Sign In

Williarob

User Group
Members
Join date
9-Apr-2007
Last activity
3-Aug-2021
Posts
881
Web Site
http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com

Post History

Post
#1439979
Topic
ANH GOUT Reconstruction (A WIP)
Time

Atom-88 said:

That guy with no name said:

I have finally finished tweaking Adywans colour graded Blu-ray. To match the Gout.
Here are some pics: http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/F29BFNNU

They look really good ThatGuy, good work👍.

Yes, it really does look good. Having scanned at least 10 prints of Star Wars at this point I have come to accept that the colors of the GOUT are not always representative of the theatrical look of the film, however, I spent the 80s and 90s watching the VHS tapes over and over so this is how I remember the film looking and I’m very glad that you are preserving that look in such high quality. I will definitely enjoy watching it.

Post
#1439262
Topic
ANH GOUT Reconstruction (A WIP)
Time

That guy with no name said:

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

That guy with no name said:

And unlike many other edits It will be very easy to download and watch.

What do you mean?

I mean I will post a link here instead of putting it on usenet or something.
Which is complicated for some people.

If direct download links were allowed here, don’t you think we’d all post them?

Post
#1417816
Topic
Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 - MKV (Released)
Time

Yes, we are moving to theatrically sync all three films from this point forward. 4K77 2.0 and 4K80 1.0 will include all available frames even if they were missing from the NTSC (or PAL or both) GOUT versions.

Presumably, however, we will continue to ensure that the Star Wars logo appears on frame 689 as it does on the GOUT, so that all the audio tracks still have the same starting point.

Post
#1400386
Topic
<strong>4K77</strong> - Released
Time

It came on 2 reels. The telecine wobble is just as bad on our copy too, because that’s how it was printed. I had stabilized the whole film to the sprocket holes, but when I went to watch it the film still wobbled all over the place:

https://vimeo.com/497685100

So now I’m going shot by shot, stabilizing to the picture which takes a little longer.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the print we borrowed for scanning was in very good shape. There was a fair amount of warping which made it twist and turn in the film gate, causing distortion and “focus breathing” too, but it’s still fun to watch.

Post
#1400162
Topic
<strong>4K77</strong> - Released
Time

calculon559 said:

Williarob said:

benduwan said:
will there be release of the SPFX: making of the empire strikes back too?

Yes, I’m working on that right now actually. It will be a bonus feature with 4K80.
imgur

That looks like a two-color print, as opposed to a faded full-color film.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there much you can do with that sort of film? Reds and skintones should be easy to fix, but either the green or blue is missing or maybe even mixed together?

That’s after some color correction - it is faded to pink:

Imgur

Post
#1399413
Topic
<strong>4K77</strong> - Released
Time

benduwan said:

Williarob said:

Here is a reusable invite code join to https://forums.thestarwarstrilogy.com/

4K77J21-5TC0tuNTFqk01rKvGQ5ivpqG

This code will expire at the end of January. Happy New Year!

can´t login anymore.
“The requested user ’ could not be found.”
but i didn´t change anything…

I don’t see any record of an account with this username. It’s worth noting that any registrations with disposable email addresses, or addresses/IPs that are blacklisted on SPAM lists are automatically rejected. (I’m not suggesting that you’re a spammer, but if you signed up while connected to a VPN, it’s possible that the IP Address you were using at the time is blacklisted somewhere.)

Post
#1393401
Topic
<strong>4K77</strong> - Released
Time

Nilbog said:

Based on the provided info on 4K77’s webpage, 97% of the film comes from a Spanish print. If that’s accruate, I assume the other 3% is for the opening scrawl, end credits, and damaged frames?

I’m unsure about the audio source for the SSE, but is all the audio for 4K77 from the GOUT or does is some from prints?

That’s incorrect. Waht is says on the webpage is that “97% of project 4K77 is from a single, original 1977 35mm Technicolor release print”, the other 3% is a mix of Spanish LPP, a second British IB Technicolor print, a 97 Special Edition print and 2011 Bluray (for any frames that were missing from all prints at the reel changes).

Audio is from Harmy’s Despecialized, which is mostly laserdisc sourced. All of the print audio is incomplete since there are frames missing throughout, and the LPP audio is obviously in Spanish.

Post
#1372372
Topic
Info: 35mm Italian 1997 SE of A New Hope - for sale on eBay
Time

kujythrgefdw said:

It’s been relisted

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/35mm-STAR-WARS-IV-A-NEW-HOPE-97-FEATURE-FILM-MOVIE-TRAILER-FLAT-TEASER-LUCAS/324279554953

However the description says it is the whole movie but says it is only two reels. This is obviously not true, the movie is 6 reels.

It’s on 2 x 6000 foot reels. That’s the whole film. (Normally 6 x 2000’ reels)