I just had the chance to watch and just wanted to let you know that I thought you did a fantastic job. I did make a few notes I wanted to share with you while I watched it. I know you have already done your version 2.0 so I apologize if you have already changed any of this.
• Someone may have pointed this out, but when Bib Fortuna speaks to Leia in disguise, you can faintly hear the clicks of the thermal detonator when she responds to him even. I would suggest trying to use a different line if there is one that is possibly cleaner. Otherwise, I would just not have her say anything. I know you have your version 2.0 pretty solidified, this would be the only thing I would really like you to consider looking at if you haven’t already.
• Also, I would also vote to cut that whole reveal shot of Lando if possible. Even though you cut out him slowly pulling his mask down, he still awkwardly bumps his helmet against the ceiling. And I think when Lando reaches out for Leia when Luke falls into the pit is a little more subtle reveal.
• For the ghost Obi-Wan scene, although I’m not really a fan of using prequel music in the OT, I think that track is a good choice for that moment.
• With the scene of Luke revealing the truth to Leia, was there a reason you decided to remove Han coming onto the bridge? You could cut the jealousy out to just make it seems like he’s just concerned and is comforting her. I’m guessing the audio cuts might be noticeable when cut that way. I don’t think not having it makes a big difference though.
• Wonderful job with the battle! I think you’ve really simplified the battle and really got rid of the campiness of the Ewoks. The Ewoks definitely just seem like a distraction now. I didn’t notice any audio issues either so well done.
• I think since you’re keeping force ghost Anakin, having him disappear works really well. Would you say that Luke just burns his suit to memorialize him, or to destroy the last piece of Vader maybe, rather than actually burning a body?
• I think one of my favorite things you’ve done is the “he’s my brother” scene. What once was surprise/relief now comes off as surprise/joy, like he’s really happy for them that they’re brother and sister, since they both have no family left.
Anyway, just wanted to say great job and point those few things out to you. Sorry if this feedback is a little late or redudant. I appreciate all of the work you put into this.