Sign In

Update on recent troll and sock puppet activity — Page 3

This topic has been locked by a moderator.

Author
Time

Agreed.  This is the thread where we all try to convince you guys to bring back Ric.

Author
Time

I like long socks when making my puppets. Ankle socks take away from the magic.

And I knew a Ric once. Great guy.

Some people call them Force Ghosts. I call them Midichlorian Swarms.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

IF socks & trolls were ONLY allowed in let's say Frink's thread, I wouldn't care, but because they were allowed to roam freely they were a hindrance to this site and it's goals. 

They clutter important threads, they have a negative impact on membership, and the fact that only certain folks were privy to who they were or who was allowed to have them without consequence is a slap in the face to members who have joined for the express purpose of sharing their love of Star Wars and all the great projects & opportunities to make friends that have sprung from this fan base over the years. 

Why they were ever allowed to flourish in the first place is beyond me.  Heck, I'm not a "Frink Fan" to begin with but I would rather deal with him one on one instead of having a full blown out knock down drag out war of words with him and any number of alter egos he felt he needed to make this site less enjoyable for those of us who stick primarily to only a few sections of the forum.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, IMO anyways.

Author
Time

Jetrell Fo said:

IF socks & trolls were ONLY allowed in let's say Frink's thread, I wouldn't care, but because they were allowed to roam freely they were a hindrance to this site and it's goals. 

They clutter important threads, they have a negative impact on membership, and the fact that only certain folks were privy to who they were or who was allowed to have them without consequence is a slap in the face to members who have joined for the express purpose of sharing their love of Star Wars and all the great projects & opportunities to make friends that have sprung from this fan base over the years. 

Why they were ever allowed to flourish in the first place is beyond me.  Heck, I'm not a "Frink Fan" to begin with but I would rather deal with him one on one instead of having a full blown out knock down drag out war of words with him and any number of alter egos he felt he needed to make this site less enjoyable for those of us who stick primarily to only a few sections of the forum.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, IMO anyways.

Ric should be brought back just for this load of nonsense alone.  You should do your research before you talk about things you don't know about.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Jetrell Fo said:

IF socks & trolls were ONLY allowed in let's say Frink's thread, I wouldn't care, but because they were allowed to roam freely they were a hindrance to this site and it's goals. 

They clutter important threads, they have a negative impact on membership, and the fact that only certain folks were privy to who they were or who was allowed to have them without consequence is a slap in the face to members who have joined for the express purpose of sharing their love of Star Wars and all the great projects & opportunities to make friends that have sprung from this fan base over the years. 

Why they were ever allowed to flourish in the first place is beyond me.  Heck, I'm not a "Frink Fan" to begin with but I would rather deal with him one on one instead of having a full blown out knock down drag out war of words with him and any number of alter egos he felt he needed to make this site less enjoyable for those of us who stick primarily to only a few sections of the forum.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, IMO anyways.

Ric should be brought back just for this load of nonsense alone.  You should do your research before you talk about things you don't know about.

 Why?  Because it was your sock and not someone else's?  Maybe you should read all the apologies people have put up for the things they did while using their socks ..... ego does not equal positive.

 

Author
Time

You continue to show your lack of knowledge.

Author
Time

You continue to show your lack of humility.

Author
Time

What do you know about Ric?  What do you know about other socks?  What do you know about what I've done?

Show your work or be quiet.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Or what, you'll sock me?

:)

And for the record, I don't have a need to be held in reverence for things I do.  This is a fan community, not a place of idol worship.

:)

Author
Time

Ric was the man, end of story.  His loss was a great personal tragedy to me, and an abstract one to many others.  That this forum (and indeed, the world) is a sadder place without him in it is an observation so obvious, it is worthy to have been made only by him.

That is all.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jetrell Fo said:


And for the record, I don't have a need to be held in reverence for things I do.  This is a fan community, not a place of idol worship.

 You are using words I recognize but the way you are putting them together makes no sense.  You said a bunch of things about socks in general and me in particular that were nonsensical.  My supposed ego has nothing to do with your lack of knowledge.

