than a few of them. The actual manuals have that same level of detail. Very clever.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

"Why are you here, Rey from nowhere?”

Author
Time

Anchorhead said:

oojason said:

Apologies if posted before:-

From the Haynes’ ‘Millenium Falcon Owner’s Workshop Manual’ - released in 2011/12…

^ https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8c66kw/some_info_on_yt1300s/
 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Millennium-Falcon-Owners-Workshop-Manual/dp/0345533046

That is AWESOME. As a long time hot rodder and motorcycle rider, that is an uncanny take on the Haynes manuals. They are the Bible for just about any make & model you may be fixing or restoring. I’ve used more than a few of them. The actual manuals have that same level of detail. Very clever.

My wife bought me this:
https://haynes.com/en-gb/imperial-death-star-manual

They told me they’d fixed it!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

^ Anchorhead and me will be around shortly to help you build it mate 😃

Do you have some spare metal lying around? 😉
 

Love those Haynes manuals - when I was a kid (before the computerisation of cars and bikes) I think near-on everyone I know had a Haynes manual for this respective vehicles over the years here - likely saving a lot of money doing the more simpler aspects of maintenance and repair themselves rather than going to a mechanic - and also learned a fair bit too.

(Everyone seemed to have a bit more time to do stuff like that - and a bit more patience too - though that could be the nostalgia goggles talking)
 

Love the t-shirts they do on them too (for near-on every Star Wars vehicle & ship)…

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?

Author
Time

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” is such a revolting mouthful of words. I really wish that they’d have the guts to release something without the Star Wars brand in the title.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

Well it needs the brand name for recognition from the general public. What it doesn’t need is that ridiculously clumsy subtitle. I really don’t understand why they didn’t go with the simple Star Wars: Rogue One, Star Wars: Solo naming convention. Probably because they wanted to differentiate between the episodic titles and the standalones but I don’t think that’s at all necessary.

Help back SPACE COMMAND!

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

moviefreakedmind said:

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” is such a revolting mouthful of words.

Glad to see you haven’t lost your sense of hyperbole.

It’s just an unpleasant title. Solo would be okay, but Solo: A Star Wars Story is just yucky to say.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” is such a revolting mouthful of words. I really wish that they’d have the guts to release something without the Star Wars brand in the title.

Disney isn’t about to risk another John Carter type marketing disaster. Seriously, the people behind that ad campaign ought to have been sacked. And by sacked, I mean forced to ride It’s a Small World at Disneyland for several hours. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Not as bad as: “Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope” 😉

For RO, the tag line was only used in marketing. The title card in the film simply read, “Rogue One.” Would guess Solo will follow this convention.

Edit: why aren’t my emoticons bigger like Wook’s?

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Edit: why aren’t my emoticons bigger like Wook’s?

😛

I want to be naked, running through the streets.
I want to invite this so-called chaos you think I dare not be.
I want to be weightless, flying through the air.
I want to drop all these limitations and return to what I was born to be.

Author
Time

Possessed said:

ray_afraid said:

I’m really loving everything I’ve seen from this movie so far.
Crazy how much I’ve been won over. Really lookin’ forward to this.

Samezies

Count me in, too.
I love it that it looks silly and goofy and just fun…
…and the s***storm of people complaining about that is going to be ten times worse than the fan division created by TLJ.

Author
Time

regularjoe said:

Possessed said:

ray_afraid said:

I’m really loving everything I’ve seen from this movie so far.
Crazy how much I’ve been won over. Really lookin’ forward to this.

Samezies

Count me in, too.
I love it that it looks silly and goofy and just fun…
…and the s***storm of people complaining about that is going to be ten times worse than the fan division created by TLJ.

I was gonna say that I doubt that, but then again, I guess it could.

you ever just squint so hard that the aspect ratio changes?

Author
Time

I really like the look of Lando’s Falcon. Very McQuarrie-esque.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher

Author
Time

ray_afraid said:

regularjoe said:

…and the s***storm of people complaining about that is going to be ten times worse than the fan division created by TLJ.

Nah. There’s no episode number which makes it easier to divorce if ya don’t like it.

Hahahaha people not complaining when they don’t like any Star Wars movie. You’re funny.

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace / Episode II: Attack Of The Ridiculousness / Episode III: Revenge of the Ridiculousness