Hal 9000 said:
And that’s an interesting read on the Leia death, with Rey feeling responsible for it. That makes sense! I’ll have to play with the scene, though, unless there’s a mock-up out there I may just not be remembering right now. If Rey stabbing Kylo is followed by Rey dropping headphones, there’d be a lot to cram in from Leia before seeing her give out altogether.
That would be a tough edit, though an interesting idea. I think it’s doable.
The biggest hurdle is what now distracts Kylo for her to stab him?
Erm… guys its all in my mock up vid from awhile ago right here 😅
- Kylo gets distracted by flashbacks of him killing Han just before he is about to strike Rey down.
- After Rey stabes Kylo she feels Leias pain and relises shes also wounded Leia.
- Maz comments that “Leia knows what must be done now to reach here son” meaning sees a chance to use her force to reach out to Ben and bring him back before Kylo can re-merge again.
- Before Rey flies off in Kylo ship she reaches out to Leia through the force for redemption but Leia is calling out for Ben instead.
- Holding Hans medial Leia uses here life force to force Ben to visualise his fathers memory and save Ben.
(Removed conversation between Ben and Han over Leias death to drive the point that hes only mirroring previous interactions with his father from memory)
Also done a theatre screening of Ascendant in my back garden for friends and family using Hals original V1 work print to better explain future changes being made for the final edit and everyone loved it. 😎👌