Just watched the first episode and here’s my random thoughts. Let’s get the bad out first to end on a positive note.
- cinematography - didn’t look that great and shaky cam was completely unnecessary and unstarwarsy
- music was very bland and uninteresting
- going back to the sound archive, all the same landspeeder/gonk/Garindan/door droid sounds, they couldn’t make any new lines/effects for them?
- at the same time, Matt Wood’s new blaster sounds continue, the main point in the originals was to make them from real sounds while these sound like something from the synthesizer. Ben Burtt, I miss you
- the bounty said twice “oh my God”, someone screwed up big time to let this pass through
- foundlings? did we really need more -lings…
- Yodaling? not sure how I feel about that, it was a surprise for sure but let’s see how it continues… if it’s Yoda’s baby from time before TPM then I’m out! LOL
- feels like Star Wars universe if you compare this to older games
- had fun moments/jokes, including inside jokes like Life Day
- I liked pretty much all the characters which is saying a lot about new SW characters these days
- overall, the minuses are merely nitpicks and if this doesn’t get any Filoni’s wolf fantasy or something I see myself enjoying this very much!