CHRONOLOGICAL VIEWING OF THE SAGA
So I was just skimming through AOTC and ROTS to determine where I can drop mentions of “Skywalker.” This can work! Some more alterations to the prequels:
- No mention of “the prophecy” or Anakin being “the Chosen One”
- Was toying with nixing all mentions of Padme’s pregnancy - but then thought I could trim all related dialogue so that it’s implied she only has one baby, a girl
- When Padme’s in labor, cut “she’s medically healthy” and the mention of twins; show only Leia’s birth
- Eliminate dialogue that refers to Jedi having no attachments to anyone; trim dialogue so that it isn’t implied that Anakin and Padme married in secret
- Major change: Could VADER be the “(An)other” in TESB-ROTJ???; we never see Leia doing anything with the Force until TLJ, but I’ll be dropping the infamous “Mary Poppins” scene anyway, so there will never be Leia-the-Force-user
In my reedit of ROTJ, when Obi-Wan reveals what really happened, I’ll flash back to two key ROTS scenes: revealing both Luke’s birth and his being hidden on Tatooine. Hmm, I’ll also have to come with a way to cut around Obi-Wan confirming that Leia is “Another.”
For me such changes will both make the entire saga more enjoyable AND allow those unfamiliar with it to watch the whole thing in chronological order without spoilers.
This post has been edited.