logo Sign In

GOUT, Automated Theatrical Colouring, and a Reference Guide — Page 13

Author
Time

Yeah, these are quite old. The need to colour correct them to account for the fading means that they can't really be used as a reference.

Author
Time

So, have a set of color correction values been come up with for each movie that will correct the 2006 Star Wars trilogy DVD's about as close as one can get to the original theatrical colors within the limits of that DVD source? After all the adjusting and fine tuning, wondering if there is some agreement among the experts here on what provides the best overall correction?

The Star Wars trilogy. There can be only one.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Dunedain said:

So, have a set of color correction values been come up with for each movie that will correct the 2006 Star Wars trilogy DVD's about as close as one can get to the original theatrical colors within the limits of that DVD source? After all the adjusting and fine tuning, wondering if there is some agreement among the experts here on what provides the best overall correction?

Check out You_Too's work with DJ.

His color-correction (primarily GIMP curves files loaded into Avisynth via GiCoCu) is probably the most accurate we can get with the GOUT DVDs.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

I guess it depends if one wants to use the Technicolor print that was shown as the reference or other sources, which, of course, would affect how you do the color restoration. And yeah, I agree, the V2 Blu-ray set is looking superb. :)

The Star Wars trilogy. There can be only one.