Author
Time

Get a room you two, or I'm locking this thread.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

I'm not sure why it hasn't been locked already.  Then again, I'm still unclear why Ric needed to be banned.  No one was upset by Ric, to know him was to love him, there were no secrets with Ric.  He simply was the best Ric he could be.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Jetrell Fo said:


And for the record, I don't have a need to be held in reverence for things I do.  This is a fan community, not a place of idol worship.

 You are using words I recognize but the way you are putting them together makes no sense.  You said a bunch of things about socks in general and me in particular that were nonsensical.  My supposed ego has nothing to do with your lack of knowledge.

I'm surprised you would even admit to recognizing words I've used in response to you. 

Point is, I'm not sure what you feel is so important about yourself that you deserve to have 2 identities here.  You didn't save Alderaan from destruction, you didn't bring balance to the force, and you certainly can't save Star Wars by yourself.

So, here's your chance "Mr. I'm smarter than you.", what did you do as Ric that was so heroically important that it couldn't have ever been done by Frink?  Why are you entitled to be treated differently than anyone else here? 

If you can actually answer those questions honestly & politely without sarcasm, idiocy, self-purpose, and a sense of entitlement, I would consider taking you seriously for a change. 

Otherwise, I will only ever see you as Class Clown.     

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Get a room you two, or I'm locking this thread.

 LMAO

Author
Time

Jetrell Fo said:

TV's Frink said:

Jetrell Fo said:


And for the record, I don't have a need to be held in reverence for things I do.  This is a fan community, not a place of idol worship.

 You are using words I recognize but the way you are putting them together makes no sense.  You said a bunch of things about socks in general and me in particular that were nonsensical.  My supposed ego has nothing to do with your lack of knowledge.

I'm surprised you would even admit to recognizing words I've used in response to you. 

Point is, I'm not sure what you feel is so important about yourself that you deserve to have 2 identities here.  You didn't save Alderaan from destruction, you didn't bring balance to the force, and you certainly can't save Star Wars by yourself.

So, here's your chance "Mr. I'm smarter than you.", what did you do as Ric that was so heroically important that it couldn't have ever been done by Frink?  Why are you entitled to be treated differently than anyone else here? 

If you can actually answer those questions honestly & politely without sarcasm, idiocy, self-purpose, and a sense of entitlement, I would consider taking you seriously for a change. 

Otherwise, I will only ever see you as Class Clown.     

 Since a moderator has asked us to stop, I will simply point you to the correct thread.  Read and learn, and feel free to continue discussion there or here if you feel you have something worthwhile to say on the subject.

Author
Time

Nope.  I'm good.  I got the response I expected.  Thanks.

Sorry SilverWook, I wasn't trying to stir up trouble, just looking for an answer.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Since Leonardo & Frink find molestation funny & acceptable I'll bring my request here via copy and paste ....

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Bring-Back-Ric/post/678199/#TopicPost678199

As Frink would say .... Link or it didn't happen?

Jetrell Fo said:

TV's Frink said:

Everyone thinks they have a good sense of humor.  The ones who don't are the ones who feel the need to try and convince everyone they do.

Okay ..... You may think molestation is funny and a good laugh to be had by all but I do NOT.  Nor do others who have suffered it.

PLEASE: would a moderator or admin explain to Frink why he is not allowed to have a sock even though it is painfully clear to most of us ... I'm begging you, please put an end to his torment so we can move on.

Thank you kindly.

Leonardo said:

Jetrell Fo said:

@Leonardo, THAT is nasty.  I'm actually offended and I have a fairly good sense of humor.

 Does not compute. Syntax error #273, class "offended" incompatible with class "fairly good sense of humour".  ABNe577@level42. Press Return to Restart System. Press Escape to Cancel Error.

Again, molestation is NOT a laughing matter, that kinda crap isn't humorous at all.

The whining about him not getting a real acceptable answer of any kind is getting unbearable.  Someone help him out, please?

Author
Time

Off topic is no man's land. That means no moderation. The ignore button is your friend.

And thread is locked, since I can't see any more relevant replies coming down the pike now.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Moth3r said:

... any future socks will result in the banning of both the sock and the main account.

 Repeating this as some people didn't get it last time.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here