(IN THE WORKS)
Third installment in Grindhouse series after:
I’ve tried to do something with Logan just to see, that I have not enough heart for that movie (or maybe it doesn’t really fit for the feel I try to achieve with those edits). So it was canceled and the next installment in this series of edits will be one of my all time favourite movies and still the best game-to-screen adaptation I’ve seen - Mortal Kombat.
This one certainly fits into this series concept, so there won’t be problem here as were with Logan. This is also a movie I was a fan since its premiere back in 1995. Still love it and don’t even think I can improve on it. But since I’ve seen it countless times, there may be a room for some tweaking just to have an alternate version to enjoy. This one won’t be as experimental as Machete, I’m not sure if any additional footage outside of original movie will be used here.
Here’s what I am planning to do.
- apply grindhouse look to entire movie (should look better than JLG, since I am now using much more overlays).
- rescore some scenes (especially fight scenes) using various pieces of music including some themes from classic MK games (1-3).
- few little cuts - there are some scenes I don’t like (like the one with random guys being thrown to the ground by Goro).
- some sfx from the games here and there
- maybe some blood effects, not sure about that yet.
The goal, as always, is to have something a little more funny.
And here’s the WIP, rough version of the opening credits created for this edit: