Going back to the OP, has anyone else made the "Top Choice" edits for FOD and FAFDM? I bought the German and US BDs for each and made the appropriate edits:
- Removed embarrassing Tobis distributor title
- Replaced German titles with English titles - adjusting the faded color of the latter so the reds matched
- Did not replace ALL titles of the German version, such as the co-stars which listed their full names in the German version (such as Siegfried Rupp instead of S. Rupp)
- Used US title card for Technicolor/Techniscope. The German one is too cropped on the left.
- Ending still includes the Italian "FINE". The equivalent shot from the US Blu-ray is too ugly to use.
- Does not include MGM logo - film begins and ends with restoration credits
- English DTS-HD MA Mono only. I didn't include the 5.1 because I didn't see the point.
- Removed Tobis distributor title
- Replaced German intro card about bounty killers with English intro card
- English DTS-HD MA Mono
I have a Mondo BD coming in the mail in the next week or so. I plan on editing it as well to insert in the English titles and text from the US remaster, and sync it to TheHutt's mono mix.
Done! PM for details.
While I did buy the Mondo version and got synced it to TheHutt's mono mix, I decided to stick with the (superior) original Italian titles.
After watching that version, I can't watch the US remaster again, even a regraded version. Sure there's more fine detail, but it's not worth the wacky color. Way too saturated, skies are teal, and blacks look bad. Whether it should or should not look like that, the Italian remaster looks natural, and fits in better with the FOD remaster. FOFDM still looks rough, but it too looks natural.