This post is just for ideas.
As title says, I’d like to try an edit based on Tarantino’s movie “Kill Bill”.
First of all, I want to ask you if you happen to have some musicless audio files from any OT movie scene. To add, for example, Morricone’s background soundtrack it would be better not to have the original track.
So… does anyone have some audio tracks with effects and voices but no music? I don’t even know if it’s possible to have somee of them, that’s why I ask.
just like Kill Bill it would be divided into two Volumes.
- Opening titles.
- I am your father revelation scene in black and white. Similar to Pulp Empire, but with no music and different cuts.
- Titles like in Kill Bill.
Fight on Tatooine: the Sarlacc’s battle. Just to show a fight, just like Kill Bill’s first scene. We see Jabba (presented with Pulp Ficion-like text), and the scene looks like a common adventure for the group.
The shocked young boy: we return to the revelation in Empire, and moving on until the end of the movie.
The Origin of Darth Vader: considering that in previous chapter we saw Vader, and we already know he is Anakin, here we see his past. I think I’ll use parts from the prequels and the tv shows Clone Wars and Rebels. Just like in the original O-Ren scene, which was all animated.
The man from Tatooine: introduce Obi Wan.
Showdown in the Death Star: show Leia’s liberation and Ben/Vader duel. I’d like to keep ONE single Death Star in the edit, but I don’t know if it is plausible with some montage edit.
END OF VOLUME 1: I’d like to place here the Vader/Palpatine dialogue in Empire, and to end it like Bill’e revelation that Beatrix’ daughter is still alive.
Disaster at Cloud City: show all Cloud City scenes until the duel.
The lonely carbonite of Han Solo: beginning of Return of the Jedi. Maybe until Luke is thrown in the Rancor’s cell.
The wise tutelage of Master Yoda: just like in Pulp Empire, I want to use Pai Mei’s voice for Yoda, and then show how Luke beats the Rancor.
Leia and I: Yoda Dies, Luke talks to Ben, rebel briefing, Luke and Leia speaking on Endor.
Last chapter: Face to Face: final fight and space battle.
I’m in a really early stage, and maybe I’ll realize I don’t have the ability to make this.
But I’d like to get a response or some suggestions.
Of course I think about adding Tarantino’s musics here and there (the music from bride/O-Ren duel for Ben vs Vader, Morricones “L’Arena” music during the training with Yoda, the other Morricone’s music when Bill dies to use for Palpatine’s death, etc.).
- CHOSEN ONE - A Star Wars Story: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/THE-CHOSEN-ONE-A-STAR-WARS-STORY-RELEASED/id/60721
- SHADOW OF THE PAST (EpI): https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/SHADOW-OF-THE-PAST-A-Phantom-Menace-edit/id/65473
- KEEPERS OF THE PEACE (EpII): https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/KEEPERS-OF-THE-PEACE-Attack-of-the-Clones-edit/id/66617/page/1#1274835
- THE SON OF SKYWALKER (EpIV): https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-Episode-IV-The-Son-of-Skywalker/id/69085
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWtMZobefiq04JNuS2jFLQ?view_as=subscriber