Sign In

Going away? Post so here! — Page 64

Author
Time

*sigh*


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Yeah I don’t know if there’s much point in me being around if most of the people I like to hang out with aren’t around either we shall see.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

I’m not leaving, but I think I’ll be posting less frequently from now on.

Yeah like I said I’ll see. I’m not stating that I’m leaving either but I am sad to see so many interesting people leave

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I like fan editing too much to up and leave, but this whole thing stinks.

This feels like the snap from Infinity War.

DESTROY ALL JEDI

My name is Sprite Pepsi and I’m abstinence till I die!

Author
Time

snooker said:

I like fan editing too much to up and leave, but this whole thing stinks.

This feels like the snap from Infinity War.

Intriguing comparison.

Does this mean we have to wait until April to find out?

Author
Time

Oh, wow… I just saw that a lot of folks were banned today. I’m a bit saddened by this, because this place has really helped me cope with a lot of stuff over the years, when all you need is a good laugh. Now, that’s not to say the experience has been perfect… I’ve felt a great range of emotions reading the posts here, but I don’t think a mass-banning was the right way to go about it.

I’ll definitely be posting less often, but then again there’s less to respond to.

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

snooker said:

I like fan editing too much to up and leave, but this whole thing stinks.

This feels like the snap from Infinity War.

Yeah, a bit.

Since it seems like I’ve survived the banhammer, I will say that I’ll be visiting the site more or less exclusively to follow projects like yours, Snooker. Glad to see you aren’t packing up and leaving.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Well today will be a day long remembered. Like Snooker said, it feels as if a snap just occurred. I know I haven’t been the most active member here in my short while (so far you can’t get rid of me that easily) but I’ve read many of the discussions here. To see so many long-time members drop out today… well I wish the Quantum Realm existed irl.

I didn’t fully follow everything, but I understand the gist of what happened. I think there was a lot of overreaction from both sides, but I’m not gonna put the blame of anyone. I will, however, remember the casualties.

I’ve changed my avatar to pay tribute.

Vader, a 7 in 1 edit of the entire Star Wars Saga

Maul, a clone wars edit

Author
Time

I didn’t have a chance to read the relevant political discussions, but in the past, Jay has seemed much more level-headed and pleasant to debate than Frink, Possessed, etc., so I’m not sure what to make of all this. It’s a shame the funnest contributors all got banned, but at the same time, people certainly do seem to be acting “like babies.”

Hopefully we’ll see a return to normalcy though. I’d be quite sad if the people I’ve gotten to know over the last few years end up permabanned because of all this ridiculousness.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

RicOlie_2 said:

I didn’t have a chance to read the relevant political discussions, but in the past, Jay has seemed much more level-headed and pleasant to debate than Frink, Possessed, etc., so I’m not sure what to make of all this. It’s a shame the funnest contributors all got banned, but at the same time, people certainly do seem to be acting “like babies.”

Hopefully we’ll see a return to normalcy though. I’d be quite sad if the people I’ve gotten to know over the last few years end up permabanned because of all this ridiculousness.

To be fair, I’ve let my emotions get the better of me during political discussions lately—not to the point of posting flagrant insults, but I did anger some folks when I rebuked someone in a less-than-flattering way. I posted my thoughts here:

https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1251173/action/topic#1251173

I haven’t made final decisions on the bans, but Collipso’s post to start that thread doesn’t bode well for his return.

originaltrilogy.com Administrator

The things you pwn end up pwning you.

Author
Time

Jay said:

To be fair, I’ve let my emotions get the better of me during political discussions lately—not to the point of posting flagrant insults, but I did anger some folks when I rebuked someone in a less-than-flattering way.

Lol, remember that time you accused me of being dishonest about my suicidal tendencies because, in your opinion, suicidal people don’t care enough about life to debate politics? Conveniently, that post of yours, along with the rest of the thread, is invisible now. People are not angry by your “less-than-flattering” behavior.

The Person in Question

Author
Time
 (Edited)

moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

To be fair, I’ve let my emotions get the better of me during political discussions lately—not to the point of posting flagrant insults, but I did anger some folks when I rebuked someone in a less-than-flattering way.

Lol, remember that time you accused me of being dishonest about my suicidal tendencies because, in your opinion, suicidal people don’t care enough about life to debate politics? Conveniently, that post of yours, along with the rest of the thread, is invisible now. People are not angry by your “less-than-flattering” behavior.

Here are our posts on the subject:



moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

Laugh more, you’ll live longer.

