I just got back from my second viewing, and I noticed something interesting, I don’t think anyone else has pointed it out yet. When Jyn first sees Chirrut (Donnie Yen) outside the temple, he can be heard saying “May the force of others be with you”. I’m pretty sure this is a reference to the first draft of Star Wars, where the saying “May the Force be with you” was originally “May the Force of others be with you”. This also goes along with the fact that they are the “Guardians of the Whills” which is also a reference to the title of the first draft of Star Wars.
Play the suspenseful music from Jaws when Darth Vader is about to walk into that small room with the rebels. Then have it abruptly end when the guy closes the door and traps all of them inside with him.
- Add an opening crawl, but also release a version of the edit without it. It seems like people are disagreeing on if the crawl should be included or not, so you may as well let both groups be happy.
- Re-edit the title card that says ROGUE ONE. To me it seems a bit out of place, and it drags on for a few seconds too long. Also the font that it’s written in also seems a bit out of place. I think that it would look better in the font that’s used for the promotional material for the OT. And keep in mind this is all just my opinion.
- Do something to change the pacing of the first act. Everything seems to go by too quickly and it’s a bit awkward. I would think that it could be possible to edit this section of the film to help it flow better.
- Re-edit some of Tarkin’s scenes. I will admit the CGI on him is great, but he still looks a bit off, especially in a scene where he is with real actors. It would be nice to see his scenes re-edited, at least so that he isn’t seen with an actor directly next to him. Also would also look better if there weren’t as many close-ups of his face. Cut to other actor’s faces instead to fix this problem. To me it seems like he looks better towards the end of the film, so it might just be his first few scenes that could use some touching up. Or maybe it’s just me… I don’t know.
- Remove R2 and C-3PO’s cameo in the Rebel hangar. I looks like it was put in kinda at the last minute, and it doesn’t really match with the rest of the scene. I think it would be better if they were instead seen on Princess Leia’s ship in the background or something. Their cameo is a bit awkward, given the situation, it would look better if they were just in the background, and shown in a more appropriate environment. I don’t know how well this could be done given the fact that this is a fan edit, but maybe some footage from ANH could be used.
That’s really all I can think of, which actually shows how much I liked this movie. These are the only things that I thought could have been done better. Also keep in mind that this is all my opinion, some of this stuff could be done differently depending on who ends up doing the edit.
So, first off I would like to say this is not my idea. My friend came up with it and he gave me permission to post it here. Here’s the idea:
The main premise of the show is to explore the life of a minor character from one of the movies. Each episode centers around a different character, and the runtime is around 45 minutes per episode. The show would be great for learning more information about minor/background characters from the movies, and we would get a chance to see many new locations and creatures. The episodes would be shot in live action, and CG would be used sparingly, so it would somewhat reflect the original Star Wars from the 70’s. The idea is based off of Kevin J. Anderson’s “Tales From The” series where short stories about minor characters are explored. What do you guys think?
I agree, Princess Leia looked REALLY good on camera. I think they must have used some old footage of her in the 70’s, but they did a great job restoring it. Tarkin on the other hand, looked kind of off. I think they could have done a better job if they didn’t use as many closeups.
Well gang, this marks the day that I depart from the internet. See you guys again after the release!
Also don’t forget, they fixed that weird problem with Vader’s helmet!
Am I the only one who really likes the Darksaber design?
!!!NEW INTERNATIONAL TRAILER HAS DROPPED!!!
There’s a lot of new footage and another glimpse of Vader. This has really got me exited for the release, only a little over a month!
Edit: Oh crap, I appear to be a bit late…
I have a feeling that Jyn’s father intentionally put the exhaust port on the Death Star. After all, he seemed reluctant to make the plans in the first place, and he has a direct link to the rebels.
This video sums it up way better than I ever could.
Is it just me or does that second guy look exactly like Poe Dameron?
Wow, these images look incredible! It’s amazing how much of a difference just the colour correction on it’s own makes…
I can’t wait to see more shots!
Am I the only one who thinks this looks stupid? The Imperial Ground Crew helmet it supposed to have a visor on it (as seen on both the action figure packaging and the lego minifigure). Why doesn’t her helmet have one? Won’t people be able to recognize her? Unless she flips a visor down or something immediately after the end of this shot, this makes absolutely no sense…
We just got another pic of Vader in Rouge One!
Does anyone else think that K-2SO might turn on the rebels at some point during the movie? He’s a reprogrammed Imperial droid that could be easily capable of killing them, and I would think that he could somehow be reverted to factory default. What if the Imperials reset him, causing him to attack the rebels? This seems like a very good plot device to me.
If Lego makes a Rouge One set with a Vader minifig, I hope they are able to give him red eyes…
Except for that last one it just looks like his side cape dealie is pulled around to the front.
Why can’t R2-D2 make some new beeps? He just says the same shit over and over…
I think he has simpler vocal programming compared to other droids like Threepio or K2-SO. I would think that R2 has a set list of responses, and if he has to say something that isn’t in the list, he pieces a new sentence together using sections of his other responses.
Wow… I am loving that cover!
Best of all, you can reuse it in 2018. 😃
Holy crap, well that made my day!
I just picked up a Star Wars calendar from 1979, and there are actually some pretty good pictures in it!
I really like this alternate angle for the Han + Greedo scene.
My favorite picture 😃
If only there were some high quality versions of these images on the internet…
So LITERAL easter eggs exist in Star Wars…
I kinda don’t like Kennric’s shuttle. It just looks kinda akward and not very aerodynamic… Also, it looks way too much like Kylo’s shuttle. I would think that Kennric should have gotten a Lambda class shuttle, or something similar to one.
So I discovered (or rather re-discovered) this little oddity when I was rummaging through some old boxes full of old stuff that I had as a kid.
I think that the kit-mashing of recognizable Star Wars and Star Treck ships was intentional. I mean, the album has music from both franchises…
I find this thing fascinating. I’m pretty sure it’s not officially licensed by whoever owns all this music (There’s no Lucasfilm or 20th Century Fox logo on it, etc.).
It’s so bizarrely random. It’s called “Star Wars”, but has the wrong font, the choice of music is completely random, and I can’t wrap my head around that cover art.
I mean it’s clearly a ROTJ speeder-bike with a bunch of randomly kit-bashed parts added to it. And the main body in the back looks like the Voyager (Star Trek) only up-side-down. But why though?
Seriously, what is this supposed to be? It’s in space, yet it has handlebars.
Has anyone else seen this?
(Judging by the inclusion of TPM music, but nothing from ATOC, as well as including some music from a film called “Ice Planet” made in 2001, not to mention that I had this as a kid in the very early 2000’s, I’d say this must have been made in either 2001 or 2002.)
EDIT: Here’s the music list on the back; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20535561/SW weird music collection (music list).jpg
That’s some pretty ugly kitbashing on the cover. Possibly the worst I’ve ever seen. Slam the secondary hull of Voyager and a Kazon ship onto a Speeder Bike, and call it a day! 😉
Here’s some more info:
Also, if anyone wants to get one of these, they’re actually pretty cheap!