logo Sign In

DVD: Return of the Ewok and Other Little Films (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The second DVD from the creator of Deleted Magic.

Orange Cow Productions is proud to present "Return of the Ewok and Other Little Films."

This classic 24-minute film stars Warwick Davis as he tries to become a star - shot on the sets of Return of the Jedi, the film features your favorite Star Wars stars (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch), as well as veteran actor Roy Kinnear.

I’d like to thank Skot the man Kirkwood for digging up a tape of Return of the Ewok that some fan shot with a camcorder at a screening. I’ve done a restoration job on it, as best I could, and I’m proud
to provide it on DVD.

Extra stuff on the disc includes new “Deleted Magic” edits of the deleted Treadwell and Jabba scenes from Star Wars, with the Biggs, Chief Bast and Cantina scenes …

You’ll also get a good transfer of The Making of Star Wars Special Edition (1997), along with other classic stuff -

+  Commercial for C-3POs
+  Burger Chef Commercial (1977)

• Hi-Vision - George Lucas Japanese commercial
  • “The Creatures Go To England” - Return of the Jedi (from Classic Creatures/From Star Wars to Jedi)
  • Donny and Marie Osmond Star Wars Tribute (1977)
  • The Muppet Show with Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and R2-D2
  • Mark Hamill intro to Star Wars on TV (1984)
  • Star Tours Ride Video
  • THX Soundtrack! narrated by James Earl Jones

As always, you can ask me for the discs at [address removed].

RETURN OF THE EWOK

Written and directed by
David Tomblin

Starring Warwick Davis as himself

Roy Kinnear as the Talent Agent

Robert Watts as the Producer

Harrison Ford as himself

Mark Hamill as himself

Carrie Fisher as herself

Anthony Daniels as C-3PO

David Prowse as himself and Darth Vader

Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett

Frank Oz performing Yoda

Tim Rose performing Salacious Crumb

Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

David Tomblin as the Choreographer, and the voice of Darth Vader and Boba Fett

Sue Davis as Warwick’s mom

Ashley Davis as Warwick’s Dad

Kim Davis as a little girl

Chelsea Football Club as themselves

R2-D2, Jabba the Hutt, Max Rebo, Droopy McCool and Sy Snootles as themselves

Music by John Williams

“Take the Long Way Home” performed by Supertramp

Special thanks to
George Lucas
Richard Marquand
Elstree Studios
Heathrow Airport
Chelsea Football Club
and the entire “Revenge of the Jedi” production team

Unofficial version edited by
Garrett Gilchrist

Materials provided by
Skot Kirkwood

With special thanks to
Starwars.com Hyperspace
Originaltrilogy.com
The Star Wars cutscenes list
Connie Green, Lepconnie.com

An
Orange Cow Productions
release

24 min., 1982-3

Also featuring:

+  Commercial for C-3POs
+  Burger Chef Commercial (1977)

• Hi-Vision - George Lucas Japanese commercial
  • “The Creatures Go To England” - Return of the Jedi (from Classic Creatures/From Star Wars to Jedi)

Deleted Magic clips:

• Luke and Treadwell

• Biggs 1

• Biggs 2

• Early Cantina Scene

• Jabba The Hutt

• Vader and Chief Bast

• Donny and Marie Osmond Star Wars Tribute (1977)

• The Muppet Show with Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and R2-D2

• Making of Star Wars Special Edition (1997)

• Mark Hamill intro to Star Wars on TV (1984)

• Star Tours Ride Video

• THX Soundtrack! narrated by James Earl Jones

Author
Time
Looks neat!

In "Making of SW", do you have the two audio tracks, one with William Conrad and one with the new narrator?

If not, I always thought that would be a neat little project.

Episode II: Shroud of the Dark Side

Emperor Jar-Jar
“Back when we made Star Wars, we just couldn’t make Palpatine as evil as we intended. Now, thanks to the miracles of technology, it is finally possible. Finally, I’ve created the movies that I originally imagined.” -George Lucas on the 2007 Extra Extra Special HD-DVD Edition

Author
Time
I have an SE Pepsi commercial back in '97 with the wee boy slurping the Pepsi, and Darth Vader force chokes it, and the usher and Vader have a lightsaber fight.

I have it on tape.
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
How good is the Donny and Marie segment? (In terms of video quailty of course...) I have a copy of the whole show, but the built in TBC on my Panasonic doesn't like the squiggly video signal very much, so it's been on the back burner for a while.
And when the heck is someone going to "aqquire" the Cantina skit Richard Pryor did on his short lived tv series?
Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
And when the heck is someone going to "aqquire" the Cantina skit Richard Pryor did on his short lived tv series?

I am sure that some kind soul round here could help you out with this request........

Anyway, "Return of the Ewok and Other Little Films." sounds like another winner from the creator of Deleted Magic. I cannot wait to see this along with all the extras.

Any news on the Star Wars Classic Edition???

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time
Originally posted by: SilverWook
How good is the Donny and Marie segment? (In terms of video quailty of course...) I have a copy of the whole show, but the built in TBC on my Panasonic doesn't like the squiggly video signal very much, so it's been on the back burner for a while.

I got that - It's just not on my list yet

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
I can't wait to see the results now on Restore of the Ewok.

Incidentally, The Muppet Show with Mark Hamill is supposedly available on some Muppet Show DVD. Can anybody tell me, so I can go buy it?

Also, I waited a long time for The Richard Pryor Show with the Star Wars Bar segment to be available on DVD. As soon as it came out, I bought it. There's a 3-disc box set (most common, I think), and then you can also get them as single discs. The Star Wars skit is on Volume 1. If you REALLY like Richard Pryor, buy the box set... it's got bonus material (but nothing more of Star Wars). Otherwise, just get the single disc Volume 1.

