Sign In

Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker - Discussion NON SPOILER THREAD — Page 5

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

GlastoEls said:

ChainsawAsh said:

But did they officially announce an appearance in the film itself from that person?

Yes.

Except they didn’t, because that person literally just said in an interview that they aren’t in it.

JJ has said he’s so glad Ian’s presence on set didn’t leak. Kathleen Kennedy said that having Palps back was always on the cards for 9.

Author
Time

JJ also said Cumberbatch wasn’t Khan. Best to just go into the movie open minded instead of deciding for yourself how everything should be beforehand. Only 224 days left!

Author
Time

I love all the pics by Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair’s Star Wars issue. I really think they’re going to knock this one out of the park. The hype will be intense.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Was Edited on Set

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/06/the-rise-of-skywalker-edited-set.html

”When we did The Force Awakens, we started in May and we finished shooting in October, and we were out [the following] Christmas. For this film, we didn’t start until August, so we weren’t done until February shooting – so we have four months less time, and it’s a very big film. So I convinced J.J. to let me cut [The Rise of Skywalker] on the set. He was like, ‘No, we never do that.’… I had the [director of photography] right there to ask questions. If I needed a shot, or if J.J. decided we needed another shot, we would set up in a corner and get a green screen shot of something. Getting to know the cast and having them be comfortable with me, it was a really great way to understand what they were going through.”

https://www.carseywolf.ucsb.edu/pollock-events/star-trek-2009/ (TRoS @ 24:30)

Author
Time

https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-hall-d23/

Saturday, August 24

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what’s on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!

Author
Time

Will there be video of event D23?
I hope we see more of process of how Disney make films.

R4

Author
Time

mykyta-R4 said:

Will there be video of event D23?
I hope we see more of process of how Disney make films.

You’ll never see the real process by which modern Disney movies are made. You’ll see the version where everything went off without a hitch, cast and crew all got along swimmingly and everything was just wonderful.

Watch “The Sweatbox”, the unreleased documentary about the making of “The Emperor’s New Groove” if you want to see how Disney makes movies.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think The Last Jedi had a pretty good documentary on the making of the film , but I was very disappointed with the extras on the Rogue One Blu Ray as it seemed like nothing more than self congratulatory hype reels or a collection of short webisodes for what I thought was a great film and deserved better .In my opinion , the documentary , From Star Wars To Jedi The Making Of A Saga is the Gold Standard of all official Star Wars documentaries to date.

https://screamsinthevoid.deviantart.com/

Author
Time

Let’s hope Disney chills out a bit and allows Rogue One to be revisited down the road someday. What happened behind the scenes was minor compared to Solo, and an alternate cut of the film is money on the table.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

screams in the void said:

In my opinion , the documentary , From Star Wars To Jedi The Making Of A Saga is the Gold Standard of all official Star Wars documentaries to date.

What about Empire of Dreams?

I love Star Wars more, but Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner is my favorite making-of doc.

Author
Time

I thought Empire of Dreams was decent but dragged in places , I like the look into the creative process that From Star Wars To Jedi gives more though . I am surprised it has never been released on a modern format.I have a vhs copy of it that came with my 92 Widescreen Vhs boxset .And , yeah , Dangerous days was fantastic !

https://screamsinthevoid.deviantart.com/

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Rodney-2187 said:

screams in the void said:

In my opinion , the documentary , From Star Wars To Jedi The Making Of A Saga is the Gold Standard of all official Star Wars documentaries to date.

What about Empire of Dreams?

I love Star Wars more, but Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner is my favorite making-of doc.

Check out Hearts of Darkness (making of Apocalypse Now) and Burden of Dreams (making of Fitzcarraldo). Probably the two best “making of” docs ever made, both arguably better than the movies they document.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

screams in the void said:

I thought Empire of Dreams was decent but dragged in places , I like the look into the creative process that From Star Wars To Jedi gives more though . I am surprised it has never been released on a modern format.I have a vhs copy of it that came with my 92 Widescreen Vhs boxset .And , yeah , Dangerous days was fantastic !

They had to make room on the Blu Ray extras for all those previously released Robot Chicken sketches. 😛

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Rodney-2187 said:

screams in the void said:

In my opinion , the documentary , From Star Wars To Jedi The Making Of A Saga is the Gold Standard of all official Star Wars documentaries to date.

What about Empire of Dreams?

I love Star Wars more, but Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner is my favorite making-of doc.

Check out Hearts of Darkness (making of Apocalypse Now) and Burden of Dreams (making of Fitzcarraldo). Probably the two best “making of” docs ever made, both arguably better than the movies they document.

The Making Of Legend: Gone With The Wind is another great doc.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Rodney-2187 said:

screams in the void said:

In my opinion , the documentary , From Star Wars To Jedi The Making Of A Saga is the Gold Standard of all official Star Wars documentaries to date.

What about Empire of Dreams?

I love Star Wars more, but Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner is my favorite making-of doc.

Check out Hearts of Darkness (making of Apocalypse Now) and Burden of Dreams (making of Fitzcarraldo). Probably the two best “making of” docs ever made, both arguably better than the movies they document.

I agree that Hearts of Darkness is better than Apocalypse Now, but I’d still give the edge to Dangerous Days. I’ll have to check out Burden of Dreams. I love Werner Herzog.

Author
Time

I’d bet anybody anything that the music that will transition into the end credits is the ‘Binary Sunset/Force Theme.’

Author
Time
 (Edited)

As thematically pleasing as that would be, I really hope they don’t keep ending on the Force Theme in the Sequel Trilogy. It’s getting way too repetitive, with TLJ being the worst offender. TFA at least placed a spin (literally) on the ending bit of the motif.

“That said, there is nothing wrong with mocking prequel lovers and belittling their bad taste.” - Alderaan, 2017

MGGA (Make GOUT Great Again):
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Return-of-the-GOUT-Preservation-and-Restoration/id/55707