Star Wars: Leftovers is a collection that includes every piece of unused and deleted footage from Star Wars (1977) from a variety of sources. I’ve searched far and wide to collate every sliver and every frame and line that has not been used in any version of the film.
SW: Leftovers features raw footage shot on set without sound design, visual effects or any finalised editing. Some sections do feature John William’s score in sections where it would have of been silent, as the original source either had no sound or narration from Empire of Dreams.
This only includes genuine footage that was shot for the film, and not behind the scenes material or on-set B-Roll. It also doesn’t incorperate the footage into the film itself like “the lost cut” but presents all the footage on its own as a sort of long form compilation.
Runtime is 43 minutes and 49 seconds.
Here are the first 5 minutes
- Empire of Dreams (Dream Edition as made by Neothebird based on a Blu-Ray Screener)
- The Making of Star Wars by JW Rinzer (eBook clips used)
- The Birth of the Lightsaber Featurette (2004 Box Set Bonus Material Disc)
- Original Trilogy Outtakes (2004 Box Set Bonus Material Disc Easter Egg)
- Discoveries from Inside: Hologram & Bloopers (2019 Revenge of the Sith Blu-Ray)
- Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Episode I-III Archive Disc (Ewan Macgregor Interview)
- Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Episode IV-VI Archive Disc (featurettes listed)
- Aboard the Death Star Overview, Battle of Yavin Overview, Holochess Set (from 2011 BR Saga)
- Deleted Scenes (from 2011 BR Saga)
- The Skywalker Legacy (Rise of Skywalker Bonus Disc Documentary)
- From Star Wars to Jedi (16mm Scan by TN1)
- THX Wow! Laserdisc (1990 Lucasfilm Demo Disc)
- Revenge of the Sith Teaser (an upscaled SD version and a 35mm TN1 scan were combined)
- Star Wars Celebration 2017 (footage of Gold Leader outtakes and the extended DS conference cleaned up by Jamie Benning)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic CD-Rom (brief clips from the Cantina)
- Star Wars: 2011 and 2019 Blu-Ray discs (used to recontruct Jabba scene)
- Star Wars: 4k77 v1.4 no-DNR (borrowed opening fanfare)
These were only used for the Jabba scene, as I couldn’t source much of the Declan Mullholland footage myself
- Star Wars: Deleted Magic (Garrett Gilchrist Documentary)
- Star Wars Begins (Jamie Benning Documentary)