My name is walkingdork and over 5 years ago, I joined MySpleen for one thing only...STAR WARS! I am now an administrator there and I am working to restore MySpleen to its former Star Wars glory. Many old torrents are still there but are unseeded.
I would like to personally invite the OT community back to MySpleen. Please feel free to upload any and all Star Wars content (fan edit/projects, preservations, etc) that is not already available.
We have recently switched to .org and have freeleech sitewide. We aren't too worried about ratios, we just want old and new content to stay available. If you don't have an account or have lost your password, contact me and I can help you out. You can also request an invite in our forums.
If you have questions, comments, complaints about me or MySpleen, feel free to ask. If this is in anyway breaking the rules or upsetting staff, I apologize in advance. Feel free to edit or delete this post if necessary.
- Anything you download should really be seeded until you have at least a ratio of 1.0+ for that torrent OR you have been seeding it for at least 72 hours. That's the minimum effort required to be an acceptable member.
- Don't delete your account unless you are sure you are never going use it again. Deleting your account and requesting a new invite later is ratio evasion and frowned upon in the torrent community. There's no reason for it and I've turned down several requests for a second account.
- Keep a good overall ratio or at least keep torrents seeded. I and other staff are less worried about your ratio when we can see that you are at least attempting to fix it. Don't be afraid to download a torrent that may hurt you ratio, just be willing to seed it so others can have access to it as well.
Tips to get your ratio up:
- Seed. Keeping your torrents seeded is the easiest and most obvious way to bring up your ratio. If no one is downloading from you because the torrent is old or unpopular just wait, someone will download it eventually.
-Take advantage of freeleech. Freeleech is when downloading will not count against your ratio (but upload still will). Myspleen has freeleech quite often. We have freeleech for holidays, special events, and sometimes just for the fun of it.
-Take advantage of torrents that have stars or clock icons. Starred torrents are freeleech for as long as they are starred (usually forever) and new torrents with stop watch icons are freeleech for the first week.
-Take advantage of Upload Multipliers. Each torrent has an Upload Multiplier which gives bonus upload depending on how old the torrent is (some of the oldest torrents have multipliers above 12x). The multiplier number is multiplied by the amount of upload and added to your stats.
So 5GB uploaded on a torrent with a upload multiplier of 2 will give you 10GB towards your ratio.
- Check out the Home page from time to time for news and updates. Sometimes we have contests for prizes and I'll soon be putting up some opportunities for upload prizes.
If there are any questions, comments, or complaints I'd love to hear them. :)
If you want a Myspleen invite, just PM me and ask.