logo Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 - MKV (Released) — Page 683

Author
Time

Muyfa666 said:

I noticed ROTJ v3.0 is in 1080p. How come SW and ESB is in 720p?

Nevertheless, great work with these. 😃

Check the release dates. Despecialized started when the best sources maxed out at 720p, namely GOUT upscales and HDTV captures. Once the 1080p Blu-rays came out, there was only marginally more detail in those sources, and all the previous despecialization work was in 720p and would either need to be redone or remain lower-resolution. Now that we have the UHDs and the 4Kxx projects to use as sources, the extra work of re-doing the despecialization in 4K is worth it, so any projects from this point forward are likely to be available in 4K and 1080p resolutions. But ROTJ 3.0 was the first out of the gate.

Also, ROTJ 3.0 has at least one serious error. It’s missing a subtitle for one of Jabba’s lines. I’m sure there may be other minor issues, but that’s a big one anyone would notice. So a lot of us are still on the sidelines waiting for ROTJ 3.1.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

CatBus said:

Muyfa666 said:

I noticed ROTJ v3.0 is in 1080p. How come SW and ESB is in 720p?

Nevertheless, great work with these. 😃

Check the release dates. Despecialized started when the best sources maxed out at 720p, namely GOUT upscales and HDTV captures. Once the 1080p Blu-rays came out, there was only marginally more detail in those sources, and all the previous despecialization work was in 720p and would either need to be redone or remain lower-resolution. Now that we have the UHDs and the 4Kxx projects to use as sources, the extra work of re-doing the despecialization in 4K is worth it, so any projects from this point forward are likely to be available in 4K and 1080p resolutions. But ROTJ 3.0 was the first out of the gate.

Also, ROTJ 3.0 has at least one serious error. It’s missing a subtitle for one of Jabba’s lines. I’m sure there may be other minor issues, but that’s a big one anyone would notice. So a lot of us are still on the sidelines waiting for ROTJ 3.1.

I see. Thanks alot for the info. The 720p’s are really nice, but it’s good to hear that we will get 1080p and 4K for all three down the line. The ultimate retro viewing experience of the original trilogy. 😃

Author
Time

Keep in mind, Harmy used to have a lot more free time than he does now. A great deal of patience will be required if you’re waiting for these.

Author
Time

Yup, I’m waiting on “ROTJ 3.1” and will download that version.

Really looking forward to version 3.0 for A New Hope and Empire! Hope those get released this year!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So, facebook is sending me some mixed messages.

First I got this notification:

img

When I disputed I got this email:

img

A while later I got this notification:

img

Yet, I can still access the page and the “page quality” tab says this:

img

But the page is clearly inaccessible to people, so I guess that’s it for Despecialized on FB.

Author
Time

Sorry to hear that. There was a lot of good content on your Facebook page.

Author
Time

That’s a total bummer. Sorry Harmy.

“You know, when you think about it, the Ewoks probably just crap over the sides of their tree-huts.”

Author
Time

Would removing “Star Wars” from the title of the page help regarding “misrepresentation”?

Author
Time

I think it maybe would have but it’s probably too late now. Not to mention,I don’t think you can rename a fb page anyway.

Author
Time

Shoulda called it Star Trek!

Author
Time

There’s a recent post on fanedits Reddit page about Despecialized having been mentioned on a recent Conan O’Brian podcast. Hmmm…

Author
Time

For everyone, it’s at 7:28 into the video that the despecialized movies are mentioned. The whole Star Wars bit starts at 4:55.

<dl>

<dd>This is my lightsaber. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My lightsaber is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My lightsaber, without me, is useless. Without my lightsaber, I am useless. I must wield my lightsaber true.</dd>

</dl>

Author
Time
 (Edited)

How goes the progress on V3.0? Just downloaded ROTJ and it looks amazing. Curious to hear where Harmy is at with the V3.0 versions of SW and TESB!

The Skywalker Saga:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX
This is the way.

Author
Time

First priority is fixing the problems in ROTJ 3.0, with 3.1. Should be very soon.