I really hope the lack of marketing isn’t intentional on Disney’s part, but there’s something in the back of my mind telling me that it’s a possibility. Maybe they’re concerned about it being a flop, so they’re opting not to draw attention to it. I really hope I’m wrong… it looks pretty promising from what I’ve managed to see. Another thing to think about is that it may end up being a departure from the other recently produced Star Wars stuff in terms of maturity, which might be reason for them to shy away from putting it out there so to say. Only time will tell…
Any idea where a new user could find 4K77 v1.4? Also 4K83 v1.1 while I’m at it. Trying to find a torrent site for these. Myspleen has them I’ve heard, but that is closed to new people.
I managed to find it on binsearch.info , just search 4k77 or 4k83 and you’ll find a handful of different versions. Once you download the one you want you’ll have an .nzb file of the movie, which you’d drop into your usenet downloader (BinBar, SABnzbd, etc). Then it’ll process the .nzb and give you a playable video file.
Wow, only $787? What a steal!
I’ll definitely be watching!
I’m already nostalgic about posting this thread earlier today…
Hey guys, here’s a thread so that we can discuss anything that gives us feelings of nostalgia.
Let’s go down memory lane!
I love the look on Mark’s face in this one!
My username’s origin is from a few years back when I was watching some obscure Youtube video where some russian guy called a ghost a “booman”. I think it was because he didn’t know the word for ghost in english so he called it a booman instead. The phrase stuck with me and I ended up using it for my Youtube name. I used it for my OT account too 😃
One of the better pictures of me wearing my Daft Punk costume. It was taken at a dry lake in Nevada, I thought it would be a neat location for a photoshoot. Uncropped version:
I think I’m going to replace it with a lasers version soon, stay tuned…
Don’t have one yet, I’m still in the process of coming up with one…
Episode 5 should have ended with a live action version of this:
I recently found a 1959 Grundig Majestic Stereo Console on someone’s curb, they were giving it away for no cost. A few hours ago I worked on it some more and I got the thing working, and surprisingly it sounds GREAT! It plays vinyl records and it has a working radio. My guess is that it’s worth at least $800, and I have it for free. I am so happy 😄
Well I still haven’t drank any of it yet so I could still back out, but I want to die.
Please don’t do this to yourself. Drinking may seem like a good solution now, but trust me you’re going to regret it later. It’s always possible to get yourself out of a rough spot but please don’t make it harder for yourself. Take it easy and talk with your friends you mentioned earlier, or a therapist if needed. Stay strong and don’t mess life up for yourself, Possessed.
A HI-RES LOOK AT THE USER INTERFACES OF ‘ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY’
Some of these are really awesome.
(I’m glad they’ve stuck with the retro designs and not tried to modernize it like other franchises has tried to do.)
See this stuff looks good. I will always give credit where credit is due.
The problem is that I don’t remember any of this in the movie. Maybe it was in there, maybe it wasn’t. Either way, the camera and editing never slowed down long enough to pay attention to these kinds of things.
I’m kinda glad that they didn’t emphasize all of the small details like this in the movie. It makes it seem more realistic, at least in my opinion. These sort of things should be stuff that you notice in the background, not something that’s thrown in your face. If you think about it, they pretty much did the same thing in the OT.
Great close-ups of ship models: http://slightlywarped.com/detailed-close-ups-of-star-wars-spaceships/
I love how the Imperial Shuttle actually has neon lights on the back of it.
Also, I wonder if the text on the speeder bike actually translates to anything…
2 8 1 4 - Birth of a New Day
It’s pretty much ambient music with a retro feel. Really good to listen to while doing work, or just relaxing.
Some people on Reddit were saying that Finn Wolfhard could play young Kylo, and really agree as well.
At this point I think we’re going to get “Star Wars Episode VIII: Stranger Things” 😄
My first memory of anything Star Wars related was watching my dad play an arcade game where you have to fly a snowspeeder around and take out AT-ATs. I also recall there being a speederbike level. This was when I was around 4 or 5. I watched the 6 currently released movies on DVD around a year later, so the only Star Wars movies that I’ve seen in the actual theatre are TFA and Rogue One.
I just got back from my second viewing, and I noticed something interesting, I don’t think anyone else has pointed it out yet. When Jyn first sees Chirrut (Donnie Yen) outside the temple, he can be heard saying “May the force of others be with you”. I’m pretty sure this is a reference to the first draft of Star Wars, where the saying “May the Force be with you” was originally “May the Force of others be with you”. This also goes along with the fact that they are the “Guardians of the Whills” which is also a reference to the title of the first draft of Star Wars.
Play the suspenseful music from Jaws when Darth Vader is about to walk into that small room with the rebels. Then have it abruptly end when the guy closes the door and traps all of them inside with him.
- Add an opening crawl, but also release a version of the edit without it. It seems like people are disagreeing on if the crawl should be included or not, so you may as well let both groups be happy.
- Re-edit the title card that says ROGUE ONE. To me it seems a bit out of place, and it drags on for a few seconds too long. Also the font that it’s written in also seems a bit out of place. I think that it would look better in the font that’s used for the promotional material for the OT. And keep in mind this is all just my opinion.
- Do something to change the pacing of the first act. Everything seems to go by too quickly and it’s a bit awkward. I would think that it could be possible to edit this section of the film to help it flow better.
- Re-edit some of Tarkin’s scenes. I will admit the CGI on him is great, but he still looks a bit off, especially in a scene where he is with real actors. It would be nice to see his scenes re-edited, at least so that he isn’t seen with an actor directly next to him. Also would also look better if there weren’t as many close-ups of his face. Cut to other actor’s faces instead to fix this problem. To me it seems like he looks better towards the end of the film, so it might just be his first few scenes that could use some touching up. Or maybe it’s just me… I don’t know.
- Remove R2 and C-3PO’s cameo in the Rebel hangar. I looks like it was put in kinda at the last minute, and it doesn’t really match with the rest of the scene. I think it would be better if they were instead seen on Princess Leia’s ship in the background or something. Their cameo is a bit awkward, given the situation, it would look better if they were just in the background, and shown in a more appropriate environment. I don’t know how well this could be done given the fact that this is a fan edit, but maybe some footage from ANH could be used.
That’s really all I can think of, which actually shows how much I liked this movie. These are the only things that I thought could have been done better. Also keep in mind that this is all my opinion, some of this stuff could be done differently depending on who ends up doing the edit.
So, first off I would like to say this is not my idea. My friend came up with it and he gave me permission to post it here. Here’s the idea:
The main premise of the show is to explore the life of a minor character from one of the movies. Each episode centers around a different character, and the runtime is around 45 minutes per episode. The show would be great for learning more information about minor/background characters from the movies, and we would get a chance to see many new locations and creatures. The episodes would be shot in live action, and CG would be used sparingly, so it would somewhat reflect the original Star Wars from the 70’s. The idea is based off of Kevin J. Anderson’s “Tales From The” series where short stories about minor characters are explored. What do you guys think?
I agree, Princess Leia looked REALLY good on camera. I think they must have used some old footage of her in the 70’s, but they did a great job restoring it. Tarkin on the other hand, looked kind of off. I think they could have done a better job if they didn’t use as many closeups.
Well gang, this marks the day that I depart from the internet. See you guys again after the release!
Also don’t forget, they fixed that weird problem with Vader’s helmet!