Sign In

1997 Star Wars Special Edition 35mm Project (a WIP) — Page 22

Author
Time

Just wanted to thank everyone that expressed interest in the alternate scan and work that will be done on this at the other forum mentioned prior. We appreciate everyone’s support, and hopefully we will be able to turn around a useful project in the meantime while we await further developments here from Poita.

There might be a need for some more assistance, for a few final things, but other than that, it looks like its a go
on our end.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi,
what is the current status about this project?
And can i ask, how much $ is missing?

Author
Time

Which project? It gets a bit confusing when other projects start posting in this project :^)

Donations welcome: paypal.me/poit
bitcoin:13QDjXjt7w7BFiQc4Q7wpRGPtYKYchnm8x
Help get The Original Trilogy preserved!

Author
Time

I’m sorry poita, my english not good.
But i’m interesting in your project by restoring the 1997 Special Edition Trilogy from 35mm Reels.
I wanted to know to how much is it finished?
And how much donation do you still need for it.
Thanks.

Author
Time

We still need another two 8TB Hard drives, the scan itself is finished, we just need hard drives to transfer the files onto so I can start work on the restoration.

Donations welcome: paypal.me/poit
bitcoin:13QDjXjt7w7BFiQc4Q7wpRGPtYKYchnm8x
Help get The Original Trilogy preserved!

Author
Time

poita said:

We still need another two 8TB Hard drives, the scan itself is finished, we just need hard drives to transfer the files onto so I can start work on the restoration.

I donated another 250 USD just now, so we should be nearly there… 😃

Author
Time

DrDre said:

poita said:

If we’re going off Amazon prices, we should only need another 250 and poita should be set. I could probably throw a couple bucks in if you guys want.

Author
Time

KillThad said:

DrDre said:

poita said:

If we’re going off Amazon prices, we should only need another 250 and poita should be set. I could probably throw a couple bucks in if you guys want.

I added another 250 USD, so we should have the hard drives covered, such that poita can do his magic. 😉

Author
Time

DrDre said:

KillThad said:

DrDre said:

poita said:

I added another 250 USD, so we should have the hard drives covered, such that poita can do his magic. 😉

Man, you really are the true MVP on this forum, you know that?

Author
Time

DrDre said:

KillThad said:

DrDre said:

poita said:

Yes, this is true love to the project.
I have donated 50$, hope that helps too.

Author
Time

poita said:

Hello poita,

I sent you a private message.

Regards.

Author
Time

This also interest me, but i read that he is working on other projects too.
This is alot of work and time, that he spend.
We should also respect his private life.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

doubleofive said:

It’s over on the 4K77 forums.

Is it poita’s project that has been released - or the separate TN1 project that deathstar1138 started posting about in here?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy

Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time
 (Edited)

No worries mate - I was a little confused (it doesn’t take much these days 😉)

If anyone would like to start a thread for ‘4K97’ (is that the name for it?) on here - featuring project info & specs etc, and maybe a link to the project or discussion thread over at at TSWT website / forums - please feel free to do so. 👍

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy

Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info