Sign In

The Force Awakens Fan Edit Ideas - ** SPOILERS ** — Page 14

Author
Time

I get that it’s trying to get that innocent New Hope feel, but Christ even that had politics (meeting) and this is episode 7. We need it, especially going forward. If it isn’t explained in greater depth in the later films it’s going to have to be put in.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Author
Time

The state of the galaxy was clearly explained in STAR WARS and was clearly stated in TPM so not having it in TFA is…odd and it’s hard to care about the fate of a galaxy you don’t know enough about.

But on the flip side with the destruction of the Hosnian System and the Republic Fleet The First Order is on their way to winning the war.

Author
Time

When I saw it in the cinema I thought Hosnia was Coruscant.
I thought this was rather a bold move considering the role the place played in the PT and the EU but too much like JJ Vulcan, which itself was a riff on Alderaan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Same! I turned to the guy I was watching it with and was like, “erm was that Coruscant? Because if it was I think its complete and utter decimation deserved a bit more attention.”

The film was that level confusing.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Author
Time

I was actually wondering why it wasn’t Coruscant…

Author
Time

Same.

"Right now the coffees are doing their final work." (Airi, Masked Rider Den-o episode 1)

Author
Time

I’m hoping the answer turns out to be that they’ve done something that’s actually interesting with the fate of Coruscant. Whether or not that will be in the films as opposed to other media will probably depend on whether Rian and Colin are as reluctant to use anything (essentially) from the SE/PT era.

Author
Time

Originally, Poe Dameron was supposed to die in the crash on the desert planet. The screenwriters revised the script at the last minute so that Poe Dameron mysteriously survives and is reintroduced late in the film it is very jarring. Also, restore all the deleted scenes that explain the confusing political situation.

Author
Time

Scott109 said:

Originally, Poe Dameron was supposed to die in the crash on the desert planet. The screenwriters revised the script at the last minute so that Poe Dameron mysteriously survives and is reintroduced late in the film it is very jarring. Also, restore all the deleted scenes that explain the confusing political situation.

The revision was pretty early on in the script writing process. There were scenes filmed of Poe waking up after the crash and then his eventual escape from Jakku

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

Also, this is a fanedit thread. Are you suggesting removing him from all subsequent scenes after the TIE crash?

Author
Time

Also, he’s Poe fricking Dameron. He’s the Galaxy’s most dashing man. Women love him. Men… also love him.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

But we really don’t know if Lando is alive or not, and we may never know, so Schrödinger’s Lando; Poe both is and is not “the galaxy’s most dashing man.”

The Drink in Question

Author
Time

You know the one thing that pisses me off about this film? One thing I would change above all else. Forget the deleted scenes, the frantic pace or the exposition: the trash-compacter gag has to go.

I mean, what we’re they thinking? It makes so little logical sense it goes full circle and becomes funny again. In fact, all of these nods to the OT need to go. They were great n all in the theatre, but I have a feeling they’ll look so bad in the years to come that Lucasfilm might even rid them off the Bluray release.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Author
Time

dkeighobadi said:

You know the one thing that pisses me off about this film? One thing I would change above all else. Forget the deleted scenes, the frantic pace or the exposition: the trash-compacter gag has to go.

You mean when Han suggested to throw Phasma into the trash compacter? I hope not because even though I thoroughly enjoyed the film there are far more important errors that need to be rectified.

Author
Time

so now that we are close to the release, i have been planning my edit of the movie. i just thought that i would run my version of the crawl passed you guys to see what you think, if there are places that need improvement or rewording:

A new evil has emerged. The sinister
FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes
of the Empire. Armed with the
destructive power of the Starkiller
weapon, they have vowed to take
control of the galaxy.

Determined to protect the Republic,
a brave RESISTANCE stands against
this growing threat. Led by General
Leia Organa, they have been in search
of the last Jedi, Luke Skywalker, in
hopes that he will assist them in
restoring peace and justice to the
galaxy.

Sensing and end to their quest, General
Organa has sent her most daring pilot
to Jakku, where and old ally holds a
key to the location of the missing
Jedi…

“You can’t polish a turd. But you can shape it to look like candy.”

Author
Time

Jackpumpkinhead said:

so now that we are close to the release, i have been planning my edit of the movie. i just thought that i would run my version of the crawl passed you guys to see what you think, if there are places that need improvement or rewording:

A new evil has emerged. The sinister
FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes
of the Empire. Armed with the
destructive power of the Starkiller
weapon, they have vowed to take
control of the galaxy.

Determined to protect the Republic,
a brave RESISTANCE stands against
this growing threat. Led by General
Leia Organa, they have been in search
of the last Jedi, Luke Skywalker, in
hopes that he will assist them in
restoring peace and justice to the
galaxy.

Sensing and end to their quest, General
Organa has sent her most daring pilot
to Jakku, where and old ally holds a
key to the location of the missing
Jedi…

Awesome, but the Luke Skywalker has vanished seems more severe than yours that just says he is missing

Author
Time

MrToad883 said:

Jackpumpkinhead said:

so now that we are close to the release, i have been planning my edit of the movie. i just thought that i would run my version of the crawl passed you guys to see what you think, if there are places that need improvement or rewording:

A new evil has emerged. The sinister
FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes
of the Empire. Armed with the
destructive power of the Starkiller
weapon, they have vowed to take
control of the galaxy.

Determined to protect the Republic,
a brave RESISTANCE stands against
this growing threat. Led by General
Leia Organa, they have been in search
of the last Jedi, Luke Skywalker, in
hopes that he will assist them in
restoring peace and justice to the
galaxy.

Sensing and end to their quest, General
Organa has sent her most daring pilot
to Jakku, where and old ally holds a
key to the location of the missing
Jedi…

Awesome, but the Luke Skywalker has vanished seems more severe than yours that just says he is missing

Nice crawl but the first line “Luke Skywalker has vanished” is so epic and nice. Unlike others I do like the theatrical crawl best. I don’t mind the focus on Luke and Leia.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

darthrush said:
Nice crawl but the first line “Luke Skywalker has vanished” is so epic and nice.

My sentiments exactly. It draws you into the film immediately.

Author
Time

Lord Haseo said:

darthrush said:
Nice crawl but the first line “Luke Skywalker has vanished” is so epic and nice.

My sentiments exactly. It draws you into the film immediately.

Agreed 100%. Personally the only thing I would change is adding in the 20th century fox to beginning, fixing the graflex lightsaber sounds to match episode V, and adding in deleted scenes if they seem necessary ( and if the timestamp and watermark can be removed of course)

Author
Time

And if I had one biggest addition for TFA it would be added musical cues throughout the entire film. I have had a problem which is that I think the acting, writing, and overall execution of Hans Death is better than the prequels but I still find the Anakin/Obi Wan confrontation and the immolation scene more emotional. It might be cause I have seen it more, the incredible score might give it that extra push but I feel with right editing TFA lack of emotion and story importance could be drastically improved. ROTS just felt more real and had stakes and was emotionally driven whereas during the Force Awakens Rey never really fails miserably unlike Anakin in episode 3 who has a shit storm thrown on him and its beautifully tragic to witness. That’s what is lacking and a fanedit can hopefully do is make the story elements and emotional connection to the story greater. TFA just felt too light but as the first film of the trilogy once episodes 8 and 9 have run their course I might look at episode 7 a lot differently.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives