If anyone still has it, could they send me a MEGA link via PM? Thanks! (BTW I’m most interested in the Sensurround track.)
I have it on VHS from MGM/CBS Home Video.
I might have been half-joking when I suggested a “no thanks whatsoever to Donald John Trump and Michael Eisner” credit, but I was joking nonetheless. If nothing else, we should at least be grateful this project hasn’t been cancelled altogether on account of the pandemic.
I knew that! I was simply playing along.
yes because every time i go to a theater it shows the movie in 60fps.
Is that so? Then the only movie you’ve been to recently was Gemini Man in 3D.
Add a “No thanks whatsoever to Donald John Trump and Michael Eisner” credit to the end credits sequence?
v1.0.3 is now officially released, and the links have been sent to those who requested them.
I have the v1.0.3 master ready; unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, it could be a bit longer before I can send the links.
I’m still a ways away from the Latin Spanish version, but when I get to that one, I’ll send you the link.
I should have half the shot finished tonight and expect to work on the other half tomorrow.
Be patient. v1.0.3 is currently scheduled to be released this week, after I fix the Janie animation glitch in the 2D version via EBsynth (the 3D version was not affected by this problem).
Looks like there’s going to be a v1.0.3 before I get around to v1.1. In this version, I’m going to restore the original version of the Janie shot, with the original colors of her dress. Those who’ve subscribed to this project, v1.0.3 should be ready sometime this weekend, barring any unexpected delays.
Could you send me the Chris Langham episode, too? Thanks!
Do you still have this? Thanks!
Has anyone been able to make a scan with the original 003 footage since this thread was last updated?
Not unless you get incredibly lucky like I did last year with The Magic School Bus. Plus, based on experience, you can expect to pay a pretty penny if you go down that road.
If this is still up, I’d like a link. Thanks!
I’m 21 minutes into the edit (nearly a quarter of the way through), and already I came across a brace of trouble spots: during the radiation incident, and just after the accusation scene nearly 20 minutes in. Both appear to be sourced from use of the laser videodisc release in the Italian print during moments that were altered for the second Director’s Cut in 2004. The first of these I was able to patch up quick and dirty with EbSynth and GIMP, but it still doesn’t look great. At this point, I’m starting to wonder if maybe I should put this project on hold until another full-color 35mm print of the studio cut or the first Director’s Cut surfaces.
I’d like a link, too. Thanks!
Oh, harder than a Divx disc, eh?
If someone could obtain the original closing credits along with John Milner’s original death date and get them scanned, I’m hoping to integrate them with the Blu-ray footage as part of my 1973 theatrical cut restoration, which I plan to start work, and a thread, on after I finish the 1971 theatrical cut of THX-1138.
I wonder if it’s any better than the theatrical version…
I’m upscaling using Avisynth and nnedi3_rpow2 with slight sharpening intervals to enhance the quality. Hopefully, I can beat George Lucas to the punch in releasing a 4K version of this, so that fans can enjoy it in 4K before the 2004 DC gets the 4K treatment.
Here’s a current list of my projects. The ones in bold are currently being worked on actively, or else are in active preparation to be made. The ones without links are pending and may have work started on them after I’ve completed or made sufficient progress on one of my projects.
- Logo Preservation - unfinished project
- KTP’s Best of the Worst (multiple projects linked within - 0 releases)
- KTP’s The Marvelous Movies of Oz (multiple projects linked within - 0 releases)
- KTP’s Carry On PBS (multiple projects linked within - 0 releases)
- KTP’s Enhanced Speed (multiple projects linked within - 0 releases)
- KTP’s Classic Performances (multiple projects linked within - 0 releases)
- KTP’s Gold Standard Collection (multiple projects linked within - 0 releases)
- Gold Standard Collection #1: A Fistful of Dollars - unfinished project
- Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Film Festival (multiple projects linked within - unfinished project)
- Film Odyssey (1972) (multiple projects linked within - 1 release - on hold for the time being)
- PBS 50 (multiple projects linked within - 1 release - on hold for the time being)
- Civilisation (1970) - Original PBS Broadcast Reconstruction - unfinished project
- David Macaulay Classics: Fully Restored - unfinished project
- Toy Story (1995) 1.5K restoration in 3D - a WIP, v1.0.2 currently available
- Koopa Troopa Productions presents the compleat Sailor Moon - unfinished project
- Battle Angel Alita (1080p and 4K UHD) - unfinished project
- The Magic School Bus in 4K (1994-1997) - unfinished project
- Star Wars: Ultimate Edition - unfinished project - on hold for the time being
- Casting calls for fandubs
- New video format proposal - unfinished project
- Gold Standard Collection #2: Akira: The Complete Experience (WIP) - WIP (November 2020)
- Gold Standard Collection #3: THX-1138 (theatrical cut and first Director’s Cut) (a WIP) - WIP (January 2021)
- American Graffiti (1973 and 1978 versions) - will create a thread for it after I finish the 1971 theatrical cut of THX-1138
- A Bug’s Life (1998) 2K restoration - will create a thread for it sometime in 2022
- Zillion - will create a thread for it after I finish work on Akira
Thanks. I’d finished with v1.0.2 of my Toy Story project last month and took a bit of a break from it, satisfied thus far with my progress; I plan to get back to it and work on v1.1 sometime this winter or spring, both to clean up visual imperfections and to start adding foreign language versions.
For Akira, I’m currently waiting on some very important materials before getting started with that one; however, I do have most of what I need for the project.
As for this project, I’m laying the foundations for this one as we speak and should have at least some of the 1971 theatrical cut assembled in Blender over the weekend.