Do you happen to have a list of the cuts/edits or additions you have made to the source material? I have seen both versions before but I would love to know what I am in for with this edit:)
Sorry for this incredibly late reply. I need to check this thread more often since I don’t always get notified when someone replies. Here’s a list of the details of my cut. I should probably include this in my original post.
- T-Cut ending (with the Thorn dialogue between Loomis and Wynn from the P-Cut mixed in with some of the dialogue from the T-Cut).
- Opening title sequence from P-Cut (mixed with opening credits from T-Cut so that it goes by quicker).
- In the opening flashback from the P-Cut, I removed the voiceover of the Man in Black saying “Jamie, come to me” and the shot of Michael being pulled into the van.
- All of the extra Loomis scenes from the P-Cut (except for the end).
- Scene from T-Cut when Jamie walks around in the barn and sees Michael lit up by flashes of lightning and disappears, then it cuts to the P-Cut so that Michael stabs her instead of drilling her to death.
- Breakfast scene starts out with P-Cut and then switches to T-Cut when Kara’s dad slaps her (so Danny holds the knife to his grandpa’s stomach without hearing “the voice” or seeing Michael outside).
- I fixed the part in the breakfast scene when Mrs. Strode mispronounces Kara’s name by replacing the audio from a later scene where she says it correctly.
- All death scenes are from the T-Cut (except for Jamie’s).
- I removed all the “flash cut” editing from the T-Cut.
- The song “And Fools Shine On” plays during the college scene and end credits.
- During Jamie’s flashback/dream sequence in the hospital, I removed the shot that shows Michael about to impregnate her and replaced it with other footage, so now it’s a mystery who the father is (or maybe the baby is the result of a science experiment which is suggested at the end of the T-Cut).
- I used the P-Cut version of the scene when Kara and Danny run away from Michael after being in the Myers house, which has the more normal “Shape Stalks” music, but I added in the shots from the T-Cut that show Michael lit up by flashes of lightning as he chases them.
- Music from both cuts is used.
- End credits start out with the P-Cut then switch to the T-Cut so that everyone who worked on the film gets credit, regardless of which version they worked on.
I primarily used the footage from the Producer’s Cut because it’s better quality and looks more natural than the theatrical cut. Also, since the two versions have different color grading, I didn’t want to switch back and forth because it might look strange, so a lot of the theatrical cut scenes are actually the Producer’s Cut mixed with the audio from the theatrical cut. Some of these scenes are a little bit longer in the Producer’s Cut so I had to edit them so that they’d match the theatrical cut. I only used the theatrical cut footage when I didn’t have a choice. I spent a lot of time making sure everything flowed smoothly, like blending the audio so that it’s not noticeable when it switches from one version to the other.