logo Sign In

'97 vs. '04 (and '11) - Your preference? — Page 4

Author
Time

MathUser said:

Muppets vs CG. I’ll take CG.

Yeah but you keep saying “Emporer” so you’re clearly untrustworthy.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Neither of us knows the standards of beauty of that species, so who can say if it’s attractive or not. Since it’s in showbuisiness there’s a good chance it’s good looking.

Author
Time

Either way, you don’t know that it’d be unattractive. Do you think a mobster like Jabba would hire someone ugly to perform?

Author
Time

Jabba’s a deviant pervert. He probably stuck his tail in anything alive.

Author
Time

MathUser said:

Neither of us knows the standards of beauty of that species, so who can say if it’s attractive or not. Since it’s in showbuisiness there’s a good chance it’s good looking.

I like this quote.

Author
Time

Trying to decide whether or not to tell math that I used sexy sarcastically to articulate that the CGI looked like shit, or if I should keep letting him embarrass himself.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Wazzles said:

towne32 said:

Yeah, a couple shots in Jedi are still screwy as well. And the colors in the ANH duel are really inconsistent still.

That duel is at least watchable in the 2011 version.

You may change your mind if you were to go through it shot by shot. In a few shots, Ben’s saber is actually purple.
My preference, at least for ANH, is 1997 over 2011 because of the colors, though many of the scenes are still too green even in the 97 version. At least most of the gradients exist in the 97 edition, something I assure you isn’t the case for much of reel 6 in the 2011 version.

You probably don’t recognize me because of the red arm.
Episode 9 Rewrite, The Starlight Project (Released!) and ANH Technicolor Project (Released!)

Author
Time

One day you’ll discover that sarcasm isn’t always detectable via text.

Author
Time

If it’s done poorly, sure. That wasn’t the case this time.

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

Wazzles said:

towne32 said:

Yeah, a couple shots in Jedi are still screwy as well. And the colors in the ANH duel are really inconsistent still.

You may change your mind if you were to go through it shot by shot. In a few shots, Ben’s saber is actually purple.

And Vader’s is orange in a few of the shots right around that.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

NeverarGreat, can you add my quote about sarcasm to your signature?

Author
Time

Wazzles said:

towne32 said:

Wazzles said:

Knightmessenger said:

Did the blu-ray actually try to fix the colors from 2004? Besides the minor lightsaber fixes, did they try to make Hoth less blue or colors not quite as oversaturated?

Yes. Only the Hoth blue, though.

I wasn’t aware that they’d changed that between 04 and 11. But yeah, the films in general have the exact same color timing as in 2004.

I haven’t actually bothered to check, this is just what I’ve heard.

They didn’t change any colors in Hoth.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

Wazzles said:

towne32 said:

My preference, at least for ANH, is 1997 over 2011 because of the colors, though many of the scenes are still too green even in the 97 version. At least most of the gradients exist in the 97 edition, something I assure you isn’t the case for much of reel 6 in the 2011 version.

I meant compared to the 2004. If we’re bringing the 97 in, then there’s absolutely no contest as the 97 is hands-down better.