Why would anyone want to live longer?

This is why I don’t take you or your posts seriously.


Jay said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

Laugh more, you’ll live longer.

Why would anyone want to live longer?

This is why I don’t take you or your posts seriously.

I’m sure I’ll lose plenty of sleep over that. For what it’s worth, the reason no one here takes your posts seriously is because you’re unwilling to admit what you actually believe.

EDIT: Also, it’s kind of interesting that you shrug off people that want to die as not being worthy of getting taken seriously. What does that have to do with my statements on other things?

EDIT2: Not to mention, that’s another tactic I’ve noticed you use a lot. You just find some arbitrary reason to ignore people’s statements so that you don’t have to actually address them.


moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

Laugh more, you’ll live longer.

Why would anyone want to live longer?

This is why I don’t take you or your posts seriously.

I’m sure I’ll lose plenty of sleep over that. For what it’s worth, the reason no one here takes your posts seriously is because you’re unwilling to admit what you actually believe.

Ask me any question about any issue you’d like and I’ll tell you what I believe. Go ahead. List 10 issues — healthcare, abortion, guns, immigration, net neutrality, whatever — and you’ll find I do indeed lean left on some and right on others.

EDIT: Also, it’s kind of interesting that you shrug off people that want to die as not being worthy of getting taken seriously. What does that have to do with my statements on other things?

I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.


Jay said:

I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

Why do people think that my outlook is for the amusement or annoyance of others? Read my posts in this thread, it’s obvious that I think quality of life is shit and most people are equally shit. I think everything is more or less a lost cause. You don’t know shit about me, and I don’t know what makes you an expert on what people who don’t think life is worth living like to do.


TV’s Frink said:

Jay said:

I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

I find this post terribly irresponsible. What if you’re wrong?

That would be unfortunate. mfm should seek help, but he’s said repeatedly he won’t seek any form of treatment.

I’d like him to stop referencing the meaninglessness of life as if it’s a supporting argument. I’d also like him to stop mapping his feelings about life and death onto everyone else (“Why would anyone want to live longer?”). Whether he really wants to die or not, almost everyone else doesn’t. I won’t indulge that. Suicide has affected me personally several times. I can assure you I take it seriously.


Jay said:

TV’s Frink said:

Jay said:

I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

I find this post terribly irresponsible. What if you’re wrong?

That would be unfortunate. mfm should seek help, but he’s said repeatedly he won’t seek any form of treatment.

I’d like him to stop referencing the meaninglessness of life as if it’s a supporting argument. I’d also like him to stop mapping his feelings about life and death onto everyone else (“Why would anyone want to live longer?”). Whether he really wants to die or not, almost everyone else doesn’t. I won’t indulge that. Suicide has affected me personally several times. I can assure you I take it seriously.

I don’t like being referred to as though I’m not present. If you find me so objectionable then tell me, don’t talk to other people about me like I’m an animal or child.


moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

TV’s Frink said:

Jay said:

I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

I find this post terribly irresponsible. What if you’re wrong?

That would be unfortunate. mfm should seek help, but he’s said repeatedly he won’t seek any form of treatment.

I’d like him to stop referencing the meaninglessness of life as if it’s a supporting argument. I’d also like him to stop mapping his feelings about life and death onto everyone else (“Why would anyone want to live longer?”). Whether he really wants to die or not, almost everyone else doesn’t. I won’t indulge that. Suicide has affected me personally several times. I can assure you I take it seriously.

I don’t like being referred to as though I’m not present. If you find me so objectionable then tell me, don’t talk to other people about me like I’m an animal or child.

I was responding to Frink’s post, hence the third person reference. It wasn’t meant as an insult, but problems with perception vs. reality seems to be a recurring theme here.

I’m extending my previous decision not to respond to you regarding that single issue to all your posts from now on. I don’t believe you’re capable of rational discussion and won’t be drawn in further.


Jay said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Jay said:

TV’s Frink said:

Jay said:

I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

I find this post terribly irresponsible. What if you’re wrong?

That would be unfortunate. mfm should seek help, but he’s said repeatedly he won’t seek any form of treatment.

I’d like him to stop referencing the meaninglessness of life as if it’s a supporting argument. I’d also like him to stop mapping his feelings about life and death onto everyone else (“Why would anyone want to live longer?”). Whether he really wants to die or not, almost everyone else doesn’t. I won’t indulge that. Suicide has affected me personally several times. I can assure you I take it seriously.

