I've been spending a lot of time reading thread and posts, and man, it is easy to get mixed up in all the information here! Who made what soundtrack restoration... which film was it... which edition was it... which sources... crazy! I saw somewhere, someone had the idea of a preservation wiki. Man, that would be nice. All in formation in one place. I hope that gets off the ground some day. I've got like eight tabs open at the moment, cross referencing different threads...
A few n00b questions, if anyone is kind enough to answer them.
1. How many versions of the ESB IAE have been made by ABC, and is this 2012 one the latest and greatest? I'm not a super educated "audiophile", but I am a super fan of the music. From what I can tell, on a scale of 1 to The Second Coming of Jeebus, this is a 9.9. Audiophiles, would you say that is true?
2. What's the deal with the OT remastered soundtracks by ABC and 7FN? How many editions of that one, and (with respect to other fan restorations) are those the gold standard for Star Wars and ROTJ?
3. Are there IAEs in the works for any other films, PT or OT?
4. Sort of a different topic, but I saw between posts here and there a bit of hate directed towards the TPM UE. Why is this? It's given me a lot of happiness over the years, but like I said before, I'm not the most educated audiophile, so maybe I missed something.
5. What's the ESB DVD that ABC made? The entire score set to, what, the entire film? In 5.1? That would be craziness.
6. And a super n00b question, but can someone explain the difference between cues, film edits, and concert suites? And of those three, what is an RSO generally comprised of?