--SKot

Projects:
Return Of The Ewok and Other Short Films (with OCPmovie) [COMPLETED]
Preserving the…cringe…Star Wars Holiday Special [COMPLETED]
The Star Wars TV Commercials Project [DORMANT]
Felix the Cat 1919-1930 early film shorts preservation [ONGOING]
Lights Out! (lost TV anthology shows) [ONGOING]
Iznogoud (1995 animated series) English audio preservation [ONGOING]

Author
Time
not trying to get the thread off topic, but if you want the muppet show episode with mark hamill its available on myspleen.net. Actually the whole muppet show series (all 5 seasons) is up there, you'd have to check which season its in, and then get a client that lets you select what files to download if thats all you want...but the episodes are pretty good quality.

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Simon
not trying to get the thread off topic, but if you want the muppet show episode with mark hamill its available on myspleen.net. Actually the whole muppet show series (all 5 seasons) is up there, you'd have to check which season its in, and then get a client that lets you select what files to download if thats all you want...but the episodes are pretty good quality.

-Darth Simon

I already have a very good quality copy of that Muppet Show episode... but if it's available as an actual DVD release, then I don't intend to be a cheap pirate bastard; I'll buy the thing! Plus, I always want these items in the best quality possible.

But thanks for the pointer... I don't think the whole Muppet Show series has been made available so far, so it's nice to know one can obtain it. Now if only we could get The Invaders series up there...

(way off topic now)

--SKot

Projects:
Return Of The Ewok and Other Short Films (with OCPmovie) [COMPLETED]
Preserving the…cringe…Star Wars Holiday Special [COMPLETED]
The Star Wars TV Commercials Project [DORMANT]
Felix the Cat 1919-1930 early film shorts preservation [ONGOING]
Lights Out! (lost TV anthology shows) [ONGOING]
Iznogoud (1995 animated series) English audio preservation [ONGOING]

Author
Time
I don't have the non-Conrad Making of Star Wars. Perhaps someone will do a disc of that with the alternate audio, would be easy enough and somewhat interesting I suppose.

I have the 97 usher Pepsi commercial on tape somewhere as well. A while back, I promised ReverendBeastly that I would transfer three of his poor-quality 97 Special Edition specials (and commercials) to DVD as "Special Edition Hype" ... so it might wind up on that.

The Donny and Marie segment is the same from Rarities I. The video quality is pretty good but the audio is crackly.

The Richard Pryor Cantina segment appeared on Rarities II a while back. Someone ought to grab the new official version from the new Pryor DVDs, as the quality would obviously be much better.

Hopefully more news on Star Wars Classic Edition soon. Waiting on some new stuff from Russ Dawson, actually.

By the way, many thanks to Skot Kirkwood, Kenneth Anderson, Russ Dawson, JED, and Guillermo Gomez for their contributions to this disc.

The Mark Hamill Muppet Show is indeed available on DVD, and can be rented at many Blockbusters.

This encode is taken from that DVD, but it might be an extra generation of quality down the line by now. I'd have to check to be sure - quality is quite good though.

The encode of Making of the Special Edition is courtesy Russ Dawson, and is the best I've ever seen. It includes the Jedi SE trailer. The encode of Soundtrack! is courtesy Kenneth Anderson and is official-DVD quality. It is 16x9 formatted even though it's a 4x3 video, so on your computer it may appear in a smaller window onscreen. It will play fine on a TV however.

I have completed my third and I think final version of the Return of the Ewok disc.

Here's the info:

D1: first attempt.
D2: Same as D1, with an extra Jacket Picture added.
D3: Jabba scene further reedited and improved.

I have burned several copies of D2, so you might not get quite the best version of the Jabba scene ... all D1 and D2 copies are marked as such on the disc.

I would like to request that only the D3 version be torrented.
Author
Time
Hopefully more news on Star Wars Classic Edition soon. Waiting on some new stuff from Russ

I expect everything to be over there with you fairly soon..........

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time
Has anyone ever taped that 1993 chatshow in America (i can't remember) about Lucas disscusing the prequels.
Author
Time
I just want go on record and say I had nothing to do with this DVD. I'm not even going to post on this thread.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jedikev
Has anyone ever taped that 1993 chatshow in America (i can't remember) about Lucas disscusing the prequels.

The PBS American Masters special? I'd like to have that as well.
Greedo shoots first? Not in my DVD player.
Author
Time
I have that on dvd.
Author
Time
Any new updates ocpmovie?
Author
Time
For this disc? This disc has been done for a while, babe. =) Those who've asked for it, have it and love it. Love the Ewok!

I'm finishing up Classic Edition and Special Edition Hype now ...
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Trooperman
Looks neat!

In "Making of SW", do you have the two audio tracks, one with William Conrad and one with the new narrator?

If not, I always thought that would be a neat little project.

I believe that I have both on VHS...I should get around to putting them on DVD once I finish the TV Specials DVDs I'm currently working on. I distribute my stuff on a.b.starwars...I'll keep you posted on the progress.

¤ The Dark One In Costume ¤

...at last we shall have revenge...
Author
Time
This disc has been done for a while, babe. =) Those who've asked for it, have it

Well, not everybody.
Author
Time
Heheh. Jed, it's your own fault for asking for Classic Edition as well.
Author
Time
Oh.... hehe...

Ok, I'll wait... with much pain in my heart.

I wanna watch that improved Jabba scene... among with the other stuff, of course.

Oh, speaking of Jabba (and totally off-topic), I just watched Episode 3 yesterday and in the credits there was some guy acting as (or voicing, or animating, or whatever) JaVVa The Hut. With 2 V's.
Author
Time
I think that's an onset thing .... or a special effects thing. Java.