Sign In

oojason

User Group
Moderators
Join date
5-May-2004
Last activity
24-Feb-2018
Posts
5220

Post History

Post
#1174691
Topic
Am I a Bully?
Time

darth_ender said:

oojason said:

darth_ender said:

oojason said:

I think many on here have some, if not varying degrees of all of those flaws you posted there d_e, yourself included.

If you’re going to try and use this thread to try and goad Frink - or carry on/escalate from the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread - then think on mate.

Of course we all have such flaws. But there is no doubt that Frink’s character is unique to this forum, usually in a pleasant sense, periodically to an aggravating sense.

However, I am not trying to goad or escalate anything. I was trying to follow mrebo’s advice from that thread:

Mrebo said:

TV’s Frink said:

darth_ender said:

To be honest, I genuinely feel you’re not as enjoyable or nice as you used to be. Or maybe I’m just nicer than I used to be, leading me to sit on my high horse. 😛

I think you and Warb are just suffering faulty memory, but ok.

Im getting flashbacks of the Luke Skywalker debate. I think Frink is as delightful as ever 🐣

I think we should give the dead the respect they deserve in this thread and not get bogged down in petty internecine fights (definition provided for Dom’s benefit).

I don’t see how I am goading him. I was not rude or disrespectful. I am trying to converse in a more appropriate thread about what I feel is a problem. I am handling it in a very adult-like fashion, and frankly, I don’t need a moderator to tell me how to talk with another adult unless things get out of hand. So far, I don’t believe we’re even close to that point.

What’s more, you swooped in on my comment in the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread because a lack of careful phrasing made it look like a portion of my comment was a broad generalization, even though the latter part of the comment should have clarified. You quickly corrected me and stated that I shouldn’t generalize (to which I agreed) and presumably accepted my point that liberals and atheists should be respectful of religious/conservative individuals who have died. Literally, you castigated me for not using the word ‘many’ in one of two appropriate places. Meanwhile, Frink’s disrespectful comments, both before and after that, received no moderation, and they were clearly far more offensive.

Following all this, I come to this thread to carry on what I hope will be a productive conversation and where Frink might actually acknowledge that he has been ruder lately, and whom do you call out? Me. Never mind the goading that Frink gives chyron8472 routinely. Never mind the harassment that he leveled against Warbler in the NFL thread leading up to the Super Bowl, refusing for pages to acknowledge that he should back down. Never mind the instances where he decides to pick on yhwx and where it clearly is hurting his feelings. Never mind his lack of remorse on most of these occasions. No, call out darth_ender, who 95% of the time tries to be the peace maker. I really appreciate that.

I didn’t say you were goading him - I said ‘If you’re going to try and use this thread to try and goad Frink…’, yes?

As for you ‘…don’t need a moderator to tell me how to talk with another adult unless things get out of hand’ - well… given your posts to/re Frink in the ‘Just Died’ thread, coupled with your loaded post in here - so I will step in, and try to diffuse something from continuing or escalating further. (Edit - It’s gone well in this thread since I’ve been out for a couple of hours and not stepped in, hasn’t it?)

As for Frink’s comments in the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread - if you have an issue with them then let a mod know via PM. I took issue with your comments about ‘non-religious peeps and liberals’ as ‘they seem to celebrate the death of a prominent Christian figure’ - which was not the case at all, was it? Hence I pulled you up on it.
 

‘the harassment that he leveled against Warbler in the NFL thread leading up to the Super Bowl’…? you mean the posting of a pic of an ex-player every time Warbler posted ‘Go Eagles’? Or is there something else? Did Frink not apologise and stop?

‘Never mind the goading that Frink gives chyron8472 routinely’ - that seems to be two-way thing, no? And since chyron’s return to the site it seems that chyron is giving Frink barrels over Frink’s posts.

‘Never mind the instances where he decides to pick on yhwx and where it clearly is hurting his feelings’ - I am not aware of this. yhwx - please let a mod know if you have any issues with what d_e is alluding to.
 

If anyone here has an issue with posts made by certain members they can let a mod know - as they have always been able to do. Or maybe you don’t want a mod trying to diffuse a situation with you & Frink (you having a pop at him) - but do want mods to get involved when Frink has a pop (according to you) at others? It certainly seems that way…
 

Anyway, knock the holier-than-thou attitude on the head.

No, as I have expressed repeatedly, I don’t want mods jumping in. But if you do feel this need to correct us like children, I’d prefer you correct all of us equally.

