Sign In

Young Indiana Jones...

Replies
154
Author
Time
Does anyone have the full series of Young Indiana Jones, or know how to obtain it?
I'm always looking to trade my edits, if you don't want to get them from a torrent. PM or e-mail!
Author
Time
It is available on VHS official releases. Lucasfilm has apparently been working on an extensive DVD set for some time but it is unknown when it will be released--initially rumoured for 2004/2005, but obviously that did not happen.

The Secret History of Star Wars -- now available on Amazon.com!

"When George went back and put new creatures into the original Star Wars, I find that disturbing. It’s a revision of history. That bothers me."

--James Cameron, Entertainment Weekly, April 2010

Author
Time
I have every aired episode.

The released episodes are all combined into 2 hour movies. They've cut out the bookends with the older Indy.

I was thinking of putting them all up on myspleen.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: digitalfreaknyc
I have every aired episode.

The released episodes are all combined into 2 hour movies. They've cut out the bookends with the older Indy.

I was thinking of putting them all up on myspleen.


Would love for you to post them

Author
Time
yes, please post them!
I'm always looking to trade my edits, if you don't want to get them from a torrent. PM or e-mail!
Author
Time
I'd like to add my vote for Spleening them as well; I'm certainly eager to check them out. I've only seen maybe a couple of the episodes. I'd have bought them all on VHS, but it was getting to the point where I wasn't eager to spend any more money on a dying format (not to mention the expense involved to get them all). Of course, I'm eagerly awaiting their eventual release on DVD.

Until then, I'd love to see them Spleened. Plus, what are the odds they'll leave the bookends in on the DVD release?

--SKot

Projects:
Return Of The Ewok and Other Short Films (with OCPmovie) [COMPLETED]
Preserving the…cringe…Star Wars Holiday Special [ONGOING]
The Star Wars TV Commercials Project [DORMANT]
Felix the Cat 1919-1930 early film shorts preservation [ONGOING]

Author
Time
And if uploading the entire series is too much work, just the bookends would be fine with me if they ever do get around to releasing these on DVD.
Author
Time
I'd love to get some of the episodes that were only aired overseas as well. This might be a bit of a fun project....as if I don't have enough of them.
Author
Time

Mystery of The Blues with the Ford bookends were left on the re-edits. Not suprised old Indy got cut as George Hall was very poor as an old Indy, so feeble it was shocking.

I've got some of the VHS videos, including the Vampire one was was never shown or something?
Author
Time
Found some info about YIJ on Laser:

A laserdisc box set was released in Japan on April 21, 1993. It had 15 of the early episodes and a short documentary on the making of the series. The NTSC discs were in English in Dolby surround with Japanese subtitles.

The discs have the following:

Side 1 - EGYPT - May 1908
Side 2 - MEXICO - March 1916
Side 3 - VIENNA - November 1908
Side 4 - BRITISH EAST AFRICA - September 1909
Side 5 - PEKING - March 1910
Side 6 - LONDON - May 1916
Side 7 - SOMME - early August 1916
Side 8 - GERMANY - mid-August 1916
Side 9 - VERDUN - September 1916
Side 10 - PARIS - October 1916
Side 11 - GERMAN EAST AFRICA - December 1916
Side 12 - CONGO - January 1917
Side 13 - AUSTRIA - March 1917
Side 14 - BARCELONA - May 1917
Side 15 - PETROGRAD - July 1917
Side 16 - Making of THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES



More Info

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jobel
Mystery of The Blues with the Ford bookends were left on the re-edits. Not suprised old Indy got cut as George Hall was very poor as an old Indy, so feeble it was shocking.

I've got some of the VHS videos, including the Vampire one was was never shown or something?



Jobel,

Open up your PM's. Maybe we could work together on those.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jobel
Mystery of The Blues with the Ford bookends were left on the re-edits. Not suprised old Indy got cut as George Hall was very poor as an old Indy, so feeble it was shocking.

I've got some of the VHS videos, including the Vampire one was was never shown or something?



That Vampire episode was "Transylvania, January 1918 ".

The Episodes not shown in the U.S.A. are:

Florence, May 1908, Prague, August 1917, Palestine, October 1917 & Transylvania, January 1918

The Palestine episode was expanded to two hours for the video release.



If you guys need any of the episodes I have, just let me know. I would be happy to help out with this project.

The episodes I have are:

1: The Curse of the Jackal, Egypt 1908 (1)

2: The Curse of the Jackal, Mexico, March 1916 (2)

3: London, May 1916

4: British East Africa, September 1909

5: Verdun, September 1916

6: German East Africa, December 1916

7: Congo, January 1917

8: Austria, March 1917

9: Somme, Early August 1916 (1)

10: Germany, Mid-August 1916 (2)

11: Barcelona, May 1917

12: The Mystery of the Blues, Chicago, April 1920 (1)

13: The Mystery of the Blues, Chicago, May 1920 (2)

14: Princeton, February 1916

15: Petrograd, July 1917

16: The Scandal of 1920, New York, June 1920 (1)

17: The Scandal of 1920, New York, July 1920 (2)

18: Vienna, November 1908

19: Northern Italy, June 1918

20: The Phantom Train of Doom, German East Africa (1)

21: The Phantom Train of Doom, German East Africa (2)

