logo Sign In

2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games — Page 5

Author
Time

MalàStrana said:

The only sport I really follow is football (the european original version - soccer as you call it -, not your weird version that ended up being a very good tvseries and one of the best Oliver Stone’s movies), and I’m lucky enough to be a DFB (german football federation) fan ('cause I’m french with recent german origins), which means this year there are 2 teams I support that have reached the semi-finals so far. Very glad Sweden got rid of USA (best women’s football team with a terrible human being as their goalkeeper) so there might be room for Germany (die “Frauenschaft”) to get Gold for the first time. The same goes with the men’s junior team (only happened once, with DDR, 40 years ago). So far the medal count is very low for France and Germany so I hope “we” will at least get those two medals.

I used to be completely against world football (soccer) but in recent years I’ve come to enjoy it a little. It cannot replace the big four for me (American football, baseball, basketball, and hockey in no particular order) but I’ve come to appreciate it more.

With that said, I don’t care too much about major sports in the Olympics. I can watch world football, golf, basketball any time. I’d rather watch swimming, diving, track and field, etc.

But no horses. Horses don’t belong in the Olympics.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Dek Rollins said:

Oh, I like sports, and I care minimally about the outcomes, just out of basic interest. I just don’t think sports, and the Olympics particularly, are really as important as some people make them out to be.

Which is what I’m trying to tell Warbler.

you’re wrong and I refuse to explain why.

An eye for an eye, an argumentative stalling technique for an argumentative stalling technique?

Author
Time

I don’t think they are judging the horses in the equestrian events as much as they are the riders.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

I don’t think they are judging the horses in the equestrian events as much as they are the riders.

That’s what they want you to think.

Author
Time

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Dek Rollins said:

Oh, I like sports, and I care minimally about the outcomes, just out of basic interest. I just don’t think sports, and the Olympics particularly, are really as important as some people make them out to be.

An eye for an eye, an argumentative stalling technique for an argumentative stalling technique?

It only works if both people care.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Dek Rollins said:

It only works if both people care.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TVS FRINK COMPUTER CARES LESS THAN FRINK CARES COMMA WHICH IS TO SAY TVS FRINK COMPUTER NEGATIVE CARES

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

TVS FRINK COMPUTER CARES LESS THAN FRINK CARES COMMA WHICH IS TO SAY TVS FRINK COMPUTER NEGATIVE CARES

So Frink did one of those uploading your consciousness to the cloud things?

Author
Time

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

What?

Your comment implies that TVS FRINKS COMPUTER is a different entity than Frink.

Well I don’t know about that cloud consciousness nonsense but of course TVS FRINK COMPUTER is a separate entity.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

What?

Well I don’t know about that cloud consciousness nonsense but of course TVS FRINK COMPUTER is a separate entity.

Wait, so are two people using your account? Team account, everyone!

Author
Time

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

What?

I won’t believe Team Olie is back until I see the Frinky-Dinkens avatar on here again.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Dek Rollins said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

What?

I won’t believe Team Olie is back until I see the Frinky-Dinkens avatar on here again.

Olié, people.

Author
Time

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

What?

Two people are using my body.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

They should be ashamed for not playing as well as they can.

This happens in sports all the time. If it didn’t, there would be no reason to play the games.

it does not happen all the time that a team as good as the Women’s US Soccer team get eliminated as early as they did. This is like the New England Patriots not even making the playoffs because they lost a game to the Miami Dolphins.

Granted, but so what?

You take sports too seriously.

As signified by this:

Warbler said:

That said:

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

But no horses. Horses don’t belong in the Olympics.

So no jousting?

No horse jousting. Birds are acceptable.

I thought e-sports were somewhere else.

Birds are actual things. Unlike good anime.

I thought you were referencing this.

I played that plenty but it’s not a real thing, it’s a “video game.”

http://unnecessaryquotes.com

Author
Time
 (Edited)

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

They should be ashamed for not playing as well as they can.

This happens in sports all the time. If it didn’t, there would be no reason to play the games.

it does not happen all the time that a team as good as the Women’s US Soccer team get eliminated as early as they did. This is like the New England Patriots not even making the playoffs because they lost a game to the Miami Dolphins.

Granted, but so what?

You take sports too seriously.

As signified by this:

Warbler said:

That said:

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

There’s nothing wrong with quoting The Simpsons.