It’s the same Sequel Trilogy you know, love or hate, and argued over for 5 years, only slightly different!
I would like to start this off by saying that this is the first time I’ve ever edited anything, so bear with me as this is definitely going to be a trial and error process. Despite this, I am determined to see this edit completed in a high quality manner. Now with that out of the way, let me begin discussing what this edit actually is. The Enhanced Edition of the Sequel Trilogy is a fanfix edit of the Trilogy that aims to establish greater continuity throughout all three films, and properly set up the big Palpatine reveals in Episode 9. Think of this as a Sequel Trilogy Special Edition, only done in a tasteful manner that doesn’t distract from the theatrical films, adding in only light and minor hints for what is to come. The goal for this edit is to create a version of the trilogy that feels like the theatricals and sticks with the Canon, while also avoiding the disjointed-ness of the theatricals. This is done out of love for all three films, as I want to be able to appreciate both Abrams and Johnson’s visions without feeling like certain plotpoints came out of nowhere. Before I begin listing the changes I plan on making, I want to thank both Hal9000 and Poppasketti, who not only created a vast majority of changes on this list and allowed them to be used by the rest of us, but also inspired me to make my own fan edits, so if you guys see this, big thanks to you! And now, onto the changes:
EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS
- Reinstated Tasu Leech, Bazine Netal, and GA-97’s burnt-in subtitle lines. (D+ has them all scrubbed.)
- Hal9000’s version of the Forceback has been used, which includes two lines from Palpatine and shows Rey being separated from Finn.
- Hal9000’s version of the final Ahch-To scene has been used, which color corrects the scene to look more like it does at the start of TLJ, replaces native bird sounds with Porg sounds, and stabilizes the final helicopter shot.
EPISODE VIII: THE LAST JEDI
- Finn hears Rey call for him when he wakes up. (Poppasketti)
- Rey hears Sith whispers when the dark side cave/hole calls to her. (Poppasketti)
- Sith whispers can be heard and Palpatine’s hood can be seen before Rey’s face appears in her dark side cave vision. (Poppasketti)
- Palpatine can be heard laughing in the third flashback of Ben’s fall. (Hal9000)
- Snoke’s eyes flash yellow when he dies and blue smoke rises from him. (Poppasketti)
- The continuity error of one of the Praetorian Guards losing a knife has been removed. (Poppasketti)
- Kylo Ren telling Rey that her parents are dead in a grave on Jakku has been cut, he still tells them that they’re dead, just not on Jakku.
EPISODE IX: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
- A new establishing shot of the TIE Fighters flying over the forest has been added in before Kylo’s Mustafar Minute. (Poppasketti/Hal9000)
- A shot of the Bestoon Legacy taking off from Pasaana has been added. (Poppasketti/Hal9000)
- A porg sound continues to trail off after their shot. (Hal9000)
- Nein Nunb’s subtitle has been removed. (Inspiried by Hal9000, D+ did the work for me.)
- Leia now says “always” like in the trailer. (Hal9000/Trailer)
- A double rainbow now appears over the Lars Homestead. (Poppasketti/Hal9000)
- The film’s final musical cue is now the traditional Force Theme cue and not Jedi Temple Steps’ que. (Hal9000/Bbghost)
Currently these are all the changes I plan on making, and this list is obviously not finalized, so feel free to leave advise or suggestions if you have any. I will update this page when the edits are finally finished, as I feel the changes are too small to crate individual threads for them. As of right now I don’t have any estimate for when this’ll be released, but as I get deeper into working on this and more efficient at editing, I’ll have a good estimate for when it will be out. Until then, thank you for reading, and may the force be with you all!