logo Sign In

Outdoor Projection Equipment

Author
Time

Let's say you wanted to go outside and watch Moth3r's Pre-ANH bootleg.  What would you all recommend equipment wise?  Long life battery laptop, computer projection device, etc.

Author
Time

What are you planning now? I'm intrigued...

Anyway, not that I have any experience of this, but I'd be wary of relying on battery power. If I were projecting something in my garden, I'd run an extension from a socket in the house. If you are looking for something more mobile, then powering a laptop & projector from the 12V power socket in a car (with the engine running) might be a solution. Keep in mind that DC to DC convertors are more efficient than DC/AC inverters.

Your question reminds me of this stunt back in 1996...

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time

This is nothing new, just collecting some real world details.  For example: (larger scale)

http://www.guerilladrivein.org/2010/01/star-wars-trilogy-jan-15th-600pm.html

(can't find the link, but there was one in brooklyn similar to the car battery story Moth3r link'd too, they set up in an abondoned lot, and showed it on the side of a building.)

Thinking out loud.  Partly I'd like to do a second AN EMPIRE SPIK BOOTLEG, a street recording of a public performance of one of the films.  Maybe the bluu-ray release will bring one.  Or project the movie onto the crowds going to buy the movie.

There's also how do you maintain in the public consciousness that there is a difference between the theater opening day and the newer releases.  The grass roots thing which happens in this forum everyday, but when an event takes place there is the opportunity for press.  If in the few days after the bluu-ray release if the articles contain a sentence or two about some rebel screenings of the original films, that's a way of keeping the idea alive.

If done on bluu-ray day.  Was thinking of using the telecine and having a 30 second pause at the reel change markers.  People might think it was a publicity stunt but then question what they are seeing if they know what the burn marks are.

Like SW this is fantasy at the moment.