- Added Leia training with Luke as a flashback, as per rocknroll41’s suggestion. This uses Leia’s purple saber by skenera
- Removed all references to Kylo being named Supreme Leader
- Removed the First Order storming the base. The last we see of Kylo is him screaming in defeat
- Removed Rey meeting Poe Dameron. Just feels like setup
- Removed Rey and Leia’s lines about “rebuilding the Rebellion”
- Added both the Star Destroyer montage and Rey at the Skywalker home from TROS
- Removed Leia’s ghost from the end of TROS
I think you should have left Kylo being name Supreme leader and storming the base scenę, or part of it at least, when he grabs the lucky dice of His dad. Making him the Supreme leader for like one day Just to lose it all, would even make His failure more complete and tragical. And the moment the dice dissapear his from His hand could be the moment he truly realizes he Just lost and that Luke was right.
About Rey meeting Poe, i wouldnt consider it a set up necesarily. For me its Just the moment they finally meet After first 2 films. Its like “finally”.
I m also wondering if its possible to change rebuilding the Rebellion into rebuilding the Republic 😉
About the ending, did you consider maybe using the idea from the other thread, with the gang being on the Falcon playing chess (from the beggining of the TROS)?
I still havent watched the fanedit So Just out of curiosity, where did you introduce the flashback? 😃
Anyway, i Just rewatched TLJ yesterday and yeah, i think this movie could actually work better as the Last Episode than TROS. So much.
Your first two suggestions I had kept in when first showing friends and they just didn’t quite work for me, though I may still try to reincorporate some of the last Kylo scene in V2.
The chess idea sounds good and I’ll see how well I can get it to fit!
I put the flashback just when Luke and Leia connect through the force