Hi there folks!
Watched the Empire Strikes Back GOUT last week and came up with a few suggestions which may be of interest/use. Apologies if they've been mentioned before, though I have done my best to check.
1) I was always slightly disturbed that upon Luke's crash he doesn't seem concerned with Dack (OK fair enough it may be obvious he's dead but...) and appears to just grab the grappling hook just before the walker mash! It might help this scene a tad if one of the "Daaackk!?" lines from the scene where Dack is shot is taken out, and then inserted as Luke is rummaging in the downed snow speeder, prior to jumping out the way in the nick of time. It would show Luke is double-checking if Dack is really a corpse, and add a bit of... I dunno... loyalty to one's co-pilot in this scene, rather than Luke just searching for the hook and that's all.
2) After the generator on Hoth is blown up, is it possible to make the lights dim momentarily in the corridor that Han is rushing through, to show the instant before the emergency lights kick in? Or perhaps if possible add a reddish tint to the corridor scenes to indicate emergency power?
3) After the first walker is downed, notice the walker behind it - the head swings around in an EXTREMELY fake manner. Perhaps this could be slowed down or altered in some way? I think more laser fire from these walkers would also intensify the situation a little - like the near constant barrage of laser-fire in the Genosis fight in Episode II?
4) When Luke is trudging through the snow and then turns around to see the Falcon make her escape, the timing is slightly off as he follows her path. Is this fixable?
5) The Vader in the cave scene has always been pretty spooky, but I think it could be enhanced more. After the head has been severed and rolled to a stop, a nice scarey hissing sound of breath escaping the mouth would add to the atmosphere, as would some whisps of smoke from the neck stump, and curling out of the nostrals and mouth - reckon this would really ramp up the shocking nature of this scene, in the same way Adywan did to the severed arm in the Cantina scene in ANH-R. Maybe white out his eyeballs as well or have them sith-coloured?
6) When one of the holographic images of a star destroyer captain meets his demise due to an asteroid strike, perhaps add a Wilheim scream as his image flickers out?...
7) There should be some kind of alarm noise in the background of the star destroyer scenes to indicate the high-alert/danger status of something that big flying through an asteroid field!!!
8) Backing up a tad, in the "doors must be closed" scene, you can see the doors closing behind Chewie just before they are meant to close! They then start again in the close up!!! Can these be 'frozen' somehow in this scene to correct continuity?
Hope some of this helps Adywan - cannae wait to see this edit :)