And like I’ve just explained to you - I haven’t jumped in - just trying to stop things escalating - continuing. Nicely ignored that and the rest though.

As for ‘correcting you like children’ - no, but that you refer to yourself as a child for no reason… maybe you think you are acting like one. Personally, I’d say children generally behave better than you seem to think.

Post
#1174665
Topic
Am I a Bully?
Time

darth_ender said:

oojason said:

I think many on here have some, if not varying degrees of all of those flaws you posted there d_e, yourself included.

If you’re going to try and use this thread to try and goad Frink - or carry on/escalate from the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread - then think on mate.

Of course we all have such flaws. But there is no doubt that Frink’s character is unique to this forum, usually in a pleasant sense, periodically to an aggravating sense.

However, I am not trying to goad or escalate anything. I was trying to follow mrebo’s advice from that thread:

Mrebo said:

TV’s Frink said:

darth_ender said:

To be honest, I genuinely feel you’re not as enjoyable or nice as you used to be. Or maybe I’m just nicer than I used to be, leading me to sit on my high horse. 😛

I think you and Warb are just suffering faulty memory, but ok.

Im getting flashbacks of the Luke Skywalker debate. I think Frink is as delightful as ever 🐣

I think we should give the dead the respect they deserve in this thread and not get bogged down in petty internecine fights (definition provided for Dom’s benefit).

I don’t see how I am goading him. I was not rude or disrespectful. I am trying to converse in a more appropriate thread about what I feel is a problem. I am handling it in a very adult-like fashion, and frankly, I don’t need a moderator to tell me how to talk with another adult unless things get out of hand. So far, I don’t believe we’re even close to that point.

What’s more, you swooped in on my comment in the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread because a lack of careful phrasing made it look like a portion of my comment was a broad generalization, even though the latter part of the comment should have clarified. You quickly corrected me and stated that I shouldn’t generalize (to which I agreed) and presumably accepted my point that liberals and atheists should be respectful of religious/conservative individuals who have died. Literally, you castigated me for not using the word ‘many’ in one of two appropriate places. Meanwhile, Frink’s disrespectful comments, both before and after that, received no moderation, and they were clearly far more offensive.

Following all this, I come to this thread to carry on what I hope will be a productive conversation and where Frink might actually acknowledge that he has been ruder lately, and whom do you call out? Me. Never mind the goading that Frink gives chyron8472 routinely. Never mind the harassment that he leveled against Warbler in the NFL thread leading up to the Super Bowl, refusing for pages to acknowledge that he should back down. Never mind the instances where he decides to pick on yhwx and where it clearly is hurting his feelings. Never mind his lack of remorse on most of these occasions. No, call out darth_ender, who 95% of the time tries to be the peace maker. I really appreciate that.

I didn’t say you were goading him - I said ‘If you’re going to try and use this thread to try and goad Frink…’, yes?

As for you ‘…don’t need a moderator to tell me how to talk with another adult unless things get out of hand’ - well… given your posts to/re Frink in the ‘Just Died’ thread, coupled with your loaded post in here - I will step in, and try to diffuse something from continuing or escalating further. (Edit - It’s seemingly gone well in this thread since I’ve been out for a couple of hours and not stepped in, hasn’t it? insert sarcasm winky here)

As for Frink’s comments in the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread - if you have an issue with them then let a mod know via PM. I took issue with your comments about ‘non-religious peeps and liberals’ as ‘they seem to celebrate the death of a prominent Christian figure’ - which was not the case at all, was it? Hence I pulled you up on it.
 

‘the harassment that he leveled against Warbler in the NFL thread leading up to the Super Bowl’…? you mean the posting of a pic of an ex-player every time Warbler posted ‘Go Eagles’? Or is there something else? Did Frink not apologise and stop?

‘Never mind the goading that Frink gives chyron8472 routinely’ - that seems to be two-way thing, no? And since chyron’s return to the site it seems that chyron is giving Frink barrels over Frink’s posts.

‘Never mind the instances where he decides to pick on yhwx and where it clearly is hurting his feelings’ - I am not aware of this. yhwx - please let a mod know if you have any issues with what d_e is alluding to.
 

If anyone here has an issue with posts made by certain members they can let a mod know - as they have always been able to do. Or maybe you don’t want a mod trying to diffuse a situation with you & Frink (you having a pop at him) - but do want mods to get involved when Frink has a pop (according to you) at others? It certainly seems that way…
 

Anyway, knock the holier-than-thou attitude on the head.

This post has been edited.

