Sign In

yhwx

User Group
Trusted Members
Join date
23-May-2016
Last activity
13-Apr-2018
Posts
8348

Post History

Post
#1188749
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

chyron8472 said:

moviefreakedmind said:

chyron8472 said:

moviefreakedmind said:

chyron8472 said:

Seriously mfm, instead of saying there is no reason, you should ask someone who had a reason. It’s arrogant to assume that because you’re not aware of a reason that there can’t be one.

I don’t think there are any good reasons. Looking back on high school, some of my favorite acquaintances were girls and I wouldn’t have meant them if I went to a boys’ school. I get why boarding schools are segregated, because of their dormitories, but that’s just a logistics reason.

I’m sure someone on the web probably wrote a blog or whatnot why they went, and Google can help you find it.

Why would I want to dedicate my time to placing such information in my brain cells?

Synapses. Not cells.

Didn’t know we had a neurologist here.

Post
#1188667
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

chyron8472 said:

Warbler said:

chyron8472 said:

Warbler said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged male would feel the need to go to an all-male college though.

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged female would feel the need to go to an all-female college though.

Safety?

Try to imagine if you had been raped in high school. Just for starters.

So if I was a woman and was raped by a black student in highschool, would I be justified in wanting to go to a whites only school?

I honestly don’t know how to respond to this.

Not wanting to go to a school with the same gender that raped me is the same as not wanting to go to a school with the same race that raped me?

Warbler, I just posted guidelines that the Department of Education has for same sex schools.

I saw.

Well, the guidelines say that there has to be a benefit to having such a school or class, and that having same can not prevent people who are not accepted from attending a comparable school or class.

There is likely no way to provide an all-white school that adheres to those guidelines.

I would think you could provide an all-white school the same way you provide an all black school.

Not with federal funds.

Post
#1188636
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

chyron8472 said:

TV’s Frink said:

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged male would feel the need to go to an all-male college though.

That doesn’t mean nobody does though.

Granted.

Perhaps you could explain.

Is there a reason beyond “avoiding temptation from those evil harlots?”

There are different sexualities, Frink.

And?

It seemed like in your first comment, you were implying a heterosexual viewpoint.

Frink expressed a heterosexual viewpoint! Quick! Burn the Witch!

Warbler.

yhwx.

That’s m’name, cap’n.

Post
#1188630
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

chyron8472 said:

TV’s Frink said:

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged male would feel the need to go to an all-male college though.

That doesn’t mean nobody does though.

Granted.

Perhaps you could explain.

Is there a reason beyond “avoiding temptation from those evil harlots?”

There are different sexualities, Frink.

And?

It seemed like in your first comment, you were implying a heterosexual viewpoint.

Frink expressed a heterosexual viewpoint! Quick! Burn the Witch!

Warbler.

Post
#1188627
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

TV’s Frink said:

yhwx said:

TV’s Frink said:

chyron8472 said:

TV’s Frink said:

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged male would feel the need to go to an all-male college though.

That doesn’t mean nobody does though.

Granted.

Perhaps you could explain.

Is there a reason beyond “avoiding temptation from those evil harlots?”

There are different sexualities, Frink.

And?

It seemed like in your first comment, you were implying a heterosexual viewpoint.

Post
#1188619
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged male would feel the need to go to an all-male college though.

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged female would feel the need to go to an all-female college though.

Safety?

Try to imagine if you had been raped in high school. Just for starters.

So if I was a woman and was raped by a black student in highschool, would I be justified in wanting to go to a whites only school?

That doesn’t even make cucumbers.

Post
#1188614
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged male would feel the need to go to an all-male college though.

I don’t quite understand why a college-aged female would feel the need to go to an all-female college though.

It has been explained to you.

oh wait, if woman is a forbidden term, I would think male and female would be as well.

Good idea.

Post
#1188611
Topic
Last movie seen
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

yhwx said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

DominicCobb said:

Last Jedi’s got some problems. (though I’d argue relatively minor)

Exactly one problem.

I thought you vowed to not see that movie.

I haven’t.

yhwx said:

ray_afraid said:

I don’t know where you’ve gotten the idea that Duracell has seen TLJ.

