logo Sign In

2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games — Page 4

Author
Time

Warbler said:

They should be ashamed for not playing as well as they can.

This happens in sports all the time. If it didn’t, there would be no reason to play the games.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Possessed said:

I just think it’s a little harsh to say that anybody who does something better than you could ever dream about doing should be ashamed of themselves for not doing it well enough.

Or doing it poorly one time.

So tell me, if the Cubs were a eliminated this year by the Phillies, would you say it would wrong to say they should be ashamed of themselves?

They lost an elimination game to an inferior team. It is not wrong to criticize them for it.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

This happens in sports all the time. If it didn’t, there would be no reason to play the games.

it does not happen all the time that a team as good as the Women’s US Soccer team get eliminated as early as they did. This is like the New England Patriots not even making the playoffs because they lost a game to the Miami Dolphins.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Possessed said:

I just think it’s a little harsh to say that anybody who does something better than you could ever dream about doing should be ashamed of themselves for not doing it well enough.

Or doing it poorly one time.

So tell me, if the Cubs were a eliminated this year by the Phillies, would you say it would wrong to say they should be ashamed of themselves?

They lost an elimination game to an inferior team. It is not wrong to criticize them for it.

Poor analogy since the Cubs will not be playing in the Wild Card game and the Phillies won’t be playing in October.

Regardless, it’s just a sport. I’ve lived 42 years without a Cubs title, I can make it another 42 years without talking about a bunch of athletes who should be shamed for losing a game.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

it does not happen all the time that a team as good as the Women’s US Soccer team get eliminated as early as they did. This is like the New England Patriots not even making the playoffs because they lost a game to the Miami Dolphins.

Granted, but so what?

You take sports too seriously.

Author
Time

Am I the only one here who doesn’t really care about the Olympics? I mean, some of the games are fun to watch, but I don’t really care whether or not my country is winning all the sports.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Dek Rollins said:

Am I the only one here who doesn’t really care about the Olympics? I mean, some of the games are fun to watch, but I don’t really care whether or not my country is winning all the sports.

Ditto.

Author
Time

Dek Rollins said:

I’m quite sure you’re far from the only one here who doesn’t care about sports one bit.

Author
Time

yhwx said:

Dek Rollins said:

Ditto.

Although I will say it’s sad you guys both like anime and don’t like the Olympics. That’s objectively wrong.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

Granted, but so what?

you know what? it is obvious that you are misguided about sports. Since I think I’ve explained this to you in the past and you didn’t get it, I am not going to waste multiple pages explaining why. So for now on, whenever the subject of sports comes up I am just going to tell you that you are wrong, and refuse to explain why.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

Dek Rollins said:

Ditto.

Although I will say it’s sad you guys both like anime and don’t like the Olympics. That’s objectively wrong.

That last sentence should be directed at you.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

Granted, but so what?

you know what? it is obvious that you are misguided about sports. Since I think I’ve explained this to you in the past and you didn’t get it, I am not going to waste multiple pages explaining why. So for now on, whenever the subject of sports comes up I am just going to tell you that you are wrong, and refuse to explain why.

That’s fine with me. I know I’m not wrong anyway.

Author
Time

Oh, I like sports, and I care minimally about the outcomes, just out of basic interest. I just don’t think sports, and the Olympics particularly, are really as important as some people make them out to be.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Dek Rollins said:

Oh, I like sports, and I care minimally about the outcomes, just out of basic interest. I just don’t think sports, and the Olympics particularly, are really as important as some people make them out to be.

Which is what I’m trying to tell Warbler.

Author
Time

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

Dek Rollins said:

Ditto.

I don’t see any reason to lie to myself.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

Granted, but so what?

That’s fine with me. I know I’m not wrong anyway.

I would make Warbler’s bit here.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

Dek Rollins said:

Ditto.

You already are with your anime phobia.

Author
Time

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

Dek Rollins said:

Ditto.

I don’t have an irrational fear of it, I have a clear-minded understanding of how bad it is.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

Dek Rollins said:

Ditto.

I don’t have an irrational fear of it, I have a clear-minded understanding of how bad it is.

You also seem to be delusional as well.

Author
Time

I’m not the one who thinks the forum isn’t worse off with MathUser here.

Author
Time

I don’t get what’s so bad about MathUser.

Author
Time

The only sport I really follow is football (the european original version - soccer as you call it -, not your weird version that ended up being a very good tvseries and one of the best Oliver Stone’s movies), and I’m lucky enough to be a DFB (german football federation) fan ('cause I’m french with recent german origins), which means this year there are 2 teams I support that have reached the semi-finals so far. Very glad Sweden got rid of USA (best women’s football team with a terrible human being as their goalkeeper) so there might be room for Germany (die “Frauenschaft”) to get Gold for the first time. The same goes with the men’s junior team (only happened once, with DDR, 40 years ago). So far the medal count is very low for France and Germany so I hope “we” will at least get those two medals.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Dek Rollins said:

you’re wrong and I refuse to explain why.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Dek Rollins said:

you’re wrong and I refuse to explain why.

That’s cool.

Author
Time

MalàStrana said:

USA (best women’s football team with a terrible human being as their goalkeeper)

I’ll agree with this description.