I don’t like being referred to as though I’m not present. If you find me so objectionable then tell me, don’t talk to other people about me like I’m an animal or child.

I was responding to Frink’s post, hence the third person reference. It wasn’t meant as an insult, but problems with perception vs. reality seems to be a recurring theme here.

I’m extending my previous decision not to respond to you regarding that single issue to all your posts from now on. I don’t believe you’re capable of rational discussion and won’t be drawn in further.

You never really responded anyway. You’re unwilling to actually share what your real stance is. Reading your lies about not being a right-wing sympathizer isn’t really worth my time either.



That should be all of it. Edit: Added a few more.

originaltrilogy.com Administrator

The things you pwn end up pwning you.

Author
Time

Jay’s posts there seem perfectly reasonable to me, albeit somewhat harsh at the end.

Author
Time

I never went into the politics area, and it’s kind of ironic that by banning it, this crap has leeched its way into this section.

Maybe I’ll check back in a few weeks and see if things have cooled off…

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

Hi guys!!!

Nobody probably knows me. I mostly just lurk. I’ve been a member since '09 and lurker since '06. I’m 36 and not much of a SW fanboy anymore. I wrote an open letter to this forum a while ago (which seems to have been removed), when I started to see it become a bit cruddy (I think it was posted between TFA and Rogue One). At the time I defended Frink, but he became pretty self-righteous over the past couple years, and a lot of other people have as well. I defend Jay’s decision in temp-banning him the first time, and once I saw he was posting again, I figured it would all be downhill, which obviously it has been (and again, I defended the guy). Duracell is still funny, though. 😛

I can’t even remember any of my old posts as I scroll through them, because so much has changed in the world in such a short time. It all seems like ages ago. Most people have changed a lot.

This forum meltdown has been very frustrating to see. I believe people’s egos are getting in the way of things. I can see both sides to the issue, but telling people to drive into a tree is sooooo not cool.

[Jay said:]I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

Speaking as somebody who was just discharged from a psych clinic after an extended stay, this statement is very far from the truth.

It’s a Star Wars message board. Just chill (and seek some real world guidance if you think you need it.) Remember why you are here in the first place. Nobody needs to see 100% eye-to-eye on every single thing.

Again, it’s frustrating. Take care.

Author
Time

eiyosus said:

[Jay said:]I don’t take you seriously because I don’t believe you really want to die. People who think life isn’t worth living don’t spend their time debating topics that are largely about quality of life.

Speaking as somebody who was just discharged from a psych clinic after an extended stay, this statement is very far from the truth.

It was a stupid thing to say. mfm, I apologize. We may not agree on many things and I think the rest of the exchange has merit, but regardless of my own experiences, I don’t know yours and suggesting I know what’s going on in your head was wrong.

eiyosus, I’m glad you’re on the other end of treatment and hope you’re doing well.

originaltrilogy.com Administrator

The things you pwn end up pwning you.

Author
Time

I certainly agree with this:

This forum meltdown has been very frustrating to see. I believe people’s egos are getting in the way of things. I can see both sides to the issue, but telling people to drive into a tree is sooooo not cool.

But I think I should repeat what I said in another thread (which I thought was in this one, oddly enough):

Handman said:

I think we should just move on. There’s no use continuing the argument. Threads archived, users banned… It’s been settled. That goes for everybody. We all have our reasons for being upset, and to us, they’re just as valid as anybody else’s. But nothing productive will result from continually poking the bear.

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jay said:
It was a stupid thing to say. mfm, I apologize. We may not agree on many things and I think the rest of the exchange has merit, but regardless of my own experiences, I don’t know yours and suggesting I know what’s going on in your head was wrong.

eiyosus, I’m glad you’re on the other end of treatment and hope you’re doing well.

Heck yeah. That’s the kind of communication I’m talking about. Frackin’ egos are gonna be the death of us. 😛 I hope others can put things in perspective.

And thank you, Jay! So far so good.

Handman said:

I certainly agree with this:

This forum meltdown has been very frustrating to see. I believe people’s egos are getting in the way of things. I can see both sides to the issue, but telling people to drive into a tree is sooooo not cool.

But I think I should repeat what I said in another thread (which I thought was in this one, oddly enough):

Handman said:

I think we should just move on. There’s no use continuing the argument. Threads archived, users banned… It’s been settled. That goes for everybody. We all have our reasons for being upset, and to us, they’re just as valid as anybody else’s. But nothing productive will result from continually poking the bear.

“Change is the essential process of all existence.” - Mr. Spock