Sign In

The 'Alarm' Thread

Author
Time

How do you wake up?

One alarm or five?

Have you ever been alarmed?
Have you ever been allarmed?

Author
Time

Alarms spanning one hour, ten minutes apart. I’m usually up by the :40 alarm, but not always.

But for the past month it’s been one of my cats walking across my face meowing for attention about an hour before my first alarm.

ChainsawAsh disappears a lot - bkev

Author
Time

This is my alarm. Once in the morning to wake me up and give me a heart attack for the day.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Alarms spanning one hour, ten minutes apart. I’m usually up by the :40 alarm, but not always.

Pretty similar here.

I hate getting up.

In college I remember I had to put my alarm across the room so that I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Otherwise I would consistently turn it off in my sleep. This was before cell phones were a common thing.

It worked well, except once or twice I rather hurt myself getting down from the top bunk in a sleepy stupor. I usually aimed for the couch or recliner when sliding down, but at least once my foot went between the arm and the cushion, where all the metal recliner buts are. That freaking hurt.

I still occasionally sleep through my alarms.

Author
Time

dahmage said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Alarms spanning one hour, ten minutes apart. I’m usually up by the :40 alarm, but not always.

Pretty similar here.

I hate getting up.

In college I remember I had to put my alarm across the room so that I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Otherwise I would consistently turn it off in my sleep. This was before cell phones were a common thing.

It worked well, except once or twice I rather hurt myself getting down from the top bunk in a sleepy stupor. I usually aimed for the couch or recliner when sliding down, but at least once my foot went between the arm and the cushion, where all the metal recliner buts are. That freaking hurt.

I still occasionally sleep through my alarms.

…you and I aren’t the same person, are we?

ChainsawAsh disappears a lot - bkev

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

dahmage said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Alarms spanning one hour, ten minutes apart. I’m usually up by the :40 alarm, but not always.

Pretty similar here.

I hate getting up.

In college I remember I had to put my alarm across the room so that I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Otherwise I would consistently turn it off in my sleep. This was before cell phones were a common thing.

It worked well, except once or twice I rather hurt myself getting down from the top bunk in a sleepy stupor. I usually aimed for the couch or recliner when sliding down, but at least once my foot went between the arm and the cushion, where all the metal recliner buts are. That freaking hurt.

I still occasionally sleep through my alarms.

…you and I aren’t the same person, are we?

Only one way to find out. Punch yourself in the face and I’ll see if I feel anything.

Author
Time

dahmage said:

ChainsawAsh said:

dahmage said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Alarms spanning one hour, ten minutes apart. I’m usually up by the :40 alarm, but not always.

Pretty similar here.

I hate getting up.

In college I remember I had to put my alarm across the room so that I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Otherwise I would consistently turn it off in my sleep. This was before cell phones were a common thing.

It worked well, except once or twice I rather hurt myself getting down from the top bunk in a sleepy stupor. I usually aimed for the couch or recliner when sliding down, but at least once my foot went between the arm and the cushion, where all the metal recliner buts are. That freaking hurt.

I still occasionally sleep through my alarms.

…you and I aren’t the same person, are we?

Only one way to find out. Punch yourself in the face and I’ll see if I feel anything.

…ow.

ChainsawAsh disappears a lot - bkev

Author
Time

Nope nothing. But I am feeling hungry.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

well, then we got some kinda freaky friday thing going on.

but, no cause for alarm, that is quite normal around here.