Sign In

Celebration 2019 - Chicago; 11th to 15th April — Page 3

Author
Time

Well then, if you’re including SW material that used to be on Netflix, you’re missing Solo from your list. I watched in on Netflix not long after it was added (though I can’t confirm if it’s still there or not).

Can’t remember if TFA ever was, though.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

I don’t think TFA was ever on there.

Anyway, I don’t know how these deals work. But I’d trust reporting over speculation.

Author
Time

Is there thread on Disney + streaming future channel on here?
Will channel be available in other countries?

R4

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Some info on the large mural / banner by Jason Palmer that will be on display at Celebration…

https://www.starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-readies-massive-mural-for-star-wars-celebration-chicago-exclusive?

full size image link - https://i.imgur.com/6X1dBRd.jpg
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

oojason said:

Some info on the large mural / banner by Jason Palmer that will be on display at Celebration…

https://www.starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-readies-massive-mural-for-star-wars-celebration-chicago-exclusive?

full size image link - https://i.imgur.com/6X1dBRd.jpg
 

That is a gorgeous piece of artwork. I even love how they included Clone Wars and Rebels in a realistic style. Even though you can’t get the best view, I wonder which actors’ likenesses the artist based the characters in the shows who never appeared in the movies off of.

Noah Lawson

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DominicCobb said:

I don’t think TFA was ever on there.

Anyway, I don’t know how these deals work. But I’d trust reporting over speculation.

Well I still don’t know the specifics of the situation, but if this tweet from someone called Robert Iger is true, ANH will be on Disney+ (and one would think the others too):


https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertIger

JEDIT: According to Disney, all the films will be on there.
https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1116478432001441792?s=20

Author
Time

Disney+ “Original”

Nice originality there Disney LOL

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Anyone want to over-analyze their choice of thumbnail art for SW77 with me?

I thought the same thing! LOL

They even used the old logo. But at the same time, the “A New Hope” title is there too.

Author
Time

Well, Lucasfilm has been calling it that since 1981…

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

nl0428 said:

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

That’ll be on every package and icon for posterity, unfortunately.

What do you mean by that?

A New Hope subtitle

Oh. Yeah, I will admit, it doesn’t make that much sense to have that subtitle if you’re going to use the old 1977 logo, but the film is no longer called “Star Wars” anymore. It might’ve been better if a different Star Wars logo were used if you wanted the thumbnail to say, “Star Wars: A New Hope.”

Noah Lawson

Author
Time

That wordmark was also used on trilogy packaging in the past too, so there is precedent for it being used subtitled.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

Even if the official title is A New Hope, most people still know it as simply Star Wars.

Also, woo, I pretty much nailed the “official” trapezoid logo with ANH subtitle for my custom covers long before it became “official!” 😛

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Even if the official title is A New Hope, most people still know it as simply Star Wars.

Also, woo, I pretty much nailed the “official” trapezoid logo with ANH subtitle for my custom covers long before it became “official!” 😛

Actually, most my friends call it “4.”

Maybe I should find new friends.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

Star Wars: Episode IX Panel | Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnhiLZOprZE (from the official Star Wars youtube channel)
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

“The greatest evil… Kathy?”

Heh heh. Nice one, JJ! 😄

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Great to see Kelly Marie Tran get a such a great reception on stage from the fans there.
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

oojason said:

Great to see Kelly Marie Tran get a such a great reception on stage from the fans there.
 

I agree!

Noah Lawson

Author
Time
 (Edited)

KMT getting emotional after the standing ovation + chanting got me a bit teary-eyed.
Nice to see / hear people coming together.