I LOVE LOVE LOVE the opening for Deathly Hallows. OMG 😄
BATTLE OF ALDERAAN (short) CLIP AND COMPARISON.
- Color Correction. More intense in space, less on the planet. With the sharpening and grain effects, plus the slight CC, I hope it looks more grounded without being too flat.
- Short music track from Rogue One.
- Reduced Jar Jar
I tell you, I’m in LOVE with this edit…
Thank you both. 😉
SENATE VIDEO COMPARISON.
- Color Correction. Not all black and white, as red colors are kept intact. Maybe it’s too much. Myabe I’ll reduce it a little bit, but I want to keep the tone consistent in all the three movies.
- Added music track.
- Different cut.
- Increased pitch in Padme’s voice.
- Extremely decreased pitch of the Federation guys, and added subtitles.
ALDERAAN WOODS COMPARISON.
Just a single screenshot comparison.
I increased green saturation in all of Alderaan scenes while giving a more grounded feel.
Yes. Sorry, I forgot that 😉
FULL EDIT TRAILER.
Here it is!
Trailer coming soon.
And changelist updated again, lol
I kind of finished the edit, but I simply don’t have any scene to add to make the movie longer. Runtime is around 1hr and 5min.
I’m not ok with it, so I think I’ll return to the original plan. The movie will start on Alderaan. All changes are kept, except the Tatooine scene being at the opening.
About the movie being too short, if you have suggestions I’m happy to listen 😉
Or maybe this doesn’t hurt anyone, and that’s ok.
Updated Changelist. Check it out! 😉
Thank you 😉
DOOKU VIDEO TEST.
This is the best I could do to insert Dooku in the movie.
His presence is already set in the opening crawl.
Here we have some flipped scenes and audio taken from AOTC.
Of course there is the problem of Anakin being in the scene and suddenly disappearing, but I think it can be fixed by placing that somewhere else.
Please, tell me what you think about it.
Here’s the opening of the edit.
- New crawl.
- The movie opens in space.
- I think the sudden cut to Tatooine suns flows pretty well.
- Qui Gon and Obi Wan don’t talk about the parts they have to buy.
- Original Trilogy Tatooine track added.
- They go directly to Watto’s shop.
- Color correction, sharpen and grain effects.
Please, tell me what you think of it.
Now I’m working on placing scenes in a different order.
I think Tatooine at first works pretty well. Then they go to Coruscant and at the end to Alderaan.
My problem is that by doing this AND cutting bad parts, runtime is around 1hr and 5 min.
I had to cut the podrace out, all mentions of the Chosen one, the midichlorians, the entire first part of the original movie aboard the Federation ship, etc.
Maybe I could re-insert the podrace by making Watto say that he’s already set a bet for Anakin to win the race. So before becoming Qui Gon’s “property” he’ll have to make this final race.
I tried adding a scene where Dooku radio-contacts Qui Gon aboard the ship. Some of his lines in EpII can be used to make him say “My young apprentice, the Viceroy is under the influence of a Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Sidious”… But I’m unable to make it look believable. I tried with some display in the ship with some static effect, but it looked fake as hell. So maybe I will add the Dooku-Palpy encounter scene from EpII…
I suggest we use the Special Edition version.
It’s-a me, Vaderio!
Thank you. I’m waiting for those too.
I’ll go with darthrush edit now 😉
Excuse me guys, what do you think is the best ROTJ edit available?
Ok, I’m thinking about changing things.
I want to start the movie with the Tatooine scene.
"The JEDI ORDER is in turmoil.
Grand Master Yoda senses a disturbance in the Force, fearing the return of an ancient enemy.
Endlessly debating about the dangerous activities of the TRADE FEDERATION, the Senate is powerless when Viceroy Nute Gunray stops all shipping on the peaceful planet of ALDERAAN, threatening a full scale invasion.
On his way to smuggle the Queen of Alderaan to Coruscant, hoping for assistance, Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn is contacted by his former master Dooku and sent to the desolate planet of Tatooine to retreive a Force sensitive young boy".
So… by setting everything in the crawl I can start things on Tatooine and I don’t have to hide Padme.
Then go to Coruscant.
Then go to Naboo-Alderaan and place ALL of the battle scenes here, so that it feels like the important third act of the movie.
Tell me what you think. Is the crawl ok?
PADME & PALPATINE dialogue.
- Color correction.
- Sharpen and grain.
- Reduced Jar Jar, but it must be kept to make him tell Padme the Gungans have an army.
- Padme interrupts Palpatine twice. At first when Palpy says the awful line about him eradicating corruption.
- Removed mentions of Alderaan and Naboo, because in the edit Naboo IS Alderaan.
Color correction: CORUSCANT, JEDI TEMPLE, SENATE.
Link 1: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129321
Link 2: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129323
Link 3: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129324
Link 4: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129325
Link 5: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129326
Link 6: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129327
Tatooine video comparison.
So, the changes are:
- Color Correction to make it look less yellow-ish.
- Sharpening effect (you can notice it on Qui Gon robes).
- Slight gran (you can notice it on the sky).
- New music track.
- No stupid Jar Jar stepping in poop.
As soon as it’s finished, lol 😄