Post
#1174412
Topic
Am I a Bully?
Time

I think many on here have some, if not varying degrees of all of those flaws you posted there d_e, yourself included.

If you’re going to try and use this thread to try and goad Frink - or carry on/escalate from the ‘[fill in the blank] Just Died!’ thread - then think on mate.

This post has been edited.

Post
#1174060
Topic
The Last Jedi: Official Review and Opinions Thread ** SPOILERS **
Time

Valheru_84 said:

DominicCobb said:

Valheru_84 said:

TV’s Frink said:

DominicCobb said:

ChainsawAsh said:

DominicCobb said:

darthrush said:

Collipso said:

You guys can’t even read how am I supposed to fight? It’s the green robot madness all over again.

I said: I felt like Daisy’s performance was weak compared to her performance in other movies.

Yeah, this site gets pretty confusing where people state a perfectly reasonable opinion and all you get as a response is “what?”.

Reasonable?

Whether you agree or not, saying that you feel an actor turned in a weaker performance is a perfectly reasonable opinion, yes.

You sure?

You ok my friend?

Seems in character to me, that being a self admitted snide and rudely sarcastic poster by nature.

At least you got that I was joking, even though for some reason you felt like you had to be a dick about it (though I guess that’s in character for you).

How does pointing out that you’re being a dick through your self admitted snide and sarcastic posting nature make me a dick?

DominicCobb said:

Valheru_84 said:

DominicCobb said:

Valheru_84 said:

TV’s Frink said:

DominicCobb said:

ChainsawAsh said:

DominicCobb said:

darthrush said:

Collipso said:

You guys can’t even read how am I supposed to fight? It’s the green robot madness all over again.

I said: I felt like Daisy’s performance was weak compared to her performance in other movies.

Yeah, this site gets pretty confusing where people state a perfectly reasonable opinion and all you get as a response is “what?”.

Reasonable?

Whether you agree or not, saying that you feel an actor turned in a weaker performance is a perfectly reasonable opinion, yes.

You sure?

You ok my friend?

Seems in character to me, that being a self admitted snide and rudely sarcastic poster by nature.

At least you got that I was joking, even though for some reason you felt like you had to be a dick about it (though I guess that’s in character for you).

How does pointing out that you’re being a dick through your self admitted snide and sarcastic posting nature make me a dick?

Just because I’m sarcastic doesn’t make me a dick. And yet whenever I make a sarcastic comment you pop up to attack me and call me rude and snide.

(I would report you again for harassment but apparently the mods are getting lazy and don’t care to do anything about the fact that you consistently have it out for me with seemingly no reason beyond I have a different opinion on a movie than you)

Pack it in lads.

If either of you have any concerns or issues you can always PM me or another mod.

Post
#1174047
Topic
[fill in the blank] Just Died!
Time

darth_ender said:

oojason said:

darth_ender said:

I want to be clear, I am actually being sarcastic because it annoys me when good people like Billy Graham get condemned for human mistakes. When Al Franken dies, non-religious peeps and liberals will be sad in spite of his hypocrisy. But they seem to celebrate the death of a prominent Christian figure who has spent most of his life being a wonderful human because of that “human” part. It is unfortunate what Billy Graham said, but everyone makes stupid mistakes and does stupid things. He was a product of a different time.

Many liberals and atheists and agnostics celebrate the failures of Christians instead of celebrating the goodness of a different kind of human. To me, that is one of the greatest hypocrisies on their part.

Will I be sad when Al Franken dies? No. (I don’t know who he is - I’ll wiki him later, is he Billy Graham’s left-leaning mate?)

Anyway, nice switch-deflection there in your post onto the ‘opposition’ as you see it - seems ALL you religious/right types do that, no? (where is that sarcasm winky-face to insert here?)

I don’t think many people will be, or seem to be, ‘celebrating’ Billy Graham’s death at all.

Nor do many atheists and agnostics celebrate the failures (or failings) of Christians or Christianity as a whole - nor celebrate the failures of many other religions either - yet I think we both know that anyway.

 

Anyway, RIP Billy Graham.

I clearly chose the word many deliberately, though I failed to use it earlier. Many does not mean all, or even a majority. It simply means, “a large amount,” and that was my intent. I do not believe all or most will do so, but there will be a large amount of people who take this opportunity to harshly criticize Billy Graham rather than praise or even simply honor him.

