Rewatch “A new hope” with a more modern look. Locations, characters and soundtrack are more consistent with the other movies of the saga.
- Despecialized edition
- Telecine’s SFX for some blaster shots.
- 2019 version
- Complete color correction. I want it to be more in line with other movies (Rogue One’s Death Star, Mandalorian’s Tatooine, TFA’s Falcon) and to keep a consistent look in the whole saga as much as I can.
- New music tracks from other movies and a couple from the Harry Potter movies.
- Enhanced engines, lightsabers, etc.
- New crawl. The Battle of Scarif, Coruscant, Palpatine and the Senate are mentioned.
- New atmosphere for Tatooine, inspired by the Mandalorian.
- Enhanced ships’ lasers.
- Added twin suns in a couple shots.
- The explosion on the Tantive is removed.
- Added Prequels music during the stormtroopers assault.
- Added Imperial March to Vader’s appearance.
- Recolored Tantive IV
- Replaced music as the Star Destroyer leaves Tatooine
- Shortened and recolored 3PO/R2 scene in the desert.
- Added Prequels music as R2 is captured by Jawas, to increase tension.
- Removed 3PO being approached by the Sandcrawler (to enhance pacing and make the audience wonder what happened to him).
- Enhanced Leia’s hologram
- Removed CG rock in front of R2
- Removed Ben saying that he doesn’t remember owning a droid.
- Restructured Ben’s hut scene (= Adywan’s)
- Enhanced lightsaber
- Enhanced Star Destroyer’s engine
- Recolored Death Star council room
- Added Harry Potter and Prequels music track
- Shortened Mos Eisley’s reveal
- Removed Ronto
- Added Imperial propaganda message inside Cantina
- Recolored Cantina
- Han shoots first. Greedo doesn’t shoot at all
- Recolored Imperial officers’ uniform with green tones, more in line with Rogue One and the Mandalorian
- Removed Jabba scene
- Recolored Falcon’s interior to be more similar to TFA. Recolored lights inside cockpit.
- Cut Han saying that he knows some maneuvers
- Added atmosphere to Alderaan
- Enhanced Alderaan’s explosion
- Added Prequels music
- New music tracks during first Luke “training” inside the Falcon
- Enhanced lightsaber
- Enhanced chess hologram
- Replaced Imperial officer telling Tarkin about the rebel base with a hologram
- Added Falcon in hyperspace establighing shot
- Added force field to Death Star hangar
- Added some new music tracks
- Recolored Death Star areas. Some corridors are blue (similar to Rebels scenes inside Star Destroyers), others are darker and black (similar to some Clone Wars and videogames style).
- Cut trash compactor one-eyed monster
- Restructured chasing sequence in order to remove stormtroopers running away from Han, and Han being overrun. I never liked that scene.
- Enhanced lightsabers during duel and added music tracks.
- Moved Luke mourning Ben to after the Tie fighters sequence.
- Added shot of the Falcon going to hyperspace, and Death Star establishing shot to introduce Tarkin/Vader
- Added sun to Yavin to many space shots
- New atmosphere for Yavin
- Recolored Yavin’s nature and temple
- Recolored X-Wing’s engines
- Added music tracks during the battle
- Enhanced displays and lasers
- Recolored entire battle (less flat, Death Star is more grey, fighters interiors slightly more blue)
- Recolored Yavin control room
- Added battle hologram to all Leia scenes
- Added “Hope” track last part when Vader leaves
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels). I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
PM me for links if interested.