- Post link
We’re all familiar with Adywan and the STAR WARS: REVISITED series (or soon to be a series). I was wondering what any of you may think could use the “revisited” touch so to speak.
It may take me a while to get around to, but I plan on working on an ALIEN and DUNE: REVISITED to essentially recreate said films in a similar fashion as to what Ady has done for ANH. Not just simply correct goofs or continuity errors, but add in new FX work and new/alternate shots.
Here are my plans so far:
- Color Correction
- Continuity errors
- new star fields
- improved planet FX (clouds on distant shots, maybe enhancements in window views on LV-426 surface)
- Image Jittering
- enhanced computer screen images
- possibly add coccon scene (see details below); otherwise, it will be in essense the theatrical cut.
- This will be 720p: I want to use a hi-def source, so if I can’t find one from an HD channel I will be waiting for the blu-ray release.
- enhance some of the bass elements
- enhance/alter computer sound FX, especially some of the more “outlandish” sounds.
- Ridley Scott originally wanted Tomita to create the score; I may see if I can create an alternate score to try to emulate what something from Tomita at the time would have sounded like. Regardless, whether I do this or not, I will have a Goldsmith edition.
COMPUTER AWAKENS to LV-426 APPROACH:
- disappearing/appearing coffee mug will be fixed
- computer screens will get make-over; may consider altering consoles in some way to have more viewscreens and less switches.
- bouncing helmet in background will be stabilized/static.
- may add slight blue-grey tint to early part to emphasize below-zero atmosphere, as well as possible frost on some parts of computers. When the hypersleep chamber activates, the lighting will go from the bluish tint to the natural one to indicate heat and life.
- create new starfield outside Nostromo window views during Lamberts transmission scene
- enhance shots of Nostromo + Refinery (especially space areas around models)
LANDING ON LV-426:
- show LV-426 system entrance similar to RETURN OF THE JEDI when rebel fleet jumps to Endor - stars would slow and stop to indicate N+R slowing to sub-light, and the planet+moons in background will grow slowly in size to indicate movement,
- same FX enhancements in 2nd N+R “profile” shot
- smoke will be deleted when Nostromo detaches from docking arm
- enhanced starfield and other FX during Nostromo outer orbit approach
- adding background cloud layers behind/underneath Nostromo shots in atmosphere to better indicate depth and speed, or even replace all outside shots with new ones.
- removing control arm lowering Nostromo model
- bridge windows will be lit on both the right and left side in landing shot.
- may alter/enhance landing scene (specifically landing leg scene) to better explain the fireworks on the bridge.<span style=“text-decoration: underline;”></span>
- when Dallas states, “Kick in the floods”, the following shot has copper clouds (the original color of the atmosphere) - will be tinted blue to match all other outside color schemes.
- may alter astronauts to look even smaller in comparison to Nostromo landing legs and the Derelict.
- enhance/improve Nostromo bridge window FX
will try to recreate the overhead window above the Space Jockey per Giger’s original painting
will either insert new shot when Kane looks up or will at least use FX in existing shots to indicate a faint light source from above.
will consider altering the outer wall behind the Jockey to be circular per Giger’s painting, as well as add a layer of fog to match the later close-up sequences.
enhancing certain elements of the Derelict (such as making the tunnel Kane descends longer) to match internal scenes with external architecture.
may slow down Kane’s POV of the face-hugger so we can better see what is happening.
TAKE-OFF to END:
- new backgrounds in Nostromo model shots (especially the one before Parker says “Walk in the Park!”)
- new starfields when Nostromo is travelling faster than light
- computer monitors Ash is viewing will be enhanced
- early plotpoint had Ripley being Dallas’ lover; if possible, I will be “adding” Ripley laying beside Dallas when Ash calls him in the shuttle (this will set up the cocoon scene later if used)
- will slightly enhance sound FX during chestbursting - I always heard you can hear it eating at tendons underneath Kane’s chest; well, now you will…
- slight enhancements to Kane’s funeral scene (mostly starfields below model)
- background behind Brett will be color corrected to the original film’s appearance (the copper tone will be deleted)
- may make Brett smaller when standing beside landing leg
- enhancing/adding background details behind Brett and the Alien ala R2D2 scenes in ANH:R
- will do some slight editing to the “Dallas in the airshaft” sequence: the camera will close in on him as he descends the ladder, so when he turns the light towards us it will cut to the Alien jump scare (that way we won’t see the Alien stuck in the wall).
- color correcting to entire “Parker/Lambert are attacked” scene
- attempt to replace “Brett’s legs” with the proper attire Lambert is wearing (boots not sneakers) when the Alien’s tale moves up between her legs.
- if I add cocoon scene, it will be the original scene from the 1st dvd and will happen directly after Ripley finds Parker and Lambert dead.
- removing “camera tracks” in POV shot to ladder well.
- may enhance engine room scenes in some way
- may enhance Ripley’s final run to the shuttle (so it doesn’t look like someone with a flamethrower is shooting at her)
- will enhance/alter “refinery explosion”
- will edit “final showdown” in shuttle so Ripley’s actions happen simultaneously with the Alien emerging from the alcove.
I would also like to ask those of you who read this if you would like to contribute. Anyone who has skills in modeling, CGI FX, editing, etc is welcome to work on this, and naturally would be properly credited per any help or work done for this project - which would be greatly appreciated.
“You people must realize that the public owns you for life, and when you’re dead, you’ll all be in commercials dancing with vacuum cleaners.”
– Homer Simpson