Sign In

Song Of The South — Page 45

Author
Time

Update: I’m back working on the restoration after an extended break, I have been a bit busy with school and another project I’m working on, But by the time school is done I’ll have much more free time to work on it.

Keep you posted

-Yoshi

Author
Time

Hello! First of all, I want to thank everyone involved for the great work in preserving this big chunck of animated cinema history. Second, I’d like to point out that both Portuguese Tracks on the V2 are really in Brazillian Portuguese - I’d guess one of them comes from TV while the other comes from VHS. There is no European Portuguese dubbing for this movie, and iirc The Lion King was the first movie dubbed in European Portuguese by Disney.

Author
Time

YoshiKiller2S said:

Update: I’m back working on the restoration after an extended break, I have been a bit busy with school and another project I’m working on, But by the time school is done I’ll have much more free time to work on it.

Keep you posted

-Yoshi

WOOHOO!!! =D

Author
Time

HELP WANTED

FOR DIRT & Dust CLEAN UP

Listen we know you guys really want V3 and we want to deliver on that BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP! Anyone that has any knowledge with dirt and dust clean up PLEASE DM me and I will send you a scene you to help clean up.

YOU WILL BE CREDITED

Thank you for reading

-Yoshi

Author
Time

Until and while we wait for the latest version, is there a release that most people are happy with here? If so, could someone please pm me on how/where to get it? Thanks so much. What a wonderful project to work on a full restoration of this movie.

Author
Time

kwork said:

Until and while we wait for the latest version, is there a release that most people are happy with here? If so, could someone please pm me on how/where to get it? Thanks so much. What a wonderful project to work on a full restoration of this movie.

Well, actually Notelu released a slightly updated version of the restoration on archive.org.

It apparently featured raw uncompressed audio for the English and Japanese audio tracks ripped from the Japanese Laserdisc and corrected some errors such as the audio syncing and the labelling of the two Portuguese audio tracks and oh yeah made it Blu-ray compatible.

Author
Time

YoshiKiller2S: Thank you. An interesting place to post unless the powers that be don’t care at this point due to commercial unavailability. Thanks for the pointer.

Author
Time

kwork said:

YoshiKiller2S: Thank you. An interesting place to post unless the powers that be don’t care at this point due to commercial unavailability. Thanks for the pointer.

“the powers that be” sorry but can you explain what that means?

Author
Time

YoshiKiller2S said:

kwork said:

YoshiKiller2S: Thank you. An interesting place to post unless the powers that be don’t care at this point due to commercial unavailability. Thanks for the pointer.

“the powers that be” sorry but can you explain what that means?

Disney.