Sign In

70 mm print of the Empire Strikes Back Differences — Page 4

Author
Time

TServo2049 said:

Why do people always say that's Harrison's voice? It really doesn't sound like him to me.

I always thought it was him who channeled the kind of voiceover work that they usually had in the old adventure serials. Haven't this been officially confirmed to be Harrison?

TServo2049 said:

I still can't figure out why/how the Reel 1 used for the film cells was the revised version, but the Reel 6 was the original. (For those who don't know, I sighted a 70mm cell on eBay where Luke was about to fall off the weathervane, and it was the version seen in the Super 8 with Luke in the center and no radar dish.)

Maybe the reels had been mixed up over the years.

We want you to be aware that we have no plans—now or in the future—to restore the earlier versions. 

Sincerely, Lynne Hale publicity@lucasfilm.com

Author
Time

msycamore said:

The original ending of Empire as seen on the 70mm prints: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4e8899

That's pretty cool. I like it better. (Even though the change is harmless enough, it's interesting the things GL fixates on. I mean listen that audience, it's not like the scenes didn't play just fine as is)

The official site confirmed it was Ford in that trailer, I believe. (he's sort of doing his nerd voice from Blade Runner) .

Author
Time

Moth3r said:

Is there a sound mix where the line "the first transport is away!" is missing, or did I imagine it?

In today's cutting edge of Fan Editing, you can have it either way :).

Author
Time

Baronlando said:

That's pretty cool. I like it better. (Even though the change is harmless enough, it's interesting the things GL fixates on. I mean listen that audience, it's not like the scenes didn't play just fine as is)

Yeah, I agree, it plays much better to me, the establishing shot of the fleet which ends on the Falcon became kind of odd in the revised cut with the two additional shots added, at least those two were unnecessary in my opinion, they break the pace.

We want you to be aware that we have no plans—now or in the future—to restore the earlier versions. 

Sincerely, Lynne Hale publicity@lucasfilm.com