22: Ireland, April 1916

23: Paris, September 1908

24: Peking, March 1910

25: Benares, January 1910

26: Paris, October 1916

27: Istanbul, September 1918

28: Paris, May 1919

29: Prague, August 1917

30: Florence, May 1908

31: Palestine, October 1917

32: Transylvania, January 1918

33: The Hollywood Follies, Hollywood, August 1920 (1)

34: The Hollywood Follies, Hollywood, August 1920 (2)

35: Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, London/Egypt

36: Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, South Pacific

37: Attack of the Hawkmen, Ravenelle, Germany, 1917

38: Attack of the Hawkmen, Ahlgorn, Germany 1917

39: Travels with Father, Russia 1910

40: Travels with Father, Athens 1910

41: Tangiers 1908

42: Morocco 1917

43: Palestine, October 1917

44: Princeton 1919








“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time
FanF,

What's the quality of your episodes? Are they your copies?

Where did you get the ones broadcast outside of the US?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: digitalfreaknyc
FanF,

What's the quality of your episodes? Are they your copies?

Where did you get the ones broadcast outside of the US?


I say the video image is about an 8.5 out of 10. That's good as they are not from digital masters (laserdisc or DVD)

This was a collection traded to me for a DVD preservation set of my rare Golden Age of Looney Toons Laserdiscs.
I'm sure that person got his set off of Ebay of something along them lines. ;-)

One thing I am not sure of is what the source of the non-VHS released episodes are. My young nephews enjoyed all of them
(so I know there was no errors with the DVDs), but I did not take a good look at them as I had seen most of the original
airings. For some reason, I believe I did see some segments with Old Indy on that 22 DVD set. I'll be sure to take a good look
for you guys when I get to pick up allot of my belongings that have been in temporary storage. I'm sure that the Making of
Young Indy was not on this set, and I would love to see it!
I was hoping someone might have that from the laserdisc set.

I'll update this thread and send you a PM when I have sorce and content info. But as I said above, you guys are free to use any of them for your project.

I always wanted to add the movie music into the YIJ shows, but that is another project all together...

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time
I've heard lucas has filmed hundreds of hours of bonus material that will be used as a way to teach history to kids using the new hi definition format blu ray.

there will be biographies on key people and events of the twentieth century.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
I've heard lucas has filmed hundreds of hours of bonus material that will be used as a way to teach history to kids using the new hi definition format blu ray.

there will be biographies on key people and events of the twentieth century.


Only problem is that after he finishes a historical section, Lucas keeps going back and changing the events until they match his TRUE VISION of 20th century history. (e.g., Original Trilogy)

;-)

(sorry, but I could not resist a good bit of Lucas bashing)

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time
Originally posted by: FanFiltration
Found some info about YIJ on Laser:

A laserdisc box set was released in Japan on April 21, 1993. It had 15 of the early episodes and a short documentary on the making of the series. The NTSC discs were in English in Dolby surround with Japanese subtitles.

The discs have the following:

Side 1 - EGYPT - May 1908
Side 2 - MEXICO - March 1916
Side 3 - VIENNA - November 1908
Side 4 - BRITISH EAST AFRICA - September 1909
Side 5 - PEKING - March 1910
Side 6 - LONDON - May 1916
Side 7 - SOMME - early August 1916
Side 8 - GERMANY - mid-August 1916
Side 9 - VERDUN - September 1916
Side 10 - PARIS - October 1916
Side 11 - GERMAN EAST AFRICA - December 1916
Side 12 - CONGO - January 1917
Side 13 - AUSTRIA - March 1917
Side 14 - BARCELONA - May 1917
Side 15 - PETROGRAD - July 1917
Side 16 - Making of THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES



More Info


I would love to see a DVD transfer of the Side 16.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: FanFiltration
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
I've heard lucas has filmed hundreds of hours of bonus material that will be used as a way to teach history to kids using the new hi definition format blu ray.

there will be biographies on key people and events of the twentieth century.


Only problem is that after he finishes a historical section, Lucas keeps going back and changing the events until they match his TRUE VISION of 20th century history. (e.g., Original Trilogy)

;-)

(sorry, but I could not resist a good bit of Lucas bashing)


Many of the Young Indy chronicles were historically innacurate anyway.

Author
Time
Do you think he's planning to release these in conjunction with Indy IV? Perhaps that's the hold-out?
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
that's most likely the hold out, thought I'm still under the impression that Indy IV will never happen (or maybe that's just me holding out hope.)
I'm always looking to trade my edits, if you don't want to get them from a torrent. PM or e-mail!
Author
Time

Do the offical VHS tapes have interview segments with George Lucas and Sean Patrick Flannery on each of the volumes?

I remember hearing about that someplace, but would like that confirmed.

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time
George Lucas has been working on re-mastering the entire series for a couple of years now making them ready for DVD release in 16:9 format.

From what I have heard The Box set will be gigantic one ...something like 66 DVDs !!! No news when this will be able to buy, but I assume it will be in conjunction with the release of Indy IV.

Author
Time

Indy IV is happening. The script is finally done:

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=51
Author
Time
Originally posted by: FanFiltration
Do the offical VHS tapes have interview segments with George Lucas and Sean Patrick Flannery on each of the volumes?

I remember hearing about that someplace, but would like that confirmed.


Yes they do, but it's the same one on every tape. I think because in order to make the movie versions he got Flannery back to shoot some extra footage, so he was interviewed at the same time.

To the top