He said that it was beyond perfection.

ray_afraid said:

Ah. I took that as sarcasm.
I still do. Could be wrong.

Dek Rollins said:

ray_afraid said:

Ah. I took that as sarcasm.
I still do. Could be wrong.

I’m 100% certain it was sarcasm. He hates what they did with the characters so he definitely wouldn’t like it if he did see it.

I was being sarcastic indeed. In fact, I was making fun of people like fmalover, who act like TLJ was handed down from God Themself.

TLJ remains on my anti-watchlist and will remain there, along with The Dark Knight Rises, the Snyderman films, and any other movies which present unappealing “alternative interpretations” of beloved characters.

You have your own kind of ignorant thinking, but at least you have the decency to not watch the movie instead of being a hypocrite.

Post
#1188602
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mount-holyoke-college-women-tells-professors-avoid-word-women-020618924.html

I am telling you its mad, mad, mad, mad world

Tell me, in your own words please, how this is “mad?”

It seems insane to me to outlaw the use of a term such a “woman”. It also seems insane to me to say that you can’t assume someone who isn’t a woman, isn’t a student a women’s college.

The 1950’s called, they’re looking for you.

(Ok, to be fair, the 2010’s called too, but still, this is an outdated way of thinking.)

ah, of course.

It’s a binary way of thinking.

1010111000110000110001011000111001111001111000111111000011111100011010101000111001110000

You did it wrong.

Post
#1188597
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

dahmage said:

Warbler said:

chyron8472 said:

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

It would not be allowed in any way shape or form a “college for men”.

Wrong. I’m pretty sure there are boarding schools for boys.

I am surprised any boarding schools for boys aren’t sued out of existence.

And why is that? They are not discriminatory for sexist reasons.

tell that to feminists groups.

I AM RIGHT HERE, TELL ME TO MY FACE

You’re a feminists group?

Come on, Warbler. Language! Use an apostrophe.

Post
#1188595
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

chyron8472 said:

Warbler said:

chyron8472 said:

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

It would not be allowed in any way shape or form a “college for men”.

Wrong. I’m pretty sure there are boarding schools for boys.

I am surprised any boarding schools for boys aren’t sued out of existence.

And why is that? They are not discriminatory for sexist reasons.

tell that to feminists groups.

There are reasons why a person might desire to go to a gender-specific school without it being mean-spirited or evil.

Isms don’t necessarily have to be mean-spirited or evil.

Post
#1188593
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mount-holyoke-college-women-tells-professors-avoid-word-women-020618924.html

I am telling you its mad, mad, mad, mad world

Tell me, in your own words please, how this is “mad?”

It seems insane to me to outlaw the use of a term such a “woman”. It also seems insane to me to say that you can’t assume someone who isn’t a woman, isn’t a student a women’s college.

The 1950’s called, they’re looking for you.

(Ok, to be fair, the 2010’s called too, but still, this is an outdated way of thinking.)

ah, of course.

It’s a binary way of thinking.

Post
#1188580
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

ray_afraid said:

Maybe I’m looking at this wrong, but if you don’t identify as a woman, why go to a “college for women”?
And if a person with a penis identifies as a woman, will they admit this person?

Why is there still a “college for woman”? It would not be allowed in any way shape or form a “college for men”.

There aren’t still colleges and boarding schools for men and boys?

EDIT: Just looked it up, there are a few.

This surprises me. Why aren’t they sued for discrimination?

They’ve probably been given an exception under civil rights statues. Also, since they’re private, they wouldn’t need to receive federal funds.

Post
#1188571
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

TV’s Frink said:

ChainsawAsh said:

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

ray_afraid said:

Maybe I’m looking at this wrong, but if you don’t identify as a woman, why go to a “college for women”?
And if a person with a penis identifies as a woman, will they admit this person?

Why is there still a “college for woman”? It would not be allowed in any way shape or form a “college for men”.

Why is there still a “college for black?” It would not be allowed in any way shape or form a “college for whites”.

Don’t quite get the point you’re trying to make here. Seems pretty much the same as Warbler’s point, I think.

Except I don’t think either is a valid question.

But there are no schools exclusively for whites, which kind of negates the point you were trying to make.