This is what RJ possibly “ruined” about Star Wars:
- Luke’s ultimate fate is sit around moaning about his failure before he returns to form and sacrifices himself.
- You can now hyperspace attack.
- Animal cruelty exists in Star Wars.
-Luke was the archetypal hero. He single-handedly saved the Rebellion, he believed there was good in Vader, one of the most evil people in the galaxy, he did not fall to temptations of the dark side by the Emperor. This character would never become a grumpy old man with self-pity. Let alone try to kill his nephew in his sleep(wtf?).
-Hyperspace was a separate dimension which did not directly interact with Real Space, hyperspace ramming creates countless continuity issues. Big ships and stations wouldn’t exist in this universe, everyone would be launching hyperspace missiles at each other.
-Animal rights agenda was poorly shoved in
Compared to the PT:
- Anakin wasn’t a brave warrior, he was a creep.
- The Jedi were idiots.
- Padmé died of a broken heart.
- Stormtroopers are clones of Boba Fett’s father.
- There’s a ton of weird names.
- It’s potentially racist (likely accidental).
- The Jedi Purge happened in a day.
- Anakin built C-3PO and knew R2.
- Anakin knew about Uncle Owen but never checked up on him.
-Anakin was not a coward, he was not creepier than your average sex deprived teenager
-The jedi were clouded by the dark side
-It’s strongly implied that Anakin/Vader killed Padmé
-A mandalorian bounty-hunter makes good material for clone soldiers
-Not weirder than the OT names
-George is not a racist and worked with a diverse cast. Someone who sees racism in his work, only sees what he wants to see.
-Most jedi were either on the battlefield commanding troops or in the jedi temple, it was a good opportunity to stike at them
-Ok, that’s dumb.
-He didn’t like sand 😛
Yes, TLJ is way worse than the PT! /s I can see the argument TFA is the worst one, although I beg to differ, but I don’t understand how RJ gets SW worse than GL.
Yes, TLJ is way worse than the PT. The Prequels didn’t become cinematic masterpieces, but now people realize that they could have been much worse. And that Star Wars is only Star Wars if Lucas is involved.