logo Sign In

So I just ate X for the first time.

Author
Time

I've been watching Fourth Doctor serials recently, and one of the most famous parts of Tom Bakers incarnation is his love for jelly babies. Being American I never had any, until today...

...and no offense (especially to the British on this forum), but they taste weird. Maybe it's because I'm American, maybe it's because I have sensitive taste buds, but they just...well...I'm not going to repeat myself. :P

They are hard to chew on the outside, yet the inside is really gooey, and not in a good way. The flavors are more intense (and more fruity) than gummy bears or jelly beans. The black one tasted horrible. I'm sorry if I am not describing myself well, but explaining things has never been one of my strong points.

I honestly don't know what to make of these "treats", but if the Doctor asked me if I wanted one, I would probably decline his offer.

For the record, the ones I bought were Bassett's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you guys tried a new food recently? It could be anything, from meat to vegetables, candy to absolute garbage, and anything and everything in between or outside it.

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The last new thing I tried was some kind of cheese -- I don't recall which kind, sorry -- shaped in the form of small balls that came in a plastic container filled with water.

Needless to say, it was like eating soft, tasteless plastic.

Author
Time

Not liking Jelly Babies does not compute... and Bassett's are the best.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Recently had the pleasure of eating French Oriental fondue...I now simply cannot imagine wanting anything else so every subsequent dinner out is set to be a disappointment by comparison...

I was once…but now I’m not… Further: zyzzogeton

“It wasn’t the flood that destroyed the pantry…”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ryan McAvoy said:

Not liking Jelly Babies does not compute... and Bassett's are the best.

Must be something locals are accustomed to but non-natives wouldn't have an immediate taste for. Like Vegemite. Or human flesh. 

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

The last new thing I tried was some kind of cheese -- I don't recall which kind, sorry -- shaped in the form of small balls that came in a plastic container filled with water.

Hmm, sounds like fresh mozzarella.  Buffalo mozzarella if you're lucky, but probably just cow.  First time I tried, I didn't get the point.  After a while, you start craving it.  An Italian staple.

"Close the blast doors!"
Puggo’s website | Rescuing Star Wars

Author
Time

If it's Buffalo mozzarella, rip up chunks of it and scatter them in the middle of your next lasagne. They go all melty and mmmmmmmm

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Sorry Possessed, wrong thread.

Author
Time

Ryan McAvoy said:

Not liking Jelly Babies does not compute...

Especially coming from the guy who claims to love the LOL Bunny.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So you think I can't love the LOL bunny without liking Jelly Babies. I'd say you're wrong...but than this wouldn't exist.

...but lets not derail the thread too much. What was the last time you ate a new food Frink?

Author
Time

He probably just danced for hours on end.

Author
Time

Hardee har har -.-

You full well know what I meant by X, and it wasn't the drug.

Author
Time

But hours aren't made of days. So if someone says "I was doing whatever I was doing for hours." It's safe to assume that they were doing whatever it was for less than a day, or they'd have said so.
After reaching more than a foot, you don't report the measurements in inches alone, unless asked.

Ray’s Lounge
Biggs in ANH edit idea
ROTJ opening edit idea

Author
Time

ray_afraid said:

But hours aren't made of days.

That may be true for humans, but what if you happen to be an intelligent microbe who experiences time at an accelerated rate?

Author
Time

Time would still pass, for the microbe, as normal time. An hour would only be faster compared to those experiencing time as we are.
Obviously Danfun and Frink are moving at the same rate of time as the rest of us, or the posts they make would'nt show up to us as they would be working their way into the future at an accelerated rate. They would be responding to posts we haven't made yet.

Ray’s Lounge
Biggs in ANH edit idea
ROTJ opening edit idea

Author
Time

...actually, that might explain something...

I was once…but now I’m not… Further: zyzzogeton

“It wasn’t the flood that destroyed the pantry…”