I detect frame issues: for example, one duplicated at 106, one skipped between frame 116 and 117, duplicate again at 129, another dupe at 223 etc. MPV and MPC demonstrate this behaviour, so I think it’s inherent to the file. I’ve checked my local rips of TCW theatrical and the Hidden Enemy and they’re constant FPS 23.976 and don’t have any dupes. I’d double check your rips and how you’ve converted them.
I agree with DZ that the intro text could be spiced up a tad, but there’s a fine balance with not making it too wordy, and it definitely should continue to avoid spoiling that Ahsoka is assigned to Anakin (edit: whoops, about six new messages appeared while I was typing this one, and I see this was already iterated on). Perhaps you could work in a little reference to “Like fire, across the galaxy, the Clone Wars spread. In league with the wicked Count Dooku, more and more planets slip. Against this threat, upon the Jedi Knights falls the duty, to lead the army of the Republic. And, as the heat of war grows, so too grows the prowess of one most gifted student of the Force.”, though obviously that’d be super redundant if you then later turn CW2003 into an episode of this.
The actual editing is really solid, though, and an inventive way to put the Hidden Enemy together as just a prologue to the movie. I feel this works well as an introduction, as we’re rapidly reintroduced to Anakin and Obi-Wan, who aren’t too far from their AOTC characterisations, and then we meet Asajj quickly to get us used to the new characters.
- There’s an odd cut at 2:10 between the table breaking and the fight continuing up the stairs. Perhaps the little bit of saber fighting after the table break could be excised entirely.
- Similarly, the cut at ~2:16 feels like the music trails out a little abruptly - with such a vigorous swooping motion from the incoming bombers, perhaps this could be a wipe?
- The wipe at 4:00 isn’t feathered at the top. The jump from night to day and the repurposing of this footage and the Bail audio works well, though.
- The cutaway to tanks at 4:22 is too quick and unnecessary. Before it, the black levels look like this (correct), and after it, the black levels look like this (crushed) - is your 0-255 or 16-235 set correctly?
- The cutaway after “the show is about to begin” works well.
McFibb, the droid stuff is pretty heavily baked into TCW, so you’ll probably just wind up inevitably having to stomach some of it. Same with Yoda using a lightsaber and many other traditional PT complaints.
Thanks sade for your technical feedback. i was about to write something similar, e.g. the frame drops as i use mpc also.
Doesn’t have to add anything, you all covered it.
As for the Intro text, i like eddiedeans from the start, but yours just flows better if pronunced. So i would advocate for this.
@eddiedean i think it’s best to not do a weekly schedule (stated this before). As you said, you will get more time for each episode and don’t have to rush anything.
Other than things already said, i liked the editing of yours!