Exciting. Looking forward to hearing more about the ultimate edition of this travesty.
(Note: Using “travesty” in the loving sense. Same as I’d use for the Ewok films, and MANY steps above the Prequels.)
Interested to see what you come up with for this. I’ll help if I have anything to add.
whats the status of this?
The project was put on hold. A week or two after my last update, my (pirated) licence to Vegas Pro 14 stopped working. Since then I decided to move it all to the latest version of Premiere Pro CC. I’m trying to learn how to use this program, and the only thing that’s finished is the background of the French edit.
- Still trying to find the exact same font used for the French edit. Would you rather have this intro remade or reused from the VHS tape?
- The “CBS Late Movie” announcement likely came from WMAR, rather than WHIO.
- In the Gormaanda Hybrid V2, the WHIO v2 disc is (supposedly) included as an easter egg. At the very beginning of that video track, there’s an extra news segment talking about the Moscow neutron bomb. afaik it isn’t featured anywhere else, and I’m wondering if it should be included in this release. Thoughts?
- Other full-length commentary tracks from YouTube videos will be included in addition to Rifftrax.
- Should I use Editdroid audio for every scene with no dialogue and smoothly transition to the dubs when necessary?
Hey, I remember you from this thread I made ironically also about the Holiday Special and I was wondering how far along with the project you are. I was planning on creating a version of my edit with the original adverts in HD and would really like to know your process.
- All commercials will be improved to some degree, but I don’t plan on working on an HD release, as there won’t be any real improvement to the picture. At best, the main segments would look similar to the Zion Hybrid v2. It would probably be on a DVD-9.
I’m very sorry to everyone who were kept in the dark about this. It feels terrible.