While my evidence is anecdotal, I’ve seen numerous places online, even this site, where the non-believers and liberals in the crowd have admitted to delighting in the hypocrisies on the Right or religious side. It happened in my own Interrogate the Mormon thread when our previous leader passed away recently. And I’ve seen extensive evidence online, and even a little in this thread, where criticism rather than praise or honor or even silence is given to a man who has just passed because of his human faults.

I am aware of how and why you used ‘many’ mate - and where you maybe also could’ve used it beforehand 😉

Though perhaps a deflection onto the ‘non-many’ non-religious peeps and liberals celebrating the death of a prominent Christian figure was a bit off. And likely does your latter valid point many favours.

There’ll likely be many non-religious peeps and liberals sad that someone important to many, many people out there they know, like and love are mourning Billy Graham… or for the man himself… or maybe even some Christian liberals and people of other faiths too.

This post has been edited.

Post
#1174028
Topic
Lets try to predict your age thread?
Time

I am not a number - I am a free man!

I am 37 - and have been for 7 years now 😉

 

I think Mark’s Down On Your Syntax is just short of the answer to life, the universe and everything?

Post
#1174012
Topic
[fill in the blank] Just Died!
Time

darth_ender said:

I want to be clear, I am actually being sarcastic because it annoys me when good people like Billy Graham get condemned for human mistakes. When Al Franken dies, non-religious peeps and liberals will be sad in spite of his hypocrisy. But they seem to celebrate the death of a prominent Christian figure who has spent most of his life being a wonderful human because of that “human” part. It is unfortunate what Billy Graham said, but everyone makes stupid mistakes and does stupid things. He was a product of a different time.

Many liberals and atheists and agnostics celebrate the failures of Christians instead of celebrating the goodness of a different kind of human. To me, that is one of the greatest hypocrisies on their part.

Will I be sad when Al Franken dies? No. (I don’t know who he is - I’ll wiki him later, is he Billy Graham’s left-leaning mate?)

Anyway, nice switch-deflection there in your post onto the ‘opposition’ as you see it - seems ALL you religious/right types do that, no? (where is that sarcasm winky-face to insert here?)

I don’t think many people will be, or seem to be, ‘celebrating’ Billy Graham’s death at all.

Nor do many atheists and agnostics celebrate the failures (or failings) of Christians or Christianity as a whole - nor celebrate the failures of many other religions either - yet I think we both know that anyway.

 

Anyway, RIP Billy Graham.

Post
#1173987
Topic
Random Thoughts
Time

Mrebo said:

Mark’s Down On Your Syntax said:

suspiciouscoffee said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

Mrebo said:

yhwx said:

I have 127 browser tabs open.

Inevitably it will crash and all those important tabs full of deep insights you meant to look at again will be lost to history. Or maybe you’re the kind of horrible person who opens new tabs for no reason.

Porn can be an addictive.

Mark’s Down On Your Syntax said:

Porn can be an elective.

REPORTED to authorities in the state of Florida.

I’m in England, he’s in Canada.

We ain’t afraid of them!


You will be.

Nothing could possibly go wrong there… 😉

(referring to the linked article)

This post has been edited.

Post
#1173734
Topic
The Random <em>Star Wars</em> Pics &amp; GIFs Thread
Time

paja said:

Neat (up)

A another more Rough one.

After

Before

I want to do more but i’m limited on what can think off.

It’s impressive colouring work you’re doing mate - and the odd post in here now and then giving a heads-up as to your pic (and gif 😃) skills is ok. Yet Frink is right - it probably isn’t the right thread for multiple posts on this.

A ‘paja’s pic thread’ in the ‘DVD Covers, Disc Labels, and Other Fan Artwork’ section would be cool 😃

Post
#1173705
Topic
The Prequel Radical Redux Ideas Thread
Time

Lads - pic only images aren’t the done thing…
 

Rule 5. No image-only posts unless the image has a direct bearing on the topic at hand and it adds value to the discussion. Images may not contain nudity or graphic depictions of violence, death, etc.

Post
#1173583
Topic
The Last Jedi: Official Review and Opinions Thread ** SPOILERS **
Time

Collipso said:

You guys can’t even read how am I supposed to fight? It’s the green robot madness all over again.

I said: I felt like Daisy’s performance was weak compared to her performance in other movies.

You’re here to fight?
 

You could have said in your original post which movies you believed her performances were stronger in, of course (some people may not have seen her in anything/much else) - or have seen the films you are referring to. Or you could have stated which aspects of her performance you felt were weaker in TLJ in comparison to other projects she has appeared in.
 

That was a green robot as your avatar? I thought it was poor radioactive comicbook character 😉

To the top