logo Sign In

2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ok, here’s a thread to discuss anything and everything about the Rio Olympic Games. Opening ceremony is tonight! I have to say am thinking it was unwise idea to give the games to Rio. With the Zika virus and the poverty and the polluted water and things not quite being ready, it doesn’t seem like a wise idea. That said:

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Author
Time

I’m rooting for no one.

Author
Time

I feel that the Olympics is supposed to be above nationalism. I guess we do need a way to divide things up into teams, but I feel no need for boundaries in sport.

Author
Time

You clearly don’t understand sports. Or the Olympics.

Author
Time

It was never intended that you weren’t supposed to cheer for your country in the Olympics.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

As long as no communist countries get a medal, I’m fine.

EDIT: Or Germany.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

While I’m no sports fan and never keep up with any of the games, I do usually watch at least part of the opening ceremonies, and tonight will probably be no different.

Author
Time

I plan to watch the opening ceremony tonight, it is usually a fun time.

I feel bad for any athletes who have to choose between competing, or risking exposure to polluted water, it doesn’t seem right.

Author
Time

They seem to be having the olympics in terrible cities so far this century.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

Warbler said:

Ok, here’s a thread to discuss anything and everything about the Rio Olympic Games. Opening ceremony is tonight! I have to say am thinking it was unwise idea to give the games to Rio. With the Zika virus and the poverty and the polluted water and things not quite being ready, it doesn’t seem like a wise idea. That said:

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLWNXFH2rg

Author
Time

I’m kinda shocked they’re still happening considering all the crazy news coming out of Rio about them.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Olympic games are extremely boring, especially when considering the astronomical amount money being wasted for them. There are only a few sports worth watching (like basketball). The same goes for winter olympics, where ice hockey is the only worthy thing.

真実

Author
Time

imperialscum said:

Olympic games are extremely boring, especially when considering the astronomical amount money being wasted for them. There are only a few sports worth watching (like basketball). The same goes for winter olympics, where ice hockey is the only worthy thing.

Yikes, you’re barely literate.

The Person in Question

Author
Time
 (Edited)

moviefreakedmind said:

imperialscum said:

I don’t expect a peasant to be familiar with an advanced form of language I use.

真実

Author
Time

Oh goodness. We all know you speak Japanese, it doesn’t help the fact that you’re a troll.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

imperialscum said:

moviefreakedmind said:

imperialscum said:

I don’t expect a peasant to be familiar with an advanced form of language I use.

I’d expect non-peasants to speak English. Clearly your nonsense about being intelligent was a lie.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

yhwx said:

Oh goodness. We all know you speak Japanese, it doesn’t help the fact that you’re a troll.

His mommy and daddy paid for his study abroad and it went to his heads I bet.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

imperialscum said:

You’re delusional.

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

yhwx said:

His mommy and daddy paid for his study abroad and it went to his heads I bet.

I am sorry to inform you that your assumptions are wrong.

真実