Sign In

General Star Wars Random Thoughts Thread — Page 197

Author
Time

He's not welcome on our team.  Too obvious.

Team Olie

Author
Time

Some anvils need to be dropped, they say.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

ATMachine said:

Some anvils need to be dropped, they say.

Fixed.

The Bunny, The Bunny, woah, I love The Bunny

Possessed said:
Danfun, do you also love the soup and the bread, or just the bunny?

SilverWook said:
Use of the bunny outside off topic is getting out of hand.
When outside off topic, use a link to the bunny if you really feel the need to invoke it.
Warnings will be next if some restraint is not shown.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

"The wise speak only of what they know, G----- son of G-----. A witless worm have you become. Therefore be silent, and keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and flood to bandy crooked words with a serving-man till the lightning falls."

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

And now a rando Star Wars thought:

Why does Palpatine have those large windows in his Death Star office, and yet nobody ever gets thrown out of them?

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

LexX said:

Wolfman said:

Picked up the The Black Series 6 inch series Yoda. Trouble is with these smaller figures in the range as per R2-D2, the price is the same for these as it is for regular size figures. Anyway, looks pretty good. What do ya think ?

 I totally forgot where I saw a custom of this and Vader just recently as I normally don't follow modern toy/custom threads. The custom ones used heads from another series, was it Hot Toys or whatever. Anyways, this Yoda was too tall and green and ugly and the custom looked perfect. They also swtiched Vader's helmet and I think R2 was completely from another series, too. The Yoda is pretty bad actually.

Edit: of course I found it immediately after this: http://toyotter.com/2015/06/use-your-brain-brainiac/

 That's pretty cool. Yes, there are a few figures in the range that are poor. I never bought R2 D2 because he looked just terrible in a range of figures which up till R2 looked really good. I think Vader's helmet is removable which is why is looks odd on the figure but could be wrong on that. Yoda could have been better I'll agree.

Next up for me is IG88 and Princess Leia Boushh disguise so fingers crossed for those.

Author
Time

Wolfman said:

Picked up the The Black Series 6 inch series Yoda. Trouble is with these smaller figures in the range as per R2-D2, the price is the same for these as it is for regular size figures. Anyway, looks pretty good. What do ya think ?

Does the term "Uncanny Valley" mean anything to you? Ugh, that looks inexplicable creepy.

The Bunny, The Bunny, woah, I love The Bunny

Possessed said:
Danfun, do you also love the soup and the bread, or just the bunny?

SilverWook said:
Use of the bunny outside off topic is getting out of hand.
When outside off topic, use a link to the bunny if you really feel the need to invoke it.
Warnings will be next if some restraint is not shown.

Author
Time

I thought "uncanny valley" only applies to humans. Yoda's not human, so ...

“Happy Halloween, ladies!”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I don't think it only applies to humans. Take this um... "parody" of the old Nyan Cat meme for instance.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/62153363/original.jpg

*shudders*

The Bunny, The Bunny, woah, I love The Bunny

Possessed said:
Danfun, do you also love the soup and the bread, or just the bunny?

SilverWook said:
Use of the bunny outside off topic is getting out of hand.
When outside off topic, use a link to the bunny if you really feel the need to invoke it.
Warnings will be next if some restraint is not shown.

Author
Time

Danfun128 said:

*shutters*

Now you can't see out the windows!

Author
Time

Danfun128 said:

Ugh, that looks inexplicable creepy.

 I think you've hit the nail on the head. Could this figure be based on....CPY?

Author
Time

Danfun128 said:

https://data.whicdn.com/images/62153363/original.jpg

*shudders*

This picture brings to mind an awfully racist joke many would no doubt find offensive. I think I'll refrain from relating it here. 

“Happy Halloween, ladies!”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DuracellEnergizer said:

Danfun128 said:

https://data.whicdn.com/images/62153363/original.jpg

*shudders*

This picture brings to mind an awfully racist joke many would no doubt find offensive. I think I'll refrain from relating it here. 

 Yes, thank you for keeping your racist jokes to yourself around here.
But continue to let us know that you're willing to spread your idiocy elsewhere.

Ray’s Lounge
Biggs in ANH edit idea
ROTJ opening edit idea

Author
Time
 (Edited)

JFTR, I didn't post my "idiocy" anywhere at all, so don't get your panties in such a twist.

“Happy Halloween, ladies!”

Author
Time

Looking forward to finding out more about how edgy and taboo-breaking you are from reading threads on this Star Wars forum.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

You needn't worry about edginess and taboo-breaking from me from now on. Life is no longer a joke -- just a horrible, unending nightmare -- and I don't feel like laughing at it anymore.

From now on, I'll handle my misery on-line the same way I handle it in my personal life -- with silent loathing.

“Happy Halloween, ladies!”

Author
Time

ray_afraid said:

 Yes, thank you for keeping your racist jokes to yourself around here.
But continue to let us know that you're willing to spread your idiocy elsewhere.

 Yes, and thank you

Jonno said:

Looking forward to finding out more about how edgy and taboo-breaking you are from reading threads on this Star Wars forum.

 and you for the oh-so-totally-necessary snide remarks. *claps wildly* Where would this forum be without the arbiters of good taste, gosh oh golly!

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

http://imgur.com/gallery/5eAyuQI

some funny stuff in the comments too

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Not that I would tinker with "Star Wars" anymore than it had been, but while I was listening to AVGN's review of the games (I know AVGN is just James acting like an exaggerated angry gamer), and I kinda like what he said about Luke crashing his landspeeder in the cantina and killing Greedo during his interrogation with Han.  Long story short, I kinda imagined that, but with 3PO in the driver' seat and he does it as a retaliation for the bartender not allowing droids in.  I know full well the logic of that scene in the movie.  I just think it would be funny seeing 3PO being all badass and doing some crazy stuff.

Author
Time

It could be funny as a sketch, cause it's really out of character for him to retaliate.

Author
Time

Now that I would pay good money to see!

Ol’ George has